Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 23rd, 2009, 11:32 AM

Broken Clock is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Custom Made Custom Cards

I just picked up a few sets for the investment of $0, thanks to the Toys R Us sales and the Kellogs coupons. I love everything about the game except the cards. I find the cards, well, hideous. I tried searching on here to find a few examples of re-made cards, but it's hard to search for custom cards without having to go through a bunch of Batmen and Supermen.

Any help would be great.

Oh, I may as well ask a few more questions instead of making new threads.

1) I hate the bases of heroscape models. I would love to get my hands on a different model base. Or, maybe I could just paint the bases and get rid of that ugly sticker. Anyone know where I can pick up more bases of that same size and shape?

Okay, make that only one extra question.

Thanks.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 12:02 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker
Re: Custom Made Custom Cards

Card re-designs are usually found in the "Other Customization & HS Additions" forum:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...splay.php?f=21

-----

Here's the one you should look at first:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=7346
"Trading Card sized cards - Updated 11-17-2009"
by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher

Raudulfr's set prints easy (9 to a page), sleeves easy, and is complete through Wave 10.

-----

Another nice-looking design:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=25985
"Introducing new playing-card size cards"
by grithog

I'm not sure how complete grithog's set is.

----

I know there have been other card re-workings but I don't know of any other sets that include all or nearly all the cards.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 12:19 PM

Okay, the last one is great. It's nice to see the community has a stronger design sense than those at Hasbro. However, I guess the original cards do have a kid-friendly appeal, which was the intention I imagine.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 12:22 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Clock View Post
Okay, the last one is great. It's nice to see the community has a stronger design sense than those at Hasbro. However, I guess the original cards do have a kid-friendly appeal, which was the intention I imagine.
Actually, they were design to fit in the bottom of a 7 hex terrain piece as the original intent was for expansion sets to be packaged with a 7 hex-er.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 12:37 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Actually, they were design to fit in the bottom of a 7 hex terrain piece as the original intent was for expansion sets to be packaged with a 7 hex-er.
Interesting!

Quote:
Broken Clock: most of us including myself think the original cards are well-designed; many of us think the hex design is part of the game's overall charm; and some of us just use the alternate cards for practical reasons - table space primarily - but also in the playing card size they can be thumbed through quicker and they can even be shuffled or drawn from.

The aesthetics of the game are important to me, but even more, the gameplay is why I'm a fan. I think you'll find that's pretty common around here. Heroscape is not just a pretty-pieces hobby, it's got rewardingly deep and compelling game play.

Welcome, and enjoy!
Old December 23rd, 2009, 12:39 PM

A few questions about the last card type.

What is the purpose of different colour cards? What are they based on?

What's the symbol at the top right of each card? Is it just a generic symbol that is unique for a unit or is it significant to gameplay or organization?

Do you really need that red shape with the green dot?
Old December 23rd, 2009, 12:47 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
A few questions about the last card type.

What is the purpose of different colour cards? What are they based on?

What's the symbol at the top right of each card? Is it just a generic symbol that is unique for a unit or is it significant to gameplay or organization?

Do you really need that red shape with the green dot?
The Red Shape with the green dot indicates what part of the figure can be targeted and where you determine Line of Sight from. Both are important to the game and are not always obvious (Zombies, for instance, can only be Targeted to their heads). If you are super familiar with the game/units/mechanics, you may be able to forgo them, but I would not recommend it for someone who has only begun.

The colors/Icons relate to the General's Factions. They are not inherently important in game mechanics, but can be used in army contruction if you wish to do so.

Red = Utgar
Green = Ullar
Blue = Jandar
Purple = Einar
Yellow = Aquilla
Gray = Vydar
Old December 23rd, 2009, 12:52 PM

Cool thanks
Old December 28th, 2009, 05:51 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

[quote=Cavalier;979337]
Quote:

The colors/Icons relate to the General's Factions. They are not inherently important in game mechanics, but can be used in army contruction if you wish to do so.

Red = Utgar
Green = Ullar
Blue = Jandar
Purple = Einar
Yellow = Aquilla
Gray = Vydar

The generals can come into play on some Army Cards which may state something in the special abilities like: if attacking Utgar get one additional attack die or you may see you may take a turn with a Einar Warlord
Old December 28th, 2009, 07:03 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

The main appeal of the shape of the cards, for me, is that all of the information on the cards needs to be visible at all times. If they were straight squares or rectangles (or whatever else), they would almost certainly line up side to side and up and down. But to fit all the info on a different shape, they would have to either be very large, or smaller but very light on visual detail.

I speak for most, I'm sure, when I say the visual detail and larger text size is appealing. So if the card got smaller (and plainer), that's bad. If it got bigger, that's bad because they're already fairly large. The way they are allows them to have all the info and all the design- yet still fit together like a puzzle.. both with eachother and the actual gameboard itself. This makes them take up much less real estate on your table than having them purely side-by-side.

I personally think it's a genious design.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old December 31st, 2009, 05:09 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

if you like new bases, my suggestion is this:
take your extra people(i'd start with single hexers)off their base, take off the sticker and practice you hand at painting.
Super glue figure afterward.
Old January 1st, 2010, 01:02 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

Bases haven't been mentioned much other than the post above, but you could buy bases to fit many sizes from Games Workshop (a little expensive), Gale Force 9, or Litko Aerosystems (extremely cheap if buying in large quantities). If you intendo to flock your bases, I would recommend buying 1 1/2" wooden nickels from a craft store to place in the ladders. The ladders tend to have a tight fit and will scrape off the flock and sand.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards