Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old October 30th, 2007, 08:19 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame

But on a different topic: If I have a Ninja, unengaged, a few levels higher than an opponent's Gladiatron who is on a protruding cliff ledge, may I jump down, land on the space where the Gladiatron is, and then jump down again to a location below which is not engaged with the Gladiatron and keep moving? So if I am never in a space adjacent to a Gladiatron, only in a space occupied by a Gladiatron, the Cyberclaw is never activated, correct? (If you need a reason why this would be useful, pretend the terrain is such that falling damage is not applied.)
First, Bloody is wrong. The Gladiatron's power clearly says adjacent spaces and nothing about occupying the same space.

The contradiction is that the gladiatrons are taller than the ninajs (5 vs 4). So it is impossible to be on a hex that is adjacent but not engaged with the gladiatrons and not take falling damage when you jump down.

You either take falling damage, or you were cyberclawed before you started moving.

That said, if you were willing to roll for falling damage twice, I'd let you fall onto the same space as the gladiatron and then fall again out of engagement.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old November 23rd, 2007, 07:04 PM

Gloppy has disabled reputation
I just got this set, and I played with the ninjas.

I found I had little use for them.They died from the marro warriors
Old November 24th, 2007, 12:11 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
Poor dice rolls can lead to bad games with the ninjas. If you had gotten the dissappear, the ninjas would have rolled up on the Marros and hacked them to bits. However, if the opponent was getting the water clone frequently, the Marros can be a pain.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old November 27th, 2007, 08:13 PM

Gloppy has disabled reputation
I tried them again, and they kicked butt!

Easily killed Finn,Agent carr, and some airborne elite
Old November 27th, 2007, 08:23 PM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation
I've had some awesome battle with the Ninja. I was down to my Ninjers in my first few rounds once. My opponent didn't even notice them behind a ruined wall. I came back and obliterated the majority of his 450 point army with them. I still lost, but I had him down to only a few figures.
Old November 27th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
We have an irrational fear of the Ninjas at our table. In the last 1v1v1 game that I played, my friend and I ganged up on the Ninjas until they were dead, ignoring nearly everything else in anyone's army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Lately, I've had some wonderful success with the Ninjas.
Love the phantom-movement of 6 with the beefy attack.
I get giddy how well the designers capture the essense of these warriors.

Is there ever a reason to take the Kozuke over the Ninja?
Kozuke can travel farther and deliver the heftier punch, but the Ninja are just so slippery!!!
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:54 AM

Thordain has disabled reputation
Kato Katsuro will be a good reason to pick the Kozuke over the ninjas.

For 500 points:
Kato
Kozuke
2 x Harquebus
2 x Yari

You couldn't squeeze the ninjas into that because of their ten extra points, and they wouldn't bond. Other than that, why not field both? The Kozuke can blitzkrieg (or dengeki, rather), and let the ninjas sneak in a few turns later to pick off the survivors.
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:58 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I agree. When I use Ninjas they can sneak deep into enemy lines. Eventually my opponents stop attackin them to avoid disapearing ninjas.
best results in 1 match with them: braxas (i got all skulls 2 times and he got no sheilds 1 time) nakitas, kravs, 4stingers I love these guys!
Old July 14th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Ninjas of the Northern Wind

I played a fairly simple, but neat trick against a Ninja of the Northern Wind yesterday. I engaged it with two of my ranged figures (Stingers in this case) when it was standing on an important hill. The third was a bit further back. That third stinger took a shot at the Ninja, forcing him to leave the engagement from the first two stingers, running further back into his own territory. The middle stinger then took a shot at the Ninja, killing him. The stinger on point then fired onto my opponent's hero from height, putting some good hurt on her.

Ninjas are one of the few melee squads that it actually makes sense to engage with your own ranged figures. I think I'd pull a similar trick against Isamu in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 21st, 2008, 02:03 AM

Faxanadu13 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post

Kozuke can travel farther and deliver the heftier punch, but the Ninja are just so slippery!!!
Recently I placed two order markers on the ninja and slipped in through the open door of a castle thanks to "Dissappearing ninja". I then moved in and wrecked havoc. Eventually two of my ninjas moved up the ladder and killed Raelin and two Crav that were perched on top. When I was down to one last ninja I hopped over the edge and landed in a pool of water! Next round that same ninja moved out to grab a defence glyph. UNSTOPPABLE! Next game they failed me horribly...

:{ ALL OF OUR TIME WE SPEND }:
:{WAITING FOR OUR SOULS TO REND}:

"WATCH OUT FOR SPRING-TAILED JUMPING SNAKES!"

Last edited by Faxanadu13; August 21st, 2008 at 02:04 AM. Reason: crosseyed
Old August 21st, 2008, 11:03 AM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxanadu13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post

Recently I placed two order markers on the ninja and slipped in through the open door of a castle thanks to "Dissappearing ninja". I then moved in and wrecked havoc. Eventually two of my ninjas moved up the ladder and killed Raelin and two Crav that were perched on top. When I was down to one last ninja I hopped over the edge and landed in a pool of water! Next round that same ninja moved out to grab a defence glyph. UNSTOPPABLE! Next game they failed me horribly...
Correct me if I'm wrong somebody, but the Ninjas cannot move through the castle door at all because it is not a figure but a Destructible Object.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units