Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old August 3rd, 2011, 02:26 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Set Specific Map Database

I have seen a lot of threads started lately asking for maps using a specific number of specific sets.

There is a map database here

When you go there, you can enter the types and number of sets you want your map to include as well as the number of players for a map (you can even specify BoV maps).

It will pull up all the maps within your parameters that are here on scapers.com. As you can see in the pic it will even tell you what format the file is available in.

I hope this helps those who may have been unaware of this great resource.

NOTE: I am neither the creator nor caretaker of the database, just a very satisfied user of the database.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 03:54 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Re: Set Specific Map Database

That is a fantastic tool! My only complaint with it, is that I don't think it has been updated in a long time. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) For example, if you put 1 BftU set, 2 BftU, or 3 BftU sets and search for those (by themselves), you get nothing in return.

I'm hard pressed to believe that there aren't maps in the downloads section here that contain those building requirements.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old August 3rd, 2011, 03:59 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadi View Post
That is a fantastic tool! My only complaint with it, is that I don't think it has been updated in a long time. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) For example, if you put 1 BftU set, 2 BftU, or 3 BftU sets and search for those (by themselves), you get nothing in return.

I'm hard pressed to believe that there aren't maps in the downloads section here that contain those building requirements.
I noticed this too. I thought it was just not working at first but then I tried searching for 1 RoTV, which got a bunch of results. It should definitely get updated.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 04:08 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack188 View Post
Quote:

I noticed this too. I thought it was just not working at first but then I tried searching for 1 RoTV, which got a bunch of results. It should definitely get updated.
I can't say that I disagree with you guys.

This is what the creator (or caretaker) of the site had to say a while back...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlad View Post
Hi All

First i would like to thank you for using our site.

Map database is updated manually on irregular basis. We know that there are lots of maps to be indexed at the moment. We have a web interface to add a map to database, so if there will be some volunteer, it is possible that we give him rights to do it in the future.

Hlad
Hlad has been on as "recently" as January of this year so he is definitely aware of the need to update I am sure. I can only imagine the task it is to update though if theyare doing it manually.

:sigh: I guess I will take what I can get.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 04:12 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmmmm. It's a shame that he has to upload the data manually. There should be some kind of interface that allows people to add their own maps to the database.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 07:08 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker

Or, allow map creators to update their own maps.... that would cut down on a lot of the work.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old August 3rd, 2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Or, allow map creators to update their own maps.... that would cut down on a lot of the work.
I was thinking that as well.

I just may PM hlad or try to get in touch with him on his site to see if an update solution can be reached. It would be a shame to let such a wonderful tool go unused.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 09:13 PM

Agree. What would be ideal, is if we could have individual users to have logins, that would only allow them to upload maps that belong to them (kind of like the downloads here), thus filling out the set requirements at the same time.

I don't know if it could be done, but that would be awesome. I'd gladly take the time to add the SHS archive to that site. I don't think any of them are listed there.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:56 PM

Dargoth is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I found this a couple weeks ago from a Google search. A very nice utility to have. Plus I would like to say a big THANK YOU to all the map creators who've taken the time to share them with everyone.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios