Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old September 29th, 2018, 03:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Giant Sized Scape Battles

Was thinking the standard buildings should be fairly easy damage too, so a low defense of say 2, then the bigger the building the more life it would have. That way if you wanted to have an alien invasion force with tanks and bombers, those 1 & 2 att. die common units could damage a building. You could then have a few special buildings that were hardened bunkers or banks or something that had 3 defense where the command units could be located. Say a 100 person occupancy building could have 5 life, each W inflicted counts as 20 dead civilians. Or maybe the wounds inflicted should be worth less individually, then when the building is destroyed you get the full amount? Say 100 occupancy & 5 life gives you 15 dead humans for each W inflicted if the game ends without the building being destroyed, so 4 W's inflicted would net you 60 of the 100 possible kills.
Old September 30th, 2018, 09:48 AM

WatchmanWatcher is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchmanWatcher View Post
Thanks for spoilering my post. And yeah, edits to follow, and although I like the idea of humans being common heroes, I prefer having several military units moving at once than giving all humans say 'Human Bonding 3"

For now, I'll nerf those ranges
I meant something like this;

So 6 soldiers, or 3 tanks, or what have you all fit on a single base, and count as 1 unit. That way, they basically function as a Hero but clearly have more than 1 character per base.

It just doesn't seem fair that if Godzilla takes up 1 space a single human soldier can also take up a whole space.

Another option would be to make up rules so that more than one of these tiny human units (be it soldier, tank, or helicopter) can share the space at the same time. So soldiers would be a squad of 3 just like the normal game, but a soldier would be able to stand in the same space as a tank.
This is the sort of thing that I meant earlier. Sorry for any confusion!
Old September 30th, 2018, 06:07 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Then I was thinking the human military units could have some kind of command and control unit situated in one of the buildings. The Kaiju must destroy the building the command and control unit is in to take them out. Until that happens you could put an OM on the Control and Command card for some OM flex and double turns with common human units. You could have a couple of different types, each in their own building.

AIR FORCE COMMAND
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may take a turn with any two Human Air Force Common Heroes you control or one Human Air Force Uncommon Hero you control.

ARMY COMMAND
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may take a turn with any two Human Army Common Heroes you control or one Human Army Uncommon Hero you control.

NAVY COMMAND
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may take a turn with any two Human Navy Common Heroes you control or one Human Navy Uncommon Hero you control.

JOINT COMMAND
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may take a turn with one Human Army Common Hero, one Human Air Force Common Hero, and one Human Navy Common Hero you control.
What if these were radio dishes that you can place on top of a building to designate it as the command base? Or maybe tents?
Quote:
Was thinking the standard buildings should be fairly easy damage too, so a low defense of say 2, then the bigger the building the more life it would have. That way if you wanted to have an alien invasion force with tanks and bombers, those 1 & 2 att. die common units could damage a building. You could then have a few special buildings that were hardened bunkers or banks or something that had 3 defense where the command units could be located. Say a 100 person occupancy building could have 5 life, each W inflicted counts as 20 dead civilians. Or maybe the wounds inflicted should be worth less individually, then when the building is destroyed you get the full amount? Say 100 occupancy & 5 life gives you 15 dead humans for each W inflicted if the game ends without the building being destroyed, so 4 W's inflicted would net you 60 of the 100 possible kills.
I'm honestly more interested in just keeping it simple and having them count as dead only when the building is completely destroyed, but I'm not too against this system either.
Old September 30th, 2018, 06:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like that radio/satellite dish idea quite a bit. Basically if the Invaders can destroy the dish they disrupt communications and the human troops are back to placing OM's on the individual unit cards.
Old October 1st, 2018, 09:04 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's interesting. You could have lots of buildings/DOs with specific powers like that, like a hospital that heals figures, etc.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 1st, 2018, 02:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Not sure about a hospital, but a mechanic/repair shop that could rebuild/repair Jaegers would be a fun idea to help out the defenders.
Old October 4th, 2018, 11:31 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Hoping to rewatch the first Pacific Rim this weekend to brainstorm for ideas. Does anyone who knows more about that universe have any ideas? I was thinking the Jaegers could all have a Drift Compatible [#] power that would have you rolling the 20-sided die before taking a turn with them for some kind of boost/negative effect, the # could change based on how in sync he two pilots are. Also thinking Gipsy Danger could have a sword power that was not something you would use every single turn. What if it was a thing that could be activated by a marker placement but then couldn't be deactivated?
Quote:
SWORD POWER
Instead of taking a turn with Gipsy Danger, you may place the blue Sword Marker on this card. While the Sword Marker is on this card, [Positive effect] and [Negative effect]
Maybe it would also have an Analog power that would have some small effect, but would serve as a keyword to allow it to avoid an EMP blast like in the movie.
Old October 5th, 2018, 02:15 AM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, I was thinking I would need to watch the first Pacific Rim movie again as well. Right now I'm not sure what to do for the different Kaiju other then giving them different stats.
Old October 5th, 2018, 07:20 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Yeah, I was thinking I would need to watch the first Pacific Rim movie again as well. Right now I'm not sure what to do for the different Kaiju other then giving them different stats.
I remember one of the Kaiju could do an EMP pulse and one of them had a baby that popped out when it died. Also I think they had acid blood, but the Jaegers were immune.
Old October 8th, 2018, 09:41 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For those of you with 3D printers, these printed buildings for the game GKR: Heavy Hitters would be great. Might have to scale them slightly to make them fit on heroscape hexes since the hexes in GKR are slightly larger.

This would be a way to build a full on city. There are even printable building ruin markers I believe (The game comes with them).

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3050200

Edit:
here are bases for the buildings:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2788644

and more buildings:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3042613
Old October 8th, 2018, 02:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Those look great, thanks for linking them.
Old October 8th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Just A Head

Seconded, those look awesome. Thanks for linking them, really makes me wish I had a 3D printer.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum