Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old August 12th, 2007, 06:27 PM

Bl00DDeMoN has disabled reputation
If I got Su-Bak-Na, the chance is huge that these guys come along with them alongside with Ne-Gok-Sa and Me-Burg-Sa you got yourselves a great theme.

My map creations

"Bravery calls my name
In the sound of the wind in the night
My sword will drink blood
And I will fight, Yes I will fight
In the dawn of battle"
Old August 18th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
What about a combo with Marro Warriors and Thanos?

Keep spawning Marro Warriors until Thanos can return from the dead. Tried it recently, but the MW became the principle target of the game. My other figure was Ne Gok Sa because he has great staying power for the point cost.

Let me know if anyone else has had any luck with this one.

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old August 30th, 2007, 04:37 PM

Zeus Jupiter has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00DDeMoN
Thanks Revdyer, that makes there 50 points more obvious, I always thought these guys were way to overpowered.
Yeah, that "geographical limitation" does make the point cost more understandable. I love the Warriors, but they have their limits. Sometimes, when you have cloned one and aren't careful to move it, the next clone try is useless because the one level space is already filled. (Just as an example.)
That said, I still think they are the best squad in the game as far as point cost efficiency goes. i mean, 50 points for four figures who all have a range and a move of six, and a really good ability. If not the best, then at least my favorite.

Man who stand on toilet high on pot.
Old September 27th, 2007, 04:35 PM

marro_master has disabled reputation
these guys are definetly the best squad to come out of RotV, just use 3 and let one chill in a pool so he can just make a new friend to fight with.

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old September 28th, 2007, 09:56 AM

GatekeeperDatuck has disabled reputation
I have found the Marro Warriors to be more effective when all four are used together, without the 'one hide in the start zone to clone' strategy. They are probably the best medium range support unit in the game (as opposed to heavy range like the Krav and Q9). I think that mid-range support units are often the most overlooked (Gorillinators, etc.). The Marro Warriors are one of the 4, four figure ranged squads (AE, 4th Mass., Ashigaru Harquebus). They have more move and defense than the other squads, with a similar attack value. In fact, their strike range is essentially greater than those other four figure squads (because the AE can't move well, and if the others move they don't attack so well). I use the Marros to grab glyphs and fight on the fringe, leaving the heavy work to units like the Krav. When used in this way, they don't often get targeted by enemy units. They have enough move and range to be able to do damage to your opponent's little units, while staying out of danger themselves. I think that having one stay back reduces their effectiveness in this regard. Anyway, just my long rambling 2 cents.
Old September 29th, 2007, 01:54 PM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER
my friend likes the Marro figures.
I should show him this book

it's only fair, since I read the Deathwalker books
Most people love the Marro Warriors. They're my best friends. I use them very very often when I'm not using Sotm marros.
he likes 'em all. Ne-gok-sa, Su-bak-na, Tor-kul-na, warriors, drudge, stingers, you name it.
Old October 9th, 2007, 01:30 AM

thedanielshow has disabled reputation
I'm assuming the answer is yes, but does swamp water count for the die roll enhancement for water clone?
Old October 9th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedanielshow
I'm assuming the answer is yes, but does swamp water count for the die roll enhancement for water clone?
Yeah, page 14 in the SotM rulebook!

Swamp water is a type of water: A swamp water space is a type of water
space. Any special power that applies to a figure on a water space will also work on a swamp space.
For example, a Microcorp Agent's Water Suit special power would work in swamp water.
Old October 9th, 2007, 05:33 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Is it the other way around though? Can a water space count as a swamp water space? Probably not... right?

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old October 9th, 2007, 01:51 PM

Akkarin Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight
Is it the other way around though? Can a water space count as a swamp water space? Probably not... right?
Right, water does not count as swamp water. Swamp water is a kind of water, but water is not a kind of swamp water.
(aka: the swamp water tunneling of the drudge does no work with plain water)
Old November 9th, 2007, 02:44 AM

seedo has disabled reputation
What's with you people????

I logged on and created an account on this site JUST FOR THIS WORD OF ADVICE!!!

Marro are REALLY over-powered!
Just run one off and they will all come back without water, They move 6 so getting them on hight is easy, and most units with that much range and def and 4 yes 4 guys cost 100 points!
We tryed Marro against every other kind of guy they could break and run
for ever with 6 movent. We tested them many times they killed CHAROS(Big 210 point dragon) And cloned back to full force.
Should we be asking if these guys should at least cost 100.
Old November 9th, 2007, 04:22 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Once they took out an 800 point army and once they all died from an explosion, anything is possible!

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units