Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 5th, 2016, 10:36 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Has anyone backed The Edge: Dawnfall? It looks and sounds incredible to me. Unfortunately, my wallet won't allow me to back it right now. It is from the creator of Cry Havoc.

??

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old November 5th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

It does look cool Keglo, but likewise, I can't back it. I mean, I could, but I am saving for more Halo Ground Command stuff when the expansions come out, and that stuff is pricey.

Maybe when that game hits retail, I might look back at it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 6th, 2016, 11:45 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Its a bit late as it's over now, but I am backing the Dark Souls: the board game. Looks like it's gonna be a really good game, and the amount of stuff the kickstarter is giving everyone is ridiculous! It promises to be just as challenging as the video game, and it allows for 1-4 players, so that's pretty cool. It's got a randomly revealing board, awesome looking miniatures, and overall just seems like it's gonna be a really cool dungeon crawler.

All the miniatures coming with it:
Spoiler Alert!
I backed that one. I have never played the video game, but I really enjoy extremely hard games. Currently backing the new Shadows of Brimstone and may jump into The Edge as I find out more about it.
Old November 6th, 2016, 12:54 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Eh, not really feeling the theme of the new SOB, still have so many miniatures to paint as it is from the orignal SOB game. I like the playable classes, but I don't feel like waiting until Mid-2018 for another board game.
The edge is cool and for $55 for 2 player faction (darkness & whatever you choose out of the 6 factions) isn't bad, it is tempting, maybe I will maybe I wont, not sure yet. The hexigon style of the bases reminds me heavily of heroscape.

Currently kickstarting Deep Madness, Can't beat that miniature count, not to mention most of the minis I can mod into SOB & Cthulhu Wars. All for only $100

And waiting on the second kickstarter launch of Kingdom of Death, missed the first one.

Mythic Battles: Pantheon, looks really amazing, but they are only covering the Greek/roman mythology.

If any of you are interested Tiny Epic has a Zelda themed game, Personally i'm not interested in it because I just backed 3 of their recent kickstarters, one for the epic galaxy, the wild west one, and the ultra tiny one of there original game.

On a side note for any of you Cthulhu Wars fans, if you haven't heard Sandy announced a Cthulhu Wars: Onslaught 3 sometime in the later quarter of 2017.

I Think the most impatient Kickstarter I've backed most likely is this one:

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old November 6th, 2016, 02:47 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I kickstarter backed this as well. Ive never have played the video games. Im excited for it and massive darkness and rum and bones second tide. I sunk over 800 dollars into those 3 combined. I relish when i get to put them on the table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Its a bit late as it's over now, but I am backing the Dark Souls: the board game. Looks like it's gonna be a really good game, and the amount of stuff the kickstarter is giving everyone is ridiculous! It promises to be just as challenging as the video game, and it allows for 1-4 players, so that's pretty cool. It's got a randomly revealing board, awesome looking miniatures, and overall just seems like it's gonna be a really cool dungeon crawler.

Spoiler Alert!
I backed that one. I have never played the video game, but I really enjoy extremely hard games. Currently backing the new Shadows of Brimstone and may jump into The Edge as I find out more about it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 6th, 2016, 03:45 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX
I kickstarter backed this as well. Ive never have played the video games. Im excited for it and massive darkness and rum and bones second tide. I sunk over 800 dollars into those 3 combined. I relish when i get to put them on the table.
Quote:
Quote:

Spoiler Alert! Show
I also backed the Dark Souls board game but I didn't and don't plan to buy any of the expansions to it, just the base game. Originally I got it for a friend as a supprize because they loved dark souls but he kind of is now angry with dark souls, so my game I guess, not sure why. I dont think I'll be backing anything after Deep Madness Ends exempt maybe the kingdom of death if it was cheap and maybe edge for $55

Old November 6th, 2016, 05:10 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!
Yeah, the difficultly is part of what drew me to it. I love how strategic it looks, between memorizing the boss moves, positioning, and managing you stamina, it seems like it will really be a challenge!
Old November 6th, 2016, 05:38 PM

Sorry, Double Post.

Old November 23rd, 2016, 01:34 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Richard Borg designed a Sci-Fi game called Abaddon that was released several years ago. It did not get much support when it was released and I thought it had died. The publisher has started a Kickstarter for its first expansion, "Abaddon - Shattered Command" here:

The Expansion is $15. For $40 you get both the Expansion and the base game, which normally goes for $60. I passed on the game when it first came out, waiting to see if it would be supported. So I am backing this Kickstarter as $40 for the base game and the expansion seems to good to pass up. For people who have the base game I would definitely back this as it adds rules and point costs for the units to allow players to design their own scenarios.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old November 23rd, 2016, 02:40 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'm very surprised to see this, as I last saw boxes of the base game on the discount shelf. Its a kids game, not Commands & Colors, but its probably good for what it is, according to the videos I've watched!
Old November 29th, 2016, 06:28 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!

It's not properly a game per se, but I'm backing SJ Games'
Kickstarter, which will be putting the base miniatures (heavy tank, howitzer, GEV, missile tank, infantry, and MkIII and MkV OGREs from the old metal miniature designs back into production in injection-molded plastic.

There are tentative plans for future KS projects for the ancillary units (LGEV, missile crawler, GEV-PC, MHWZ, etc.), and then the Combine version of the units, but they're concentrating on this one to get it out the door. Down into the last day, just under $95K of their $15k goal; they've had to add more stretch goals and a backer tier with the response they've gotten.
Old January 27th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I was really excited to see this on Kickstarter:

A 4x game that's playable with two; minis by Chad Hoverter, part of the Heroscape extended family; it looks really good. But it's hard to justify $125 into a Kickstarter just to get the base game with the minis. . . Either I'll sell off part of my collection to justify it, or I'll wait until @akden or @gurei-ornery gets his, and play with that.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games