Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:00 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
D&D Scape: Clues revealed? Drow common? Dwarf Hero?

Looks like Jexik knows more than he has been letting on lately. In his latest blog entry he reveals that he has played D&D scape, and one of the armies in the battle report he posted is listed with Drow x3.

Darrak Ambershard appears also to be a confirmed Dwarf Hero.

EDIT:
Blog Entry.

Quote:
Some of you may wonder why I’ve been less vocal than I used to be in the numerous speculation threads surrounding D&D Heroscape. When I do butt in, I usually say something cryptic, like, “if Wave 9 and 10 are any indicator, I expect more good stuff out of MS3, Wave 11, and Wave 12.” Now I’m breaking my silence. I don’t expect more good stuff. I know that there’ll be more good stuff, because I’ve played it. It’s a blast and a half.

Earlier this year, I was brought on to help playtest new Heroscape stuff. A lot of people are worried that the new figures won’t fit well with existing Heroscape units, or that it’s not staying true to its roots. The designers and I thought it might be cool if I gave you a taste of the kind of thing you might be expecting out of the figures you’ll find in the new master set.

Skirmish at Steam Alley

My friend “Kang” and I played an upcoming scenario which uses standard terrain- lava, jungle, swamp, and the SotM glyphs. It’s sort of like a capture the flag scenario, with the good guys trying to protect a glyph for a set number of rounds, while some Obsidian-led Utgar forces try to take it.

Here are the armies:

"Kang"
Darrak Ambershard
Erevan Sunshadow
Ana Karithos
Tandros Kreel
2x Axegrinders of Burning Forge

Jexik
Pelloth
3x Deepwyrm Drow
1x Feral Troll
1x Obsidian Guards

Kang’s forces win initiative. He opens by sending his Darrak and his Axegrinders forward to defend the glyph. Three of my Drow skulk forward. Tandros steps forward to help protect his allies, yet one dwarf was not close to him as a sneaky drow kills one Axegrinder and attempts to hide. However, Erevan Sunshadow blasts him with fire, roasting him alive... well dead.

Kang takes this brief respite as a chance to move yet more dwarves up to protect the glyph. My Drow near the edges of the map take the other glyphs, revealing common and unique attack. Tandros Kreel shows his versatility by adjusting his position and firing an arrow at an approaching Deepwyrm Drow, but unfortunately he was unable to hit him. Two more dwarves then fell to drow steel. In a flurry, Erevan Sunshadow fires off two quick bursts of flame, but only manages to seriously injure his first target. With an evil laugh, Pelloth finishes the job, killing his own warrior with a twisted incantation that causes him to explode in a cloud of spiders; in the ensuing chaos, the Axegrinder protecting the stone and Tandros each suffer injury, although Tandros rolls with the punches just fine.

Pressing his advantage, Kang attacks with his dwarves. Thanks to his newly found Axegrinder allies, Darrak manages to backstab a drow, killing him with ease, followed by more attacks from the fighters from Feylund. The Feral Troll then burst towards the glyph, but Tandros taunts the troll directing the monster’s attention to him and he easily defends the Troll’s attack. Then Ana moves forward, maintaining a spell which can aid her teammates against the forces of evil. This helps Tandros defend yet another assault from the Troll. Erevan turns his attention to the troll, burning him slightly. Pelloth uses his wand to kill yet another dwarf, this time without incurring any losses to his own forces.

Darrak Ambershard and the dwarves take advantage of the distraction that the other heroes have made with the troll and beat him soundly, within an inch of his life. Pelloth explodes yet another drow and two more dwarves. Darrak and the remaining dwarves finish off the troll before he gets a chance to regenerate.

For a few successive turns, the remaining Deepwyrm drow and Erevan kept missing each other, but eventually even more dropped. The Obsidian Guards, who had been tacitly observing the combat, unsure of their new allegiance to the drow, stepped forward, but it was too late. Pelloth had seen enough. He gathered up the remnants of his forces - just three of his original nine Drow warriors, and retreated.

The Heroes and their new allies had won. This time...

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; November 23rd, 2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:06 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
Re: D&D Scape: Drow confirmed common?

Nice data-mining nyys!

Guess I'll be emailing Sandra to up my order now . . .

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:08 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: D&D Scape: Clues revealed? Drow common? Dwarf Hero?

I just can't believe I saw it first, I'm usually last to the party with this sort of stuff.

Yep, my pre-order of six sets is a definite now.

-insert signature here-
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:12 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; November 23rd, 2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: ever since I had braces in high school, I don't eat much popcorn, but it seemed appropriate now
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:13 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:15 PM

9th Wizard?

Quote:
Pelloth finishes the job, killing his own warrior with a twisted incantation that causes him to explode in a cloud of spiders...
Quote:
Pelloth uses his wand to kill yet another dwarf, this time without incurring any losses to his own forces.

-insert signature here-
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:29 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Proving his versatility seems to mean moving on his opponent's turn. Or I'm just reading too much in the dramatization of the narrative.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:32 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Proving his versatility seems to mean moving on his opponent's turn. Or I'm just reading too much in the dramatization of the narrative.
But is that what they want you to believe?!?! Are we right in reading into it? But maybe....ARGH!

Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:35 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Well I must say I am definitely more positive about the DND master set after reading this. Try having a battle like that with Marvelscape integrated with classic 'Scaoe--not gonna work out so well. I look forward to trying out the new units myself.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:38 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
...Darrak manages to backstab a drow, killing him with ease...
I wonder if that is some kind of new power that ignores or lowers defense?
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:40 PM

DarkJawa Woo who?

any way if we can find out early if the DnD character cards will have the factions we already know on them, like Utgar? Or will they be new factions?
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:40 PM

Panopticon knows what's in an order marker Panopticon knows what's in an order marker

What I get from some of the Tandros 'clues' is that he can take attacks directed to other figures. Possibly if Tandros is adjacent to figure that's being attacked, the defending player can choose to direct the attack to Tandros who then in turn rolls defense and takes wounds. Sounds like the quintessential TANK.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News