Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old July 23rd, 2008, 10:46 PM

BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker
Re: CA-SoCal Heroscapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxanadu13 View Post
I got into this game back in summer of 2007, and i've been on this site at least five times a week since. Also I have the entire collection minus exclusives.
The reason I say this is because with all this dediction to Heroscape I can only count about 20 games in that time. I moved from Massachusets to Reno thinking that I would run into more gamers. And I got a huge game store full of gamers who play everything but Heroscape. I've had a few people try it, but everyone is there to play either Warhammer or Confrontation, and ect.ect. BUT I WANT TO PLAY HEROSCAPE!

Thanks for listening.. I've been holding that in for a long time.
I feel for ya, right now where I'm at people aren't interested in Heroscape much either. I'm heading up to San Jose just to play, about 200 miles away and will probably head down to LA area as well. Whatever helps me get my fix!

R~
Great! Hope to see you in August.

.....YOU UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE !
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
I got into this game back in summer of 2007, and i've been on this site at least five times a week since. Also I have the entire collection minus exclusives.
The reason I say this is because with all this dediction to Heroscape I can only count about 20 games in that time. I moved from Massachusets to Reno thinking that I would run into more gamers. And I got a huge game store full of gamers who play everything but Heroscape. I've had a few people try it, but everyone is there to play either Warhammer or Confrontation, and ect.ect. BUT I WANT TO PLAY HEROSCAPE!

I feel for ya, right now where I'm at people aren't interested in Heroscape much either. I'm heading up to San Jose just to play, about 200 miles away and will probably head down to LA area as well. Whatever helps me get my fix!

R~
We have two 'scapers in Santa Maria (hextr1p and Wilkerson74) that we've driven up to play with and who both have driven down for us. Maybe you could hook up with them for some regular gaming. As far as you coming down south, I say, "HECK YEAH!" Shoot for the 30th of August and, of course, for NHSD, when we had a gathering of about 25 last year and hope to exede that this year.

Hope we game against each other soon.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
Quote:
Quote:

R~
We have two 'scapers in Santa Maria (hextr1p and Wilkerson74) that we've driven up to play with and who both have driven down for us. Maybe you could hook up with them for some regular gaming. As far as you coming down south, I say, "HECK YEAH!" Shoot for the 30th of August and, of course, for NHSD, when we had a gathering of about 25 last year and hope to exede that this year.

Hey! If planned right I'm up for a trip into Santa Maria or near there. Something to think about!

Old July 24th, 2008, 02:01 AM

Faxanadu13 is surprisingly tart
Cool Re: CA-SoCal Heroscapers

Man! thats the reply I've been waiting for in Nevada. Maybe I would save alot of gas money if I just moved to Los Angeles. Because I would seriously like to get in at the very least one game a month and at best one game a week. Well maybe two or three of four games a week. But seriously how often do you guys get to play? Also I was wondering if anyone lived closer to Sacremento as its a 3 hour drive. Either way, I still would love to go to NHSD and also to try out my crypyical stratagems against proven heroscapists. And if theirs a fridge with beverages, sounds like a day made in Valhalla to me!

:{ ALL OF OUR TIME WE SPEND }:
:{WAITING FOR OUR SOULS TO REND}:

"WATCH OUT FOR SPRING-TAILED JUMPING SNAKES!"
Old July 24th, 2008, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Man! thats the reply I've been waiting for in Nevada. Maybe I would save alot of gas money if I just moved to Los Angeles. Because I would seriously like to get in at the very least one game a month and at best one game a week. Well maybe two or three of four games a week. But seriously how often do you guys get to play? Also I was wondering if anyone lived closer to Sacremento as its a 3 hour drive. Either way, I still would love to go to NHSD and also to try out my crypyical stratagems against proven heroscapists. And if theirs a fridge with beverages, sounds like a day made in Valhalla to me!
Well Faxanadu13 there is a group of us that when possible will get together and play. But unfortunately that sometimes few and far between. I can not speak for the other but I do not get as much play time as I like. Also having 3 to 4 different games I like too play does not help matters. But so goes life and if it ain't one thing its another, but looking forward to see you when NHSD happens. Just got to figure out when, where and who !

Old July 24th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
For Sacramento 'scapers, I'd say the Norcal thread would be your best bet. They have one here under the "Meet Other Scapers" forum, also.

As for our gaming, I, like Bigjim, would love to do it more, but wives and kids are always tripping me up. There are several members in our group that are not as bogged down and game a lot more frequently than I. I'm sure they'll chime in here eventually.

As for NHSD, we had a great one last year, and I hope to have an even bigger one this year. With D-man moving to Pasadena, maybe a move to the Game Empire there might be in order. I'm going to do some leg work and check out the size, availability and amenities provided to gamers there. We should start ironing out details by late Aug/early Sept at the very latest. Start planning your time down here for that weekend, because it will be good.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

Old July 24th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

I've played with Wilk and Hex before, I even tried to put together a little game day they just end up too busy. Darn wives and kids! They are cool and all. Hopefully they and I'll be able to hook up and play again sometime in the future. I should PM them and see if they'd be up for the game day down there.

As I'm headed to GenCon I hope that I can do both that and head down, heck I could play everyday. I have such an addictive personality. As vices go though this is pretty safe overall.

Faxanadu13, there are definately some Sacramento players that would be closer to you or even the bay area. There is a list of people on the first page of the NorCal thread in this forum.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Last edited by robbdaman; July 24th, 2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old July 24th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Beware the Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman
As I'm headed to GenCon
Uh, you're killing me you lucky stiff. I've got to go one of these years.

Old July 24th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
As I'm headed to GenCon
This will be my second year going, it is a lot of fun and very big. The best part is spending time with people you don't often get to. I highly recommend going, it is the most fun to be had in gaming.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old July 24th, 2008, 09:42 PM

Faxanadu13 is surprisingly tart

Thanks guys! I will do much with this information. But thanks for steering me in the right direction. I feel I'm getting closer to a game. And now I feel lucky to be a single adult who loves gameing. I might keep it that way until I want to raise up some wargameing grandkids!

:{ ALL OF OUR TIME WE SPEND }:
:{WAITING FOR OUR SOULS TO REND}:

"WATCH OUT FOR SPRING-TAILED JUMPING SNAKES!"
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
As I'm headed to GenCon
This will be my second year going, it is a lot of fun and very big. The best part is spending time with people you don't often get to. I highly recommend going, it is the most fun to be had in gaming.

R~
Lucky dog! Take lots of picture and what would it take to get you to bring back some of the Exclusive game figure from Gen Com? Oh buddy Oh pal Oh buddy!!!! Just kidding [ maybe!] Have a good time and hope to see you on NHSD.

Old July 25th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Beware the Curse

Okay SoCal, I checked out Game Empire today and it should suit our needs. There are 14 gaming tables that could accomodate 28 maps; enough for 56 gamers! The owner seemed like a great guy and would not charge us to use the place. There's also some HS in stock, though mostly Wave 7, but the owner said he would bet more in for the event. Both men's and women's restrooms are a plus also. Easily freeway accessible and the A/C works fine (unlike Gems).

We tentatively have the day, but let me know what you all think.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers