Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old November 4th, 2016, 11:14 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: X Minus 2 Customs Card CREATOR - Preview

Could you apply the text resizing to the left box stats as well? For example, if I put in "Uncommon Hero", the O gets cut off.
Old November 5th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Will you add support for HoSS cards? I assume the answer is "eventually".

Btw, I almost posted in here multiple times, but it was just to say that Valkrill is spelled wrong in the preview. I assumed it was something obvious, so I never did it.
HoSS cards will come earlier than most since the hi-res blank by @A3n is available and the general layout is similar to others. Before AotP.

Will fix Valkrill spelling in next release. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Could you apply the text resizing to the left box stats as well? For example, if I put in "Uncommon Hero", the O gets cut off.
Yep, see #4 from the OP. The goal is for the system to eventually be basically auto-everything as much as possible. You give the text and images and it makes your card look good. I have already added this to the next preview where the tracking/letter spacing gets adjusted to make the left attributes fit. That is enough to make uncommon hero fit, but I still want to also make the system also "squeeze" the font if there is too much text placed there. I don't yet support that type of font hackery in my under-the-hood typeface manipulation code. When it can do that, it will make thing like 'uncommon hero' look another notch better than what the next preview will do.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old November 5th, 2016, 09:48 AM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

I went to print CV3/SOV cards Red Ants of wherever, xalituca fira ants and the varja and they were not in the X Minus 2 app to print. Just an fyi. Thanks!

My trade thread, now with Classic, C3V and SoV units!
All units come with cards.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51709
Old November 5th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

This is the second-coolest thing I've seen all week (I watched Game 7 of the World Series). I can't wait to get new templates! This is something I've wanted since I joined HeroScapers!
Old November 6th, 2016, 08:15 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I'm watching now. Have you worked out a way to change the colour of the border & panels for Marvelscape?
Old November 7th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I'm watching now. Have you worked out a way to change the colour of the border & panels for Marvelscape?
YES! NO! Maybe! What I mean is that that I'm working on it. Recoloring the two color regions of the hi-res Skahen card that Hasbro released is actually how I plan to make the templates for this system for Valhallascape (and appears to be how Mooseman did it in the past). I haven't put much work into that yet though. Assuming I get it working well, the exact same principle should be able to allow people to custom mix colors for both the Marvelscape cards and the classic cards.

For a not-meant-for-public-consumption look at what I mean, have a look at this page.

On the page you will see two images--the Skahen card without text on the left, and a very colorful mask image I made on the right. In the mask image:
- purple represents areas where the Skahen image need to be re-colored in one way (the border and specs area),
- blue needs recoloring in another way (inset colored areas),
- green areas are to be left alone (special power, hitzones areas, etc.), and
- black is the area that needs to be completely cut out (the miniature image area).
Make sense?

Well, on that page, I have two input boxes that let you change the hue of the two recolorable areas (border and panels). Again, as I said, not meant for public consumption, but to start with leave the values at their defaults and hit the GO button. Using the source (Skahen) image, the mask image, and the hue values entered, a recolored template image is generated (it takes several seconds, particularly on mobile). Try different hues and hit GO again and you'll get a different image. (For example, put in 0.5 for both values and you'll see that both the inner and outer parts become the same bluish-green).

So if I take a high-res Marvelscape template (most likely @GreyOwl 's since those are the best ones I know of!) and make a new mask, we can do the same sort of recoloring with them. Obviously a simple hue shift like in the demo page isn't enough to do a quality or correct recoloring, but I think you get the idea that I'm working on it!

When done, you should be able to have pretty much any color combination you want with both Marvel and classic templates.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old November 8th, 2016, 10:05 PM
Super Smurfy

Re: X Minus 2 Customs Card Creator - NEW PREVIEW

I'm pleased to announce the November preview of my web-based customs card creator app. This early preview still won't let you switch templates or load miniature images, but please have a look and let me know what you think! Expect version 1.0 to hit later this month.

NOTABLE CHANGES
- works on all major browsers
- faster card rendering
- text placement is now consistent with all browsers, OSs
- kerning is "different"--better in many spots, worse in others
- regression: editing interface not as slick. (I will try to get it as nice as before, eventually.)
- (under-the-hood: moved from DOM/SVG foreignObject layout to doing it myself)

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
If you use a reasonably recent browser on your phone, tablet, or computer, you're good-to-go. If you want tech support for this app from me, use one the two most recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, or Safari running on one of the two most recent versions of Windows(1), MacOS, Android, Ubuntu, or iOS.

KNOWN ISSUES
- Edit boxes aren't well aligned on iOS (but the generated card has perfect alignment)
- Save button doesn't work on Safari. (Workaround: hit preview and right-click save the preview image)

ROADMAP
Major additional features are planned to roll out as follows
- Version 1 (late November): All classic scape templates
- Version 2 (December): Loading graphics
- Version 3 (January): GrabCut, FTW!
- Version 4 (Feb/Mar): Marvel, other templates
- later: collections? online sharing? keywording? Help me decide!

CREDITS
I'm still using @Mooseman 's miniature background graphic. The default card text in this preview is @Ninja Status ' entry in @Dr.Goomonkey 's June custom contest.

FOOTNOTES/MISC
1) For support purposes, I'm pretending Windows 8 doesn't exist. I will support Windows 7 and 10.
2) Macs (any browser) have the most Hasbro-accurate font rendering. It's basically identical. Next is Firefox, IE, or Edge on Windows, and least accurate is Chrome on Windows. Really though, I've got them all very, very close to Hasbro with this version of the card maker. However, I think I can make even more progress in the future, eeking out that extra 1% on Windows to match Macs. (Side note: Chrome on Windows happens to render closest to C3V specs even though C3V doesn't render it's cards on Windows.)

Old November 9th, 2016, 11:00 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Looking good.
I can see that you have made a change that causes the kerning to be adjusted if the side text goes too long for the box. Though I think you might need to look at reducing the text size once kerning gets below a certain point as letters can overlap at the moment. e.g. LYCANTHORPE for the species.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (103.7 KB, 185 views)
Old November 10th, 2016, 05:05 AM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I think you might need to look at reducing the text size once kerning gets below a certain point as letters can overlap at the moment. e.g. LYCANTHORPE for the species.
Good call. Obviously the app is failing here. I did a bit more research on this, prompted by your post.

I don't think the official cards ever resorted to making the text in that area shorter--they simply adjusted the kerning (what I just added and you noted) and when they got desperate for space, also compressed the letters horizontally. And speaking of lycanthropy, the attached Werewolf Lord card is an excellent example of that. All of the attributes have an uppercase R. Measuring those R's, we see they are all 15 pixels high in this scan. However the width changes from 6.5 pixels (Lycanthrope), to 8 (Uncommon Hero), to 9 (Darklord, Relentless).

I have yet to implement that sort of horizontal typeface "compression," but when I do, like everything else in the app, I will make it automatic. As a related aside--you'll notice in the current preview that if you keep typing text into the special powers area that the text gets smaller and smaller in steps. Several of the steps match the specs for various Wave 9 cards precisely (Gladiators, Mohicans, and Repulors, IIRC) and others are tweened. Once you need more text than the Repulsors spec could provide, I don't shrink the font any further, but do some other sorts of tricks to provide card creators more space for words. However, eventually as you add text, I have the app throw its hands up and color the text red, refusing to shrink any further. I probably should do something similar here--yes, compress the text horizontally for a while, but if you type much beyond "LYCANTHROPE" in that top box, refuse to go further (for risk of making the text unreadable) and require the designer to re-work their text.

Do y'all think that sounds like the right balance here?

(BTW, @A3n , did my reply to your Marvelscape re-coloring post make sense?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wwl.jpg (22.3 KB, 162 views)

Old November 10th, 2016, 05:58 AM

Yeah mate, made perfect sense. Love to see it in action.
Old November 10th, 2016, 08:18 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Ive been watching this too. This looks like a great resource. I may be trying it soon as well too.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 11th, 2016, 05:10 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

You mentioned that for each general, you would be changing the hue of different parts of the card. This wouldn't work for Valkrill. I'm working on a Valkrill blank using your mask image, and various Valkrill blanks I was able to find on the forums, as well as the Horned Skull Brutes scan that @TREX did for me. This is the outer edge, and the figure stats area, with everything else removed. It's not finished, but maybe it will be useful to you.

EDIT:Uploaded a better version of the Card edge.
Attached Images
File Type: png Valkrill_Blank_modified_edge&stats.png (1.19 MB, 8 views)

Last edited by Leaf_It; November 12th, 2016 at 02:47 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software