Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old October 27th, 2022, 12:24 PM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

At this point I think the best bet would be trying to have social media influencers get the word out but there’s an issue that unless we know someone personally who we can physically show “this is what heroscape is and this is how you play it,” I think it would be hard to entice people to back a kickstarter style project like this. If we’re lucky I think a number of the Magic the Gathering influencers might throw their voice out given a kind of shared history with hasbro/wotc and a similar kind of audience.

It feels a little depraved but we could try to get into the anti-hasbro drama circuit among Magic the Gathering players. We could also try to entice the anti-games workshop people by selling heroscape as a potential competitior backed by a company large enough to step in to the miniatures market.

I guess what I am asking is if we need to consider a larger marketing pool, and how far we want to go to make this happen. A random celebrity making this happen is basically impossible, but smaller popularity people might be reachable.
The question is, are we willing to annoy a bunch of people who will end up seeing heroscape in a negative light just to raise awareness and potentially make this fundraiser work?

Hey friends, I know that this is a time of high emotions and stress.
Take a breath, everyone here is on edge and that’s ok. It’s ok to be stressed.

Things will get better.
Have a nice day.
Old October 27th, 2022, 01:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

As someone who (controversial take) cares a lot more about the health of the community than the success of this campaign, please don't go out and be obnoxious and paint the community in a bad light just in hopes of getting this funded.

If the market isn't there, the market isn't there. If Hasbro and Avalon Hill can't sell this, they can't sell this. Let's not tear down a great community trying to make up for that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 27th, 2022, 01:28 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
As someone who (controversial take) cares a lot more about the health of the community than the success of this campaign, please don't go out and be obnoxious and paint the community in a bad light just in hopes of getting this funded.

If the market isn't there, the market isn't there. If Hasbro and Avalon Hill can't sell this, they can't sell this. Let's not tear down a great community trying to make up for that.
True. And not go into blaming others or getting so frustrated and sad that it makes you not want to play or making people feel like they have to buy 5+ sets and etc.

I almost feel like extra revealed cards and stuff is just making people feel more disappointed at this point is there no further real marketing strategy. I'm just throwing ideas out there if people are listening and basically seeing what happens at this point.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 27th, 2022, 01:31 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I hope they reveal all the cards. I'd much rather have designs to talk about than the machinations of the campaign itself.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 27th, 2022, 01:47 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I hope they reveal all the cards. I'd much rather have designs to talk about than the machinations of the campaign itself.
Yeah true, because without cards what do you really talk about otherwise regarding the campaign? It would be great if they revealed all the cards and scenarios..... I'm a proxy master lol. Can't blame me if I backed haha.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 27th, 2022, 01:47 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Tom Vassel said something like that in his stream. Basically sounded like he was getting annoyed with everyone asking him to talk about it.

That is my biggest surprise though, is that we didn't get a Watch It Played or Dice Tower videos dedicated to it, on their channels.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old October 27th, 2022, 01:53 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Well, since it only exists virtually, you can't mail it out to anyone for a try. Could it have been put up on TTS to play, like another recent game I backed (Dune War For Arrakis)? But that would have meant revealing all the cards and rules, which they don't seem to want to do.
Old October 27th, 2022, 01:54 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Getting those kinds of videos done would have taken months of lead time and demo copies of the game to ship out. That would have been great but based on how bare bones the launch page was and how cards are still going through the design and testing stages I don’t think they were that far out in front of this. They’re literally making updates as the campaign goes so that by the end they might get to where it should have been when it started.
Old October 27th, 2022, 02:02 PM
Upset City Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Well, since it only exists virtually, you can't mail it out to anyone for a try. Could it have been put up on TTS to play, like another recent game I backed (Dune War For Arrakis)? But that would have meant revealing all the cards and rules, which they don't seem to want to do.
Yeah, they want it not marketed purely for old, nostalgic players, but there really isn't much for new players to go off of besides old OG figures, paint and known abilities and fancy terrain not offered in AoA and all, and just hoping they'll get similarity cool figures off blind faith.

I dunno. Wil Wheaton would do a video in exchange for Avalon Hill gift cards, wouldn't he?

Upset City Baby.
Old October 27th, 2022, 02:03 PM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Don’t worry I’m not trying to advocate for being obnoxious, I just think it’s important that we express exactly how far we are willing to go. I don’t think we do ourselves any favors by hoping that people don’t take it too far. I think it’s important that we’re all on the same page and that as a community we decide what’s too far and what’s an acceptable level of “hey have you heard about this cool game called Heroscape?”

That said I am of the opinion that obnoxiousness works. Say what you will about notoriously obnoxious fan groups they do get the message out. I think obnoxious fans get a bed rep, but on all practical levels I think there is something to be learned from the ravenous fans of the world, and that’s that sometimes the difference between a successful brand and a non successful one is less about the quality of the product and more about the noise generated by fans.
Old October 27th, 2022, 02:16 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I’d say you do you. I’ve told my friends about it and the $250 tag is a barrier even for those that know of the game and played it before. Regardless of what a great deal it is (it really is).

I think the most effective selling tactic is seeing the game set-up in person. If a local friendly game store would let you set up a table and invite people to step up and check it out, maybe you could generate some interest.
Old October 27th, 2022, 02:18 PM

I think the more obnoxious a fanbase gets, the more likely they are to drive away existing members. I'd rather the folks I like stick around than the game be officially produced. Both would be nice, sure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion