Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old August 12th, 2016, 01:31 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: X-Wing

Millenium Falcon!
Old August 12th, 2016, 02:07 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thanks, @keglo , All feedback for this new and wonderful game to me is quite welcome. So far I have picked up the Force awakened starter set, the original starter set and the slave 1 pack. putting me at 2 x wings, 4 tie fighters, and the slave 1. I am also going to borrow a guys collection that I know, to clone whatever ships I want, and to scan the dials and cards to make my own. He has a collection worth at least 400 bucks, so It should give me some options for a fairly good price. I plan on making rubber molds to use with liquid polymer for the more common ships such as ties, and x wings and such, and I'll probably use my instant mold and greenstuff to make bigger ships such as the millennium falcon.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 12th, 2016, 02:08 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Porkins , that ones definitely on my short list.

Old August 12th, 2016, 03:22 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I don't play tournaments, just casual. That said, some of my favorites are:
M.F.
A-Wings
TIE Phantom
TIE Bomber

I just got a couple Force Awakens cores at Target last night on clearance for $12. Excited to try out the new X's and TIE's. See this link to find some near you:

http://brickseek.com/target-inventor...ku=087-10-1337
Old August 12th, 2016, 03:22 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Glad I could be of service, although if I remember right my advice was standing on the backs of others in this thread who gave the same advice to me.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 12th, 2016, 03:33 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Wow. It show my Target has them for $11.98.

It also shows Arena of the Planeswalkers for $11.20

So tempting.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old August 12th, 2016, 06:21 PM
"like" happy

Ah man, I don't have a target nearby. It buy the crap out of sets for 11.98

Old August 20th, 2016, 02:50 AM
"like" happy

Got my first game of X Wing in tonight with my bro in law. I have a few questions that I tried digging through answers on fantasy flight games site, but haven't had great luck. Maybe some of you guys that have been playing for a while can answer them.

I played 2 X Wings and 2 t70 x wings against my bro in law that played 4 tie/fo's and Boba fett in his firespray.
First question is- when you overlap another ship what all happens. It says you may not do any actions. Does this mean I do not receive a focus token, or does it mean I can't attack, or both.
Second Question- ships like the firespray have a bunch of extra gear. Is there ever a time that I may get to do multiple attacks?
Third Question is about the Critical Hits and markers. Do the crit hits add a hit, make you draw a card, or both.
4th Question is- Do Crit hits bypass shields?

Last question is, what does a down facing crit card even do

If any of you guys could answer my questions that would be great. With what we did figure out with the manuals, the game was quite fun. I really enjoyed it, and think I am marching into another very dangerous hobby.

Old August 20th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Got my first game of X Wing in tonight with my bro in law. I have a few questions that I tried digging through answers on fantasy flight games site, but haven't had great luck. Maybe some of you guys that have been playing for a while can answer them.

I played 2 X Wings and 2 t70 x wings against my bro in law that played 4 tie/fo's and Boba fett in his firespray.
First question is- when you overlap another ship what all happens. It says you may not do any actions. Does this mean I do not receive a focus token, or does it mean I can't attack, or both.
Second Question- ships like the firespray have a bunch of extra gear. Is there ever a time that I may get to do multiple attacks?
Third Question is about the Critical Hits and markers. Do the crit hits add a hit, make you draw a card, or both.
4th Question is- Do Crit hits bypass shields?

Last question is, what does a down facing crit card even do

If any of you guys could answer my questions that would be great. With what we did figure out with the manuals, the game was quite fun. I really enjoyed it, and think I am marching into another very dangerous hobby.
1. If you overlap a ship, you finish your maneuver to the farthest point you can. If you bump and can't finish your maneuver you do not receive any actions. However abilities that trigger not taking actions (Guri for example) still will activate at the appropriate time.
You cannot attack a ship that you are touching bases with. However you can shoot at another ship.

2. There are a few ways for multiple attacks (Gunner, BTL title, Dengar, Tie D title, TLTs, etc) but as a general rule you do not recieve more than 1 attack.

3. As a general rule when you receive damage it goes to shields first, then hull. If it's a crit and you have shields just remove the shield. If you are out of shields, you draw cards equal to your damage and place them on your pilot card face down. When it meets or exceeds your hull, remove your ship (except for simultaneous fire). If it's a crit and you do not have shields draw the damage card face up and resolve it. It DOES count as a damage on your ship.

4. Not usually there are a few ordinace exceptions.

5. Counts as a damage.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 20th, 2016, 02:03 PM
"like" happy

Thanks @Matthias Maccabeus , your help is much appreciated. I think we will enjoy this game. After getting most of the rules down, it went pretty quick. We shot at each other when are ships were touching on our first game last night. A couple other questions about overlapping and attacking.
Are actions attacks or is that just when you put a evade or focus etc symbol on them.

If my ship overlaps one of my other ships can I still attack.

Can my ship shoot through another one of my ships to attack another, if so, does the enemy get an extra defense dice like an asteroid.

Old August 21st, 2016, 07:02 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Actions are NOT attacks. Actions are the focus, target lock, evade, et. things you can do. THEN you still get to attack.

If your ship overlaps another of your ships, or any ship for that matter, you CAN still attack. But if you're overlapping an opponent's ship, you cannot attack that particular ship.

Yes, you can shoot through another of your ships to hit an opponent's ship. Your ship does NOT block the attack. However, there is an upgrade (cannot recall it right now), that let's your ship obstruct shots.

Hope that helps.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 21st, 2016, 11:23 PM
"like" happy

@rym , yes that is awesome. I also found a youtube video that covers all of that stuff and was very helpful. Not sure why I didn't go there before, everything is on youtube.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures