Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 17th, 2007, 01:56 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of The Einar Imperium

The Book of The Einar Imperium
Dawn of Darkness - Collection 6 - "Archers and Kyrie"

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Among the rolling hills of Lindesfarme lays the heart of Einar's Empire, a gorgeous, gold-domed palace, built on the shimmering surface of Mirror Lake. The splendor of that site is unmatched in all of Valhalla; the very air glows with the golden image reflected off the water. A long bridge, lined with rows and rows of golden arches, leads out to the palace. Under each and every arch stand two bronze-skinned Kyrie, members of Einar's elite Imperium. Every member of the Imperium is loyal, disciplined, and altogether exceptional. They stand alert at their posts, their dual blades crossed upon their chests. Covering their faces are varied masks made from the same extraordinarily pure gold used in the building of the palace, mined from the nearby hills. Enter the Valley unbidden and you'll find yourself quickly surrounded by an entire legion of these soldiers. Fail to turn back, and they'll not hesitate to cut you down where you stand. (Hasbro)
    No, once any of the Einar Imperium attacks one opponent, you can choose any figure adjacent to that the Einar Imperium
    unit and attack again. The second figure can be the same figure you attacked the first time, or a different one.
    (dnutt99 / Hasbro FAQ)

- DOUBLE ATTACK : Attacking With Any or All of The Einar Imperium
    The card says that when “each member of the Einar Imperium attacks, he may attack one additional time.” Do the Einar
    Imperium still get double attack if only one of them attacks?

Yes. Any time an Einar Imperium unit attacks, he may attack one additional time. (dnutt99)

- STEALTH FLYING : Walking Away From Engagements
    Do the Einar Imperium have disengage when walking?
    No. If an Einar Imperium’s flying power is negated, or if he decide to walk away from an engagement, he will take any leaving engagement strikes. If an Einar Imperium begins his move engaged and chooses to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement swipes. (dnutt99)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - EMPRESS KIOVA : Gift of the Empress
    Being Kyrie units that follow Einar, The Einar Imperium may benefit from Empress Kiova’s GIFT OF THE EMPRESS defense ability.

- MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS : Soldier Leadership
    As Soldiers, The Einar Imperium may benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER LEADERSHIP movement bonus.

- MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS : Soldier Attack Enhancement
    As Soldiers, The Einar Imperium may benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT.

- Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior : Kyrie Leadership
    As Kyrie, The Einar Imperium may benefit from Atlaga's movement bonus.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - SACRED BAND : Disciplined Army Defense Bonus
    • * Having a Disciplined personality, The Einar Imperium may aid the Sacred Band with their DISCIPLINED
      ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.
      *NOTE: See The Book of Sacred Band for proper application.

Power Rankings

Jexik: The Einar Imperium- Though the Imperium can school most units out there, keeping the E.I. alive long enough can prove troublesome. C-

OEAO: C-

Cleon: Tier 2 (192/208)

dok (VC inclusive): C-

Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by superfrog; March 12th, 2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:31 AM

Aranas has disabled reputation
An important thing to remember:

Double Attack is a Special Power NOT a Special Attack.

Thus, Guilty, Syvarris, Krug, Einar Imperium or any other figure with that special power gets two distinct normal attacks.

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old May 17th, 2007, 12:34 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I really like the EI, but so far I can't get them to survive long enough too even out their cost. If you think about it, with a 6 movement and double attack of 3, they should be able to just clean house. Well not so much. In our games they always get outperformed by either the Sentinels or Minions.

Maybe I'm just using them wrong. After looking at Dnutt's post above, I guess I didn't realize that they had so much synergy with Einar's other troops.

I guess using them as a hit and run flank unit as opposed to a front line unit would probably make them last longer. Hence the flying and 5 movement, 6 with Marcus.
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:19 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
These guys really shouldn't be used without Kiova. Her aura gives them an effective average defense of 5, which makes them last a lot longer. Add in glyphs or height advantage and it's even better than Raelin's boost.
Old May 21st, 2007, 04:24 PM

Garet Jaxx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I love these, in a non-obsesive way. I use these guys to rush the enemy. I send in 6 at a time, that way if one dies i can quickly replace it. Reroll the dice is very helpful. 6 attacks in one turn is overwhelming.

Garet Jaxx's Home, the official Heroscape Storage Site.
Old May 31st, 2007, 05:26 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Just so everyone knows, as far as my Oxford Latin Year II book says, Imperium is Latin for Order. So their name would mean something like Einar's Order of The Order of Einar. See, Latin isn't a dead language at all!
Old June 1st, 2007, 03:25 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Agreeing with the power ranking, whenever I'm playing these guys they first just deminate and destroy me. But then once it's my turn I kill them very easily, unless Kiova is there to save their roles (also agreeing with clarissimus).
Old June 1st, 2007, 09:02 PM

jenadke has disabled reputation
Although hefty at 140pts, the Einar Imperium are useful if played correctly. You have to think of them as a sneak attack squad with their stealth flying.

The best way is to play them last one turn, and first the other.

Use them to dish out some damage on a strong hero, and the next turn, move over to another hero out of range.

Openly put an X on them all the time to drive your opponent nuts.

As an aside, don't feel that if you pick the EI, you have to waste points on Kiova. Raelin is just as good, and you can use her as bait (i.e. move her up one turn and the EI the next... no opponent can resist this).
Statistically, Raelin and Kiova give them the same benefit. Kiova's benefit range is slightly more (5 spaces instead of 4), and Kiova has an extra defense.
The expected defense for Raelin is 5 * (1/3) = 1.667
The expected defense for Kiova is 3 * (1 - (2/3)^2) = 1.667

Most miscalculate the expectation for the defense using Kiova's benefit. You have to calculate it as "one minus the probability that I don't roll a shield twice", and do that for three dice.

The difference is the spread (slightly higher probability of rolling two shields with kiova), but also that you can get up to 5 sheilds with Raelin.
Old June 1st, 2007, 09:15 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
But Kiova delivers more consistant results. I'd rather roll 2 or 3 shields almost all the time than roll 5 shields sometimes and 1 or 0 shields sometimes. Isn't this why the Deathwalkers are so bad?

Besides, with height advantage and/or glyphs Kiova is a lot better. Since the Imperium have stealth flying it will usually not be difficult for them to get height advantage and therefore defense 4.

Finally, Kiova will live a bit longer, having more defense and stealth flying. I don't consider her a "waste" at all because 2 squads of EI eat of most of the points of a small army anyway and there's not much left extra for Raelin to boost.
Old June 1st, 2007, 09:59 PM

True... this post isn't in refute of your claims but just stating the raw facts... they both help and hurt your argument. The raw probabilities are posted below.

The first group is the raw probabilities (a fairly useless measure in this game... almost as useless as expectation). The second group is the probability distribution... simply said "The probability in which you will achieve a certain number or more of shields".

As you can see, Kiova gives them a higher benefit of at least rolling something, an extra 5%.

They keep that 5% lead in the "at least 2" case.

Raelin gives them a 4% better chance at defending 3 or more skulls.

Code:
	Kiova	Raelin
0	8.8%	13.2%
1	32.9%	32.9%
2	41.2%	32.9%
3	17.1%	16.5%
4	----	4.1%
5	----	0.41%

1+	91.2%	86.8%
2+	58.3%	53.9%
3+	17.1%	21.0%
4+	----	4.5%
5	----	0.41%

In short, Raelin is only really a benefit when taking on powerful heroes like Drake, and even then not much of one. Though, she is effective from a strategy standpoint since she can help other people as well.
Old June 1st, 2007, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus
Isn't this why the Deathwalkers are so bad?
Not necessarily, the 9000 has a defensive p.d.f. of the following:
3+ 62.3%
2+ 85.7%
1+ 97.4%
whiff 2.6%

Just don't take on powerful ranged squads with them so your opponent can play the statistical game.

The problem is their one life, and the fact that they are often perceived as a larger threat than they really are, so opponents attack them (like Charos and Braxas), but I digress..

Anyways, back on topic.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 02:32 AM

Now see the problem here is that you don't often have the option of "Don't take on powerful range squads" because powerful range squads are found in almost every competitive tourney army.

Look at it this way: the odds that your opponent is going to roll more than 2 skulls is small if being attacked by squads, but if you are attacked by a tough hero (like Drake) he's probably going to kill one of the Imperium anyway.

Raelin's main advantage is (as you correctly point out) that she assists other units as well.

But now if you have 2x Imperium + Raelin that is 360 points already. Even in a 500 point game that doesn't leave much room.

I don't mean to say that Kiova is always a better choice, but I do mean to say that Kiova is by no means a "waste."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units