Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old December 9th, 2018, 09:23 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - TMNT

Always fascinated to see Squad takes on stuff like this. I've done them as Heroes, but haven't attempted the squad version yet myself. Seems like a really well-rounded power set. I would've thought they'd be more like 170, but that's just eyeballing it. Interesting that they're "Savage". I would maybe reword Ninjutsu, "When a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle attacks with his Ninjutsu Special Attack, he may attack 1 additional time. If the second attack is against the same figure as the first, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled for each skull rolled for the first attack." Slightly shorter, and avoids the unconventional use of "X equals..."

I've got to look into using templates with the GIMP soon myself, since I'm not using Photoshop enough currently to justify the yearly cost.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 12th, 2018, 12:45 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I recently found out about an online image editor that can open and save .psd files:

It's called Photopea, and is very good, from what I can tell.
Old December 14th, 2018, 10:57 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Always fascinated to see Squad takes on stuff like this. I've done them as Heroes, but haven't attempted the squad version yet myself. Seems like a really well-rounded power set. I would've thought they'd be more like 170, but that's just eyeballing it. Interesting that they're "Savage". I would maybe reword Ninjutsu, "When a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle attacks with his Ninjutsu Special Attack, he may attack 1 additional time. If the second attack is against the same figure as the first, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled for each skull rolled for the first attack." Slightly shorter, and avoids the unconventional use of "X equals..."

I've got to look into using templates with the GIMP soon myself, since I'm not using Photoshop enough currently to justify the yearly cost.
Wait, I'm getting pinged every year for having Photoshop??

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old December 14th, 2018, 08:04 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Well it's still working fine after cancelling the subscription, so just no updates, I suppose. Though honestly if you're worried about keeping it up-to-date, the subscription actually works out cheaper than the previous method of buying a new version every few years. I appreciate the tip on Photopea, @superfrog . I might check it out anyway just to see how it is.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; December 14th, 2018 at 08:06 PM. Reason: hey, someone fixed tagging with alternate fonts!
Old December 16th, 2018, 12:37 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Thanks to @superfrog awesome link I was able to create the TMNT for you Matt.

The images for the figures was pretty crappy. Blurry & low-res so I didn't do much with them. It was a hard task just trimming them. :/ But if you ever get photos I can certainly improve them for you.
Old December 16th, 2018, 11:01 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:

Wait, I'm getting pinged every year for having Photoshop??
Quote:
Well it's still working fine after cancelling the subscription, so just no updates, I suppose. Though honestly if you're worried about keeping it up-to-date, the subscription actually works out cheaper than the previous method of buying a new version every few years. I appreciate the tip on Photopea, @superfrog . I might check it out anyway just to see how it is.
That's why I never upgraded from CS6 I still use it without issues. There was a time when they tried to break it with an update but I did some Google searching an found out how to kill the update process for the old versions and haven't had an issue since.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 16th, 2018, 11:04 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Thanks to @superfrog awesome link I was able to create the TMNT for you Matt.

The images for the figures was pretty crappy. Blurry & low-res so I didn't do much with them. It was a hard task just trimming them. :/ But if you ever get photos I can certainly improve them for you.
Wow that card looks amazing. The coloring is perfect and you did a lot with the figures pics considering the quality of photos you started with.

I did the best I could with pics and put them in the Gallery here if you search TMNT they should come right up.

With that said, I don't want to see you do extra work. I can live with the blurry images as is but if you think it's worth the effort, maybe those pics will work better.

Did I mention that the card looks stellar? So super frog's link works real well. That makes me happy. Does it allow you to edit old cards? Or do you not have the layer files saved that would make that possible? I have some edits I've been building up but don't want to push it if the effort is crazy.

Thanks again for the crazy good card. Now the boys can fight over something better than a scribbled page of notes.
Old December 16th, 2018, 11:13 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Interesting that they're "Savage". I would maybe reword Ninjutsu, "When a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle attacks with his Ninjutsu Special Attack, he may attack 1 additional time. If the second attack is against the same figure as the first, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled for each skull rolled for the first attack." Slightly shorter, and avoids the unconventional use of "X equals..."

Believe it or not, The use of "X equals... " is not completely unconventional. I think it started on one of the flag bearers (Sir Gilbert maybe) but may have been used again afterwards. I'm not a huge fan of it myself but it does get to the point and works as clear instruction. Well, now that my kids are at or beyond the algebra age.

As for "savage", I was looking for one word that could describe them all without looking at the personalities that developed in the crayola version of the turtles. Is till remember the very first issue and my friend suggesting I invest in a couple of copies before the first printing ran out. I laughed and ultimately he knew better than me. Who knew.

Anyway, I see the red mask wearing, black and white version of the turtles as brutal street ninjas. The inspiration for "savage" came from here:

I thought that this panel really demonstrated my vision of them on a superhero-scape battlefield.
Old December 16th, 2018, 11:41 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Quote:
Interesting that they're "Savage". I would maybe reword Ninjutsu, "When a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle attacks with his Ninjutsu Special Attack, he may attack 1 additional time. If the second attack is against the same figure as the first, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled for each skull rolled for the first attack." Slightly shorter, and avoids the unconventional use of "X equals..."

Believe it or not, The use of "X equals... " is not completely unconventional. I think it started on one of the flag bearers (Sir Gilbert maybe) but may have been used again afterwards. I'm not a huge fan of it myself but it does get to the point and works as clear instruction. Well, now that my kids are at or beyond the algebra age.

As for "savage", I was looking for one word that could describe them all without looking at the personalities that developed in the crayola version of the turtles. Is till remember the very first issue and my friend suggesting I invest in a couple of copies before the first printing ran out. I laughed and ultimately he knew better than me. Who knew.

Anyway, I see the red mask wearing, black and white version of the turtles as brutal street ninjas. The inspiration for "savage" came from here:

I thought that this panel really demonstrated my vision of them on a superhero-scape battlefield.
May be oversimplified, but what about "Tricky" ?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old December 17th, 2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Believe it or not, The use of "X equals... " is not completely unconventional. I think it started on one of the flag bearers (Sir Gilbert maybe)

The inspiration for "savage" came from here:

I didn't think Sir Gilbert was worded that way, but you're right, good call!

And cool lesson on "savage". I've only ever seen TV and movie turtles, so I figured there was a reason in the comics somewhere.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 17th, 2018, 08:01 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, the original comics are much grittier.
Old December 17th, 2018, 08:32 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
With that said, I don't want to see you do extra work. I can live with the blurry images as is but if you think it's worth the effort, maybe those pics will work better.
I will have a look after Christmas then.
Quote:
Did I mention that the card looks stellar? So super frog's link works real well. That makes me happy. Does it allow you to edit old cards? Or do you not have the layer files saved that would make that possible? I have some edits I've been building up but don't want to push it if the effort is crazy.
Yep it worked surprisingly well (so make sure you +rep superfrog). It's a fair bit slower & there are a few little discrepancies. The biggest pain is that I have to load the fonts each time I go open it again. So if you have a few edits it will be better to do them all at the same time. Hit me up in the new year & I'll get them done for you. Text Leading is a bit of a pain & takes a bit of playing with. The whole text sizing is different so I have to go with what looks right. But hey it's better than what I had.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations