Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades
Sales and Trades A place for 'scapers to buy/sell/trade Heroscape-related stuff with each other

Notices

Old February 11th, 2013, 06:16 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: READ THIS FIRST - Rules for using the trading forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar View Post
Quote:
...penalties...varying from warnings to such things as:
  • awarding you an undesirable title,
  • modifying your avatar/signature, or
These two penalties make it sound like you're going to prank the person.
I don't see anything there that would lead one to think that we would be pranking anyone, as it certainly does not say anything about that. I can see how it could be interpreted that way, but not based off of anything in any of the rules.

I think that those particular bullet points were taken verbatim from the penalties in the Rep thread, so there is a precedent.
When I read those two bullets this morning, I kind of chuckled myself (quietly, of course). They *do* seem somewhat like a joke/prank. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't take that penalty very seriously.

Besides that, I'm curious to see how this overhaul plays out. The old trade system definitely needed revision.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old February 11th, 2013, 06:34 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think they mean changing it to something that makes it quite obvious you are a bad trader to publicly humiliate you.

@Xorlof, what should we do about feedback from previous trades? Go to the threads or just post it in ours?

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old February 11th, 2013, 06:49 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
I think they mean changing it to something that makes it quite obvious you are a bad trader to publicly humiliate you.

@Xorlof, what should we do about feedback from previous trades? Go to the threads or just post it in ours?
I just copied Just-A-Bill, and copied and pasted all previous feedback into the 2nd post of my thread.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old February 11th, 2013, 06:53 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Well, I didn't copy it all; just a handful of the early reports.

Anyway, I was thinking that I will also pay attention to who creates a thread in this new format, and when it's somebody I've traded with, try to "re-do" the feedback I left them before.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old February 11th, 2013, 06:57 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

So is anything happening to the original trade thread? Because individual threads seem unnecessary as long as it remains in tact.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old February 11th, 2013, 07:17 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Posting feedback in the other user's thread seems like a better way to leave feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
So is anything happening to the original trade thread? Because individual threads seem unnecessary as long as it remains in tact.
I would assume that, after the new trade system has a firm foundation, the original trade thread(s) will be deleted. Just my guess.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old February 11th, 2013, 07:24 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I don't see anything there that would lead one to think that we would be pranking anyone, as it certainly does not say anything about that. I can see how it could be interpreted that way, but not based off of anything in any of the rules.

I think that those particular bullet points were taken verbatim from the penalties in the Rep thread, so there is a precedent.
When I read those two bullets this morning, I kind of chuckled myself (quietly, of course). They *do* seem somewhat like a joke/prank. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't take that penalty very seriously.

Besides that, I'm curious to see how this overhaul plays out. The old trade system definitely needed revision.
If it comes across like that, than change it to this:
Quote:
  • awarding you an undesirable title Permanently,
  • modifying your avatar/signature Permanently, or
I assume you guys can do that. Right?
Old February 11th, 2013, 07:28 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Posting feedback in the other user's thread seems like a better way to leave feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
I would assume that, after the new trade system has a firm foundation, the original trade thread(s) will be deleted. Just my guess.
The original trade thread should absolutely not be deleted. It holds a lot of info for present, past, and future users that might not immediately make it into the individual threads.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 11th, 2013, 07:47 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker

I agree with capsocrates. Lock the thread maybe, but don't delete it. (Same with the "HS Good Traders" thread linked to in the first "HS Trade Thread" post.)

I won't be porting all my positive feedback over. That's where it can be found.
Old February 11th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
The intent is less punitive and more cautionary. The change would be to alert other users that this poster is not a trustworthy trader.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 11th, 2013, 11:02 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
FWIW, I read this as kind of whimsical, too. If I had to try to explain why, I guess it would be my sense that a number of "teasing" titles have been "awarded" over the years that may have been poking a little good-natured fun at the recipient but were not intended as punishments. Perhaps it's that there's nothing that clearly alerts the reader that "awarded" is being intended in an ironic sense? That the body language is missing?

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

In recent memory people have gotten titles that were truly undesireable, particularly for people wanting to trade.

As Bats said, above.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades