Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 12th, 2006, 02:40 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
That is frickin' sweet.

But why wait for the wound until the end of a round? Perhaps

in addition to causing a wound add a decomposition marker?

Are the markers are stackable?
It wouldn't do any good because they get the wound at the end of the round if there are any Decomposition Markers. That's the trick that lets me get away with the double attack power. Their attack is only 2, but they get to try twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Perhaps they're too cheap? Marrdens are 90 with a defense of 5 and a chancy high movement at that. These Kuang-Shiv are a lot like the Wulsinu only the special ability is delayed.

Cool stuff, Doc and you probably know how much I loooooove zombies.
Thanks, I kept them cheap cause their attack is weak. However, the hurt goes on even after they are dead. Maybe I need to say that on the card? That even if there are no Kuang - Shi on the battlefield that the decomposition markers still cause damage?

I was pricing them compared to the Samurai and the Monks.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old June 12th, 2006, 12:49 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
If I understand this correctly, each zombie can only cause one wound per round on any given fig. With a max of 6 wounds (one on each of 6 figs) per round, if you are lucky.

My question: Do the decomp markers stay on unique heroes with more than one life or do you remove the decomp marker at the end of the round?

Also, I would put in "If Kuang-Shi would cause one or more wounds, ...". Perhaps a max of 1 decomp marker should be mentioned too. That's assuming I understood it correctly.

Shiny!

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old June 12th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The way I read it a figure with any number of Decomp markers takes one wound? Correct?

I like these guys, BTW. Very nice.
Old June 12th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
The way I read it a figure with any number of Decomp markers takes one wound? Correct?

I like these guys, BTW. Very nice.
Nether has it correct.

Yes I could say, "If Kuang-Shi would cause one or more wounds" but I thought it was wordy already. I will change this if necessary.

There could be more than 1 Decomposition marker on a card, but it still only takes 1 wound at the end of the round.

Yes, if you got really lucky and your opponent put that many figures adjacent to the Ghouls, you could put on 6 markers per turn. I don't see this happening very often, but it could.

ChaosChild said, "If I understand this correctly, each zombie can only cause one wound per round on any given fig. With a max of 6 wounds (one on each of 6 figs) per round, if you are lucky."

This isn't exacty how this works. Each figure can only place 2 markers per turn. Each figure with one or more Decomp marker takes 1 wound at the end of the round.

If given all your order markers I suppose that theoretically 18 Decomposition markers could be placed.

Yes, the Decomposition markers stay on the cards and cause damage at the end of every round thereafter, even if there are no Ghouls on the battlefield.

Do I need to say that specifically on the card?

Old June 12th, 2006, 01:30 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
So, I forgot 2 order markers, oops.

No, I don't think you need to say that specifically but, I would go with "At the end of each round...". That way there is no confusion about recieving a wound if the Kuang-Shi were not activated this round.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old June 12th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
Nether has it correct.

Yes I could say, "If Kuang-Shi would cause one or more wounds" but I thought it was wordy already. I will change this if necessary.

Yes, the Decomposition markers stay on the cards and cause damage at the end of every round thereafter, even if there are no Ghouls on the battlefield.

Do I need to say that specifically on the card?
That is how I read it, I like the decomposition idea, I'm always up for something that continually effects an enemy, whether it be Poison or Decomposing Flesh, Great Stuff Doc.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old June 12th, 2006, 02:05 PM

daevablacc has disabled reputation
I love the decomposing zombies. A very fun alternative to traditional damage. I do wonder if they might be a tad cheap compared to the Izumi (IS). They are common (better than the IS), a step slower (worse than the IS), 2x attack (better than the IS), no counterstrike (worse than the IS), with decay (probably a wash vs. traditional damage). What about 65 or 70 points?

Once again. I love the gross zombies.
Old June 12th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Doc, I love the use of Chinese in these cards, both of those models do have a quite Asian slant to their sculptures. Way to harness that.

The decomposition ability is creative, and I like it. I think you could add the text that people are wanting in the card without it getting too wordy.

Lei-Gong is hella cool. IAt first glance, I thought he was a tad overcosted, but after looking at it again, I think hes pretty well costed. I think his base attack could be at least 2, if not 3, because after he takes 2 or 3 wounds, I think Death of 6 Souls loses a good bit of its gusto.

Could Big Trouble in Little China customs be far behind? Ha, Big Trouble in Little China...

Seriously, though, cool stuff.

smallboxgames.com
Old June 12th, 2006, 05:00 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
you should give them more than 2 attack, since they have a cap of only 1 wound per round (which is a HUGE limitation, BTW).

I'd be hesitant to put an order marker on these guys as written, since they have such little chance of succeeding at an attack, and if they do, it's only going to do 1 damage at best.

See, to get a squad into range of multiple enemies, it many times takes MANY order markers - each one of those is a drain on your forces.
They should have higher-than-normal attack (1 or 2 dice more than their point cost would suggest) becausee of their built-in buffer/cap.

Great idea, and great thematic connection to the characters and figure choice.
These are the kinds of customs that really add to the customs milleu (sp?).

edit - oh yeah, justjohn ... I think someone posted a Jack Burton fig that's coming out from some mini company soon. What line was he going to appear in? (look in the "miniatures from other games suitable for HS" thread.)
Old June 12th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bowie
My Little China Ghoul
I'm liking these guys but there are some things that are niggling me. So if you surround a hero with these guys and happen to score a wound, you don't get to score the wound til the end of the round? Just one wound? even though you may have successfully attacked with numerous ghouls? This ability works on Soulborgs? I'm trying to wrap my head around their ability here.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
I'm liking these guys but there are some things that are niggling me. So if you surround a hero with these guys and happen to score a wound, you don't get to score the wound til the end of the round? Just one wound? even though you may have successfully attacked with numerous ghouls? This ability works on Soulborgs? I'm trying to wrap my head around their ability here.
I could change this so the figure gets 1 wound for each Decomposition Marker, and I'm surprised that no one has yet to bust me on Common Squads and how to deal the 1 wound to them. I just figured it would be the one that got attacked, but HS doesn't keep track of that very well.

I like this idea, but it still needs a serious think.

Reaper thought that the attack was too low and others think the points are too low. I kept the attack low and gave them a double attack in order to increase the chance of them getting the markers on the enemy... If I raise the attack, do I dare keep the double attack?

Since the pain keep coming even after the Ghouls are dead, I didn't want to make them rediculous.

Here is a newer, more verbose version of the Ghouls taking many notes into account.

Old June 13th, 2006, 12:56 AM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
Lots of different option with how to finalize these guys. I have my prefered idea, but they are your unit.

What about making them unique? No common figure to date uses markers (because nobody wants to mess with 10 billion markers).
(if you did this, I'd bump their defense back up, and remove the insta-squad wound, for all 60 points.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards