Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:52 AM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Knights of the Daystorm - custom 5-dungeon campaign - 75

I think you should add the total terrain requirements to each dungeon. Also, the maximum amout of Knights you can have is 450 points and six spaces right and how do you recruit figures?

EDIT: where are the riddles for Runa's room?
Old January 2nd, 2010, 02:21 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
I think you should add the total terrain requirements to each dungeon. Also, the maximum amout of Knights you can have is 450 points and six spaces right and how do you recruit figures?

EDIT: where are the riddles for Runa's room?
All good points.

1 - Each dungeon will require 1-3 of several sets. I tried to limit myself to 1 MS and 2-3 expansions total but then I went crazy. You're basically going to need at least 1 of every set to date to do it as written. If you don't have this, no big deal, just substitute in terrain you do have.

2 - You start by being able to recruit up to 6 'Knights' (Unique Heroes) from Earth. After each dungeon, you're able to recruit more to fill any recent openings (and you will have openings, I assure you ) After testing, I've come realize I need to account for double-spaced figures and so I'm going to change the wording to "you may recruit up to 450 points and 6 starting spaces worth of Unique Heroes from Earth".

3- Right. Sorry. I need to get those. For now, try the intarwebs.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 09:15 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

How have your heroes been doing against the enemies in each room during testing? I started testing a 4-room dungeon yesterday, and 550 points of heroes (Carr, Awa, Drake RotV, Crixus and Guilty) couldn't take down one squad of Protectors (first room), one squad of Imperium (second room) and one squad of Sentinels (3rd room). They made it to the 3rd room with only a 3-wound Crixus on their best run. I had to take the Imperium out because they were too strong, and replaced them with Dzu-teh. Then the heroes got through all 3 rooms, but only had Crixus with one life and Guilty with one life, who were brutally slaughtered by the boss.

I guess I couldn't believe how easy each room has to be in order to give the heroes a chance through it, and I had 550 points instead of 450. How have yours done?

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:49 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The great irony is that squads are king in HEROscape, remember, so particularly strong, mobile squads can be lethal to your heroes. No matter how good they are they're only attcking once (maybe twice) per turn.

SO that being said I try to help the heroes out a bit when making rooms with strong squads, and I don't use more than 2 until they get Advanced.
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:59 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker

Velenne, I'm following this w/ intent...

I noticed in the Fire pdf you mention the riddles...

Have you thought of those sample ones yet?...just curious.

Great setups
Old January 6th, 2010, 07:01 PM

After some playtesting, I've made some changes to the Earth Dungeon.

Version Notes
Beta
  • Clarified rules for Room 1
  • Slightly modified Room 2 so the Trolls can gain height advantage on a Knight claiming the Vorpal Sword.
  • Rebuilt Room 3 so the Deepwyrm Drow cannot attack the Knights on the first turn.
  • Modified Room 4 so Othkurik can't keep the whole central perch against a single Knight of Height 4 or less.
  • Changed the trap table in Room 4 so the "nicer" traps are higher, and the meaner traps are lower. This is more consistent with existing rules.
  • Rearranged footprint of entire dungeon to be a bit more manageable.

Last edited by Velenne; January 6th, 2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: I'm getting some riddles I promise! Good riddles are hard to come by.
Old January 6th, 2010, 07:32 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Well, with your changing of the trap's die rolls, you forgot to change the instructions to Subtract 2 from your die roll if advanced.

Edit: Just noticed that each room in each dungeon only contain six starting spaces. This could be a potential problem, because if you go to the Air Dungeon first, lose one hero, and then recruit Major Q10, your army would take up seven starting spaces.

Last edited by Fedex worker; January 6th, 2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old January 6th, 2010, 08:30 PM

Good catch, Fedex. Thank you! I'll note that change for the next version.

I'm changing the drafting rules to allow for up to 6 spaces worth of figures, instead of 6 figures. There's also at least one room (in the water dungeon) where double-spaced figures can't start, so I need to change that too. The rules change will be in the next update of the player's guide which I hope will be soon.
Old January 6th, 2010, 11:23 PM

Once I play the Fire Dungeon a few more times and can make some changes to the file, I'll reupload it again. But for now, here are Runa's Riddles:

Spoiler Alert!
Old January 8th, 2010, 02:45 PM

Re: Knights of the Daystorm - custom 5-dungeon campaign - 80

Hope to get games in on the Fire Dungeon this weekend. I created Ancient Artifact glyph cards for each of the four Keys, much like the one used in the HSers exclusive scenario. They look AMAZING if I do say so myself (and I hope you'll agree when you see them) but I'm afraid you'll have to wait until the final campaign book. I'm sure I'll need to tweak the Key's powers at some point and I wouldn't want you to waste all that printer ink.

Side note:

So I played the Earth dungeon this week and for the sake of playtesting took along a party that had finished the Water dungeon and thus had access to heroes from Feylund. I brought Migol and Syvarris (with a Ring of Protection +2) along with Kaemon Awa (with the Amulet of Health), Valguard (with the Water Key), and Isamu.

That third room was rough. I gained a whole new appreciation for how quickly a focused team of Deepwyrm Drow can bring down a hero!! (Suffice to say the room was tweaked later.) I did manage use both of the Water Key's abilities in this dungeon, as well as transfer items strategically between characters. At one point, Isamu had the Ring and the Amulet, giving him 3 life and 3 defense! Along with Vanish 9, that's one scary ninja!
Old January 8th, 2010, 05:36 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Yeah - those squads with hero-killing abilities can really wreak some havoc.

I'm using a squad of Protectors in one of my dungeons - brutal. And I had to completely scrap the Einar Imperium - just too strong.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 10th, 2010, 11:15 AM

You're right, kc. When I get to the Fire Dungeon, I have a feeling I'm going to need to redo that room with the Minions.

Speaking of playing, my family and I are in the process of moving (this is a great thing!) so I don't know how much Scape I'm going to get in for the next few weeks. The opening play was to requisition my gaming area for storing packed boxes and my Heroscape "Tower" (the monolith of drawers which hold my terrain and armies) was relocated to a closet.

That means I'll be depending on all of YOU reading this thread to try some games out and let me know what you think!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios