Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old November 28th, 2022, 11:00 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: OHS Season 50 - Quad Pod: Four Seasons

Can you draft two pods that have the same Unique unit and drop one of the Unique units?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 28th, 2022, 11:06 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Can you draft two pods that have the same Unique unit and drop one of the Unique units?
Yes, that's the norm in OHS draft formats.
Old November 29th, 2022, 07:52 PM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker

Ryguy and I just finished our game.
I Picked the ravagers first, and Ryguy grabbed Airborne/Ninjas and Braxas. I took Heracles/Drow in response.

Round 1:
Airborne did not drop which was very good for me, Olog rushed to the nearest shadow space. I won initiative and went all in on Heracles while Ryguy went all Braxas. Turn 2 I used labors to run Heracles in. I hit a throw on a ninja, picking up the kill and my 8v3 on Braxas dealt 3 wounds. Braxas swiveled to height and missed an acid attempt on Heracles. I ran Heracles onto even ground and dealt 2 more wounds. Braxas ended the round with a huge 19 to kill Heracles.

Round 2:
The Airborne did not drop this round and we spent the whole round positioning. I tried to make it so I could retaliate if Braxas began aciding my ravagers so Ryguy waited until turn 3 to run in picking up 2 kills on ravagers. She was positioned on the 3 height swamp on the left of my start zone.

Round 3:
The Airborne drop this round and Ryguy deploys 3 to the stone area behind Braxas and one to the top right corner of the map. I win a very important initiative and take 3 low ground attacks on Braxas, hoping to get a kill as this would allow Olog to run and engage an airborne. Unfortunately for me, Braxas survived the onslaught with 1 life left. The Airborne then focused fire on Olog who soaked 3 attacks before going down which helped a lot and then a ravager hid in the swamp to dodge the last airborne attack. Turn 2 I run a ravager onto the 4 height next to Braxas and sneak another up top to engage the airborne on the right side from low ground. Somehow, Braxas survived two more attacks, thanks in no part to a 0/5 from my high ground attack. I did get the kill on the airborne however. Ryguy took another 3 attacks on ravagers killing 2 of them. Turn 3 I am expecting to kill Braxas with another 5v3 so I grab both glyphs and attack Braxas. 1/5 met by 1/3 meant the big black dragon lives on. Ryguy killed my ravager on dagmar but then rolled 2 0/4s for his next two attacks.

Round 4:
I used zawit to teleport a ravager into the swamp water behind the airborne, hoping to flank them. Ryguy finally wins initiative but all of his attacks were either blocked or dodged. At this point I was confident Braxas couldn't block two more 4v4s and instead of attacking from height, I developed another ravager and attacked from low ground while the teleporting ravager engaged an Airborne. Defying my expectations, Braxas again blocked my attacks and survived. I was able to take out another Airborne however which was important. Ryguy shot another ravager for his turn, my next turn, I was determined to kill Braxas and took my high ground attack and another low ground attack while my ravager that had killed 2 airborne went for a third. I finally felled the dragon but the Airborne blocked the ravagers assault. Ryguy killed one more ravager and on my turn 3 I grabbed dagmar and killed another Airborne.

Round 5:
Going into round 5 it was 2 ninjas and an airborne gong against about 5/6 ravagers and the drow chainfighter. I won initiative and killed the last airborne. Ryguy developed the ninjas on his turn 1 and on my turn 2 I killed a ninja putting Ryguy in a tough spot. We spent the rest of the round and all of round 6 trying to kill each other. While my defense power was stellar against the airborne this last ninja was determined and brought me down to 2 ravagers.

Round 7:
This round began with a ninja killing a ravager putting me to 2 left, I attacked back but the ninja vanished and headed towards my sleeping Drow. Turn 3 the ninja took high ground on the drow but a lousy 1/5 was blocked by the drow who actually had an OM and turned around and finished the ninja off.

GG Ryguy!! That was a close game!! Lots of crazy things going on!
Old December 1st, 2022, 05:26 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: And... Here... We... Go...

Quote:
The chris perkins v. guild_warrior pool of armies is:
(1) Bol, Moltenclaw, Deathreavers
Kozuke Samurai, Nakita Agents
(2) Arktos, Marcu Esenwein, Varkaanan Greyspears

Samuel Brown, 4th Massachusetts Linex2, Dumutef Guard (drop 1)
Arktos, Marcu Esenwein, Varkaanan Greyspears
(3) Brunak, Isamu, Iron Golem

(4) Durgeth Ravagers x4, Olog
*Marro Drudge x3, Re-Tak-Shi
chris perkins chooses to pick first or second. After armies are picked, guild_warrior chooses who places first.
Starting @ 6:30 PM EST

-------------------------------

Edit: I got the win behind a strong showing from the Ravagers.

Battle Report

Last edited by Chris Perkins; December 1st, 2022 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Game Result
Old December 1st, 2022, 06:49 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Round 1 is on Trouble Once Lurked Beneath.

In addition to your pods, you can also select
*Durgeth Ravagers x4, Olog

The thrasherdarkrai v. superfrog pool of armies is:
* Mohican River Tribex3
* Guilty McCreech, Dreadgul Raidersx3 (drop 1)
* Isamu, Black Wyrmlingx3, Red Wyrmlingx2, White Wyrmlingx2

* Kuthnak, Heavy Grutsx2
* Me-Burq-Sa, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider, Death Chasers of Theskx2
* Pel the Hill Giant, Dreadgul Raidersx2

thrasherdarkrai chooses to pick first or second. After armies are picked, superfrog chooses who places first.
Superfrog and I are going at it in around an hour (i.e. 8:00 PM EST). I'm using Dreadguls x3 (drop one), Guilty, Isamu, and the Wyrmlings against Superfrog's army of Dreadguls x2, Pel, Drudge x3, and Re-Tak-Shi.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old December 1st, 2022, 08:25 PM

Re: OHS Season 50 - Quad Pod: Four Seasons - Round 1 by 12/6

The OP still has the sign-up link instead of the report game link; can one of the mods switch it?
Old December 1st, 2022, 10:24 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherDarkrai View Post
Quote:
Round 1 is on Trouble Once Lurked Beneath.

In addition to your pods, you can also select
*Durgeth Ravagers x4, Olog

The thrasherdarkrai v. superfrog pool of armies is:
* Mohican River Tribex3
* Guilty McCreech, Dreadgul Raidersx3 (drop 1)
* Isamu, Black Wyrmlingx3, Red Wyrmlingx2, White Wyrmlingx2

* Kuthnak, Heavy Grutsx2
* Me-Burq-Sa, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider, Death Chasers of Theskx2
* Pel the Hill Giant, Dreadgul Raidersx2

thrasherdarkrai chooses to pick first or second. After armies are picked, superfrog chooses who places first.
Superfrog and I are going at it in around an hour (i.e. 8:00 PM EST). I'm using Dreadguls x3 (drop one), Guilty, Isamu, and the Wyrmlings against Superfrog's army of Dreadguls x2, Pel, Drudge x3, and Re-Tak-Shi.
After an intense game featuring the most Berserker Charges I've ever seen in a single Heroscape match, I managed to win with a 1-life Guilty, 2 Dreadguls, and Isamu remaining. Initially, his Drudge battled my Wyrmlings along the left side of the map, with the latter using their flight to quickly reinforce their fallen brethren by leapfrogging up the hill. Ultimately, however, the Wyrmlings effectively lost the bout by the end of Round 2 (in no small part due to the fact that a poor opening move on my part allowed superfrog to fell a Red Wyrmling right off the bat), with superfrog coming out with two Drudge and Re-Tak-Shi with one wound.

After that is when things started getting extremely intense. Superfrog bet that Guilty would let me swing the game back in my favor if he was left alive, so he sacrificed some board development to charge my starting zone. In my view, this was absolutely the correct decision - if he managed to kill Guilty, his heroes and remaining squaddies could likely sweep up whatever Dreadguls I had left - and superfrog's gambit came incredibly close to succeeding. By the end of Round 4, superfrog - after charging a few Dreadguls across basically the entire map in a single turn - had engaged Guilty with a Dreadgul, while locking down my undeveloped Dreadguls with Re-Tak-Shi (via Emerge from Swamp) and one of his own Dreadguls; superfrog had moved his own Dreadguls so quickly that I really didn't have time to develop any of my Dreadguls past the first few I sent out. At this point, I firmly thought I was going to lose.

But that's not what happened. A fortuitous initiative roll enabled Guilty to escape (albeit with a wound from Re-Tak-Shi's disengagement swipe) and blast the two Dreadguls threatening my start zone, while my own Dreadguls (with an assist from Guilty) managed to bring down Re-Tak-Shi in time to block Pel and superfrog's remaining Dreadguls from reaching Guilty. Pel and his accompaniment brought me down to three Dreadguls, but another well-timed initiative roll enabled my Dreadguls to come out on top, leaving his two remaining Drudge in a matchup they couldn't win with Guilty still in play. It was an intense, well-played game supplemented by crazy dice rolls - the best kind of Heroscape game, in other words - complete with a truly insane amount of Berserker Charges from both myself and superfrog (though superfrog benefitted from them more overall, being the aggressor for much of the match). As stated above, I think superfrog made the right decision to bumrush Guilty; he could have easily won if things had gone just a little bit differently, and I wish him luck in his future matches!

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old December 1st, 2022, 11:47 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Dünd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
The OP still has the sign-up link instead of the report game link; can one of the mods switch it?
Updated.

~Dysole, informationally
Old December 2nd, 2022, 04:41 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

Where can we see the map specific pods for each upcoming map?

Thanks!
Old December 2nd, 2022, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
Where can we see the map specific pods for each upcoming map?

Thanks!
They're in the 'Maps' spoiler of the OP.

Doesn't have the order of the maps (that's not published, as far as I know) but it has the pods listed for each map.
Old December 2nd, 2022, 06:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

FYI, the map order is:

Trouble Once Lurked Beneath
Uncharted Jungle
Ascension
Calida
Turmoil
Battlefield 23
Forest Fire
Alpaca Trail

We randomly determine the entire order just prior to round 1 launching, so if it helps you to know the order, there it is.

Last edited by superfrog; December 3rd, 2022 at 07:08 PM. Reason: EDIT: Order was wrong, we decided to do all 4 “seasons” in the regular 4 rounds.
Old December 6th, 2022, 09:44 PM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
The grey waves v. dok pool of armies is:
Teeth of the Makwax3
Phantom Knightsx3
Horned Skull Brutesx3
Warden 816, Zettian Infantryx2
Motley Max, Otonashi, Deathreaversx2 (drop 1)
Bol, Rygarn, Specters of Aldornx2 (drop 1)
Durgeth Ravagers x4, Olog
Marro Drudge x3, Re-Tak-Shi
I got the win over dok for the first time in my life in an absolutely marathon game. The first 9 rounds were very slow - I moved up the teeth and ravagers onto the swamp hexes outside my SZ and pretty much refused to move from there, while dok developed his HSBs and nibbled around the edges of my army with the PKs. (We almost went to stalemate twice). The occasional OM I chucked on the Teeth wasn't doing a whole of damage, and dok maintained a small but notable lead up until I got a huge swing of luck in round 10. I'd lost initiative, and on my OM2 I'd moved a couple of ravagers off the swamp tiles onto the 4 and 5 height rock, picking up a kill on a PK. Dok's OM3 was on PKs, however his 3 attacks of 3 failed to kill a single ravager (including 2 attacks up on the ravager on the 5 height). This set up a crucial final turn where I was able to get 4/4 kills on the PKs/HSBs with the ravagers/Olog, and dok was left in a position where none of his remaining forces (bar 2 HSBs) would be able to engage me the following turn. Winning initiative and killing one of the HSBs on OM1 left me with a huge positional as well as numbers advantage, and I rode out my luck the rest of the game, eventually emerging victorious with 2 ravagers and 3 teeth remaining. gg dok! I certainly got lucky at some big points throughout the game, but you played it very well regardless.

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events