Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old March 22nd, 2014, 03:51 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

It looks like there is a second Master Set coming out with 8 decks and they will all be hybrid factions. Here is the discussion on PHG's website: http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_for...-in-the-future
Old March 24th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Wow, that is awesome news. Very cool. Thanks for the link, Hogg!
Old April 15th, 2014, 06:21 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
It looks like there is a second Master Set coming out with 8 decks and they will all be hybrid factions. Here is the discussion on PHG's website: http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_for...-in-the-future
It will be awesome.
Old April 15th, 2014, 07:10 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
It will be awesome.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old April 21st, 2014, 12:32 AM

Skylord163 is surprisingly tart

Recent mentions of Summoner Wars and Heroscape on The Dice Tower's YouTube channel:

At 4:18-5:50 on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnZM2oDBqrg during their "Top Ten Strategic Two Player Games" topic [published on Mar 14, 2014], all three reviewers included Summoner Wars on their personal lists (as #2 for Tom Vasel, #1 for Sam Healey, and #7 for Zee Garcia). Only reviewer Sam Healey included Heroscape on his personal list, as #10. Healey cited long set-up times as a detriment to Heroscape. At 29:59, Tom Vasel references Heroscape when he talks about Duel of Ages II as his #4.

At 38:00-40:32 on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhfD3Rp5lNg during their "Top Ten Games That Murdered Other Games" topic [published on Apr 10, 2014], reviewer Zee Garcia declared Heroscape as his #3 pick on the list, murdered by Summoner Wars. During the clip, Garcia was presented with a plaid hat by Tom Vasel.

Last edited by Skylord163; April 21st, 2014 at 07:36 PM. Reason: added introduction
Old April 21st, 2014, 05:43 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylord163 View Post
At 4:18-5:50 on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnZM2oDBqrg during their "Top Ten Strategic Two Player Games" topic [published on Mar 14, 2014], all three reviewers included Summoner Wars on their personal lists (as #2 for Tom Vasel, #1 for Sam Healey, and #7 for Zee Garcia). Only reviewer Sam Healey included Heroscape on his personal list, as #10. Healey cited long set-up times as a detriment to Heroscape. At 29:59, Tom Vasel references Heroscape when he talks about Duel of Ages II as his #4.

At 38:00-40:32 on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhfD3Rp5lNg during their "Top Ten Games That Murdered Other Games" topic [published on Apr 10, 2014], reviewer Zee Garcia declared Heroscape as his #3 pick on the list, murdered by Summoner Wars. During the clip, Garcia was presented with a plaid hat by Tom Vasel.
The Dice Tower crew have always been huge fans of Heroscape and PlaidHat. I got to play Tom Vasel in Heroscape a few years back and wiped the floor with him. I used Mohicans.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 21st, 2014, 10:21 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Cool.

I really like Tom's reviews, and I think it's because he and I have similar tastes. I don't think SW "murdered" Heroscape, though they do scratch a very similar itch. Heroscape, with its painted minis and colorful terrain, is more theme-y, and is more flexible with easy options for 3 player and scenario play that are not so simple in SW.

On a (mostly) unrelated note, we have Yomi, which I like, but we just traded for BattleCON: Devastation of Indines, which looks like it might murder the heck out of Yomi. That's ok, we got our money's worth out of it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 24th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I'm pretty certain Tom would not ever list Summoner Wars as murdering Heroscape (Zee though would, of course).

Tom is much more into Scape as a bigger thing, I think. He came up for a tourney and had some fun, but I think he likes bigger maps, multi-player, hodge podge play. That was the sense I got, anyway.

I'm not sure he thinks of it as a "two-player game."
Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:03 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Summoner Wars wouldn't exist without Heroscape. Colby stands on the shoulders of kyrie.

PHG in its current form owes a lot of its existence to the community fostered on this website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old June 11th, 2014, 06:52 PM

brhodges77 Woo who?

Hey if any of you are in the Dallas Fort Worth area and want to play in a Summoner Wars tourney then you should check out this event on FB. It's free to entry and there are some pretty good prizes being offered up.

https://www.facebook.com/events/487037298095138/
Old September 24th, 2014, 11:24 AM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

Hello Fello Scapers/Summoner wars players.
I was hoping you may be able to help me out.
I am on the look out for two Summoner wars decks I can not find local to me in NY.

I am Looking for the Fallen Kingdom Faction deck ( that includes Ret-Talus )
I am also looking for The Filth Faction Deck.

It would be awesome if anyone could help me locate these two decks. Thanks.

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old September 24th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Both are out of stock at CSI and Miniature Market. I saw a Filth on Amazon but the guy was gouging people by charging $30 for it.

Might just have to wait until they get back in stock at those places, unless someone can find them in a local game store and mail them to you.

Looking at the Plaid Hat site, several of the SW stuff is getting reprinted and sent from China, so if you can wait, they will be available again.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games