Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old September 16th, 2008, 04:45 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: Better Posting and You Revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron3090 View Post
Or better yet, as Strong Bad puts it:
Oh, if it is possessive, it's just i-t-s/
but if it is a contraction, it's i-t-apostrophe-s/
scallawag.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:27 PM

ron3090 Woo who?

http://www.hrwiki.org/mirror/sb_itsits.mp3

Thar ye go, matey.

EDIT: Actually, the end of that email has several good-grammar tips. You just have to find the Easter egg.
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail89.html

ron3090 is 'Shotgun' Sullivan...
in the ECRU CAVE...
Old September 30th, 2008, 05:32 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Part 4: Using the Search Button.

Non-search-button users run rampant across this board. An example thread could be:

You want to make a topic about the best video game ever. You don't search it, and post it anyway. Even though the previous thread about this topic was 3 months ago, it's still dominant over yours because it was made first. Maybe use the search button and post on that thread, try to keep it alive. As long as your posting something that might attain to the subject in the first Video Game thread, you should perhaps check with a mod.

However, if the other topic that is similair to your own, has not been posted on for over 4 months, then it's OK to post your thread, perhaps noting the other thread but saying it hasn't been posted in for awhile so you thought it was worthwhile to post another.

Part 5: Threads That Are Worth Something

When considering making a thread, do these 3 things:

1) Check to see if the same thread was made before.
Use the search button. If something comes up to the thread that you were going to post, then use the rules in Chapter 4. If not, then you have the go-ahead. But...

2) Don't post something stupid.
On another forum I frequent, there was an example of this. The title of the thread was "Water/Phones". As I read the opening post, I saw nothing that interested me or anyone else on the board. It simply stated that he had dropped his phone in the water. He wasn't asking a question about it, he was just stating it. How stupid is that? Just, be aware when you post that people don't care unless your actually making a legit question or statement that will give people legit information instead of spamming. [See: Part 6.] And...

3) Use good puncuation in your titles!
Just like Parts 1, 2, and 3. But the title of your thread really gives off the entire essence of the thread. Stupid name = stupid thread to most people, which leads to less respect to you and less posts on your thread.

Part 6: SPAM and Going Off Topic

Don't spam, people. As mentioned in Part 5, threads like "Cheese" are considered spam and will be deleted. Well, same thing goes for posts. It all just makes the moderators/Administrators jobs harder than it already is. If your spamming constantly to rack up your post count, then it's all going to be deleted anyway, and maybe your account with it.

Going off topic is very easy to do, and we all do it. To lessen the amount of threads hi-jacked, consider asking a moderator/administrator to move all the posts not pertaining to the thread's original intent to a SPERATE thread, as long as the posts after the topic change are not spam. If they are spam, then consider asking a moderator or Admin to delete the extra blubber.

Part 7: Finally, Be Nice

Just be nice. Don't be rude, don't try and offend anyone. Sure, debates are OK but don't let them get out of hand. Note that we're all humans here, and although we might not have the same views, we all share a love for heroscape.

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old December 8th, 2008, 12:06 PM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart

Excellent addition to the thread wk4c I'm going to add your part to the front of the thread, if that is a problem let me know.

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old December 8th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Very good additions. !

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old December 8th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

And timely. <laughing and laughing, not at wk4c>
Old December 8th, 2008, 06:04 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

Good thread, I think I'll start recommending it to noobs who don't use proper English with the Site rules thread I usually recommend.

PS: When did K/H Addict get back? I thought he was banned.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online