Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Notices

Old July 8th, 2020, 06:59 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 2 until 7/19

https://www.twitch.tv/filthe

Streaming now!
Old July 9th, 2020, 11:24 AM

Cuzmo_of_Gilead is surprisingly tart

Battle report from 7/8 Cuzmo vs infectedsloth (round 2 match)

500 Points
Map: Belly of the Beast
Glyphs: Wannok and Dagmar

Cuzmo: 3x Knights of Weston, Sir Gilbert, Z'thoth, and Makwa Tribesman
infectedsloth: 3x Roman Legionnaires, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Axentia and Marcu

Surviving Units: 6 Legos, Marcus with full health, MBS with 2 wounds, Marcu with 1 wound and Axentia with 2 wounds on second form

Flow of Game: There is not too much to report as infectedsloth played an excellent game and easily destroyed my knight army. MBS was the MVP jumping around and killing Gilbert on turn 2 with two paralyzed dice attacks. After that, my knights movements were limited and were basically picked off one at a time with either MBS or Legos. Axentia only got involved towards the end for some clean up as most of infectedsloth's OMs were on his Legos. I went after Axentia early in the game with Z'thoth knowing the power of that figure, but I was not able to put enough wounds on her early on. I had a good chance of putting wounds on both Axentia and MBS during the beginning of round two but I rolled 1 skull and was not able to put any wounds on either. Z'thoth eventually took out a few Romans (with Maddening Visage and attacks) but a little too late to put a big enough dent into his army. I used Makwa Tribesman later in the match, but with only one of this figure and no hunters for the double attack, it did not affect the match too much accept for a couple negated wounds from the bear shield special ability. Though I did not put up too much of a fight, it was a good game nevertheless and props to infectedsloth for a well played match.

Usefulness of playtesting units:

Axentia: The overall power of this card made me try to deal with it early on before it moved into my knight army and dealt immolation damage. Though it did not get too involved early on, I was concentrating on it with Z'thoth for most of the match, and as I was doing this, MBS was going nuts. I did finally put 7 wounds on her (the last one from her own immolation) but then still had to deal with another 7 health. This figure seems overpowered, especially without enough range to put damage on her and avoid the phoenix rising wounds that follow.

Makwa Tribesman: Though a nice ranged unit, it is not very useful as a one of and without the ability for the double attack. The shield is nice and it did trigger 2/5 times. I can see the true power of this unit when it is along side hunters and also as multiples in the army. In this army it served as a filler and was not very effective.
Old July 10th, 2020, 05:49 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Superfrog played his Bees x3, Queen Bee, 2 Mummies, Warden, and Chainfighter
I played his Goblin Slashers x4, Bashers x2, Koggo, Kaemon, and Marcu

500 points
Belly of the Beast with Dagmar and Wannok

superfrog- Amberhive Protectors x3, Crypt Guardian x2, Amberhive Queen, Warden 816, Drow Chainfighter, Bol
mtl1998- Goblin Slashers x4, Bugbear Bashers x2, Koggo, Kaemon Awa, Marcu Esenwein

Which units survived?
13 slashers, full like Kaemon, full life Koggo, full life Marcu

Battle Report:
Spoiler Alert!

Powers:
Spoiler Alert!

Other thoughts:
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 10th, 2020, 05:58 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Just to address some of those points:

Yes, Surge came up once, when I already had Dagmar. That was the time I got a 28 for initiative (16+8+4).

Yes, my army was a little scattered. Definitely would have been better with 5x bees.
Old July 13th, 2020, 06:02 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Bodacious and I starting at 7pm MST tonight. Army picks TBD.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 13th, 2020, 08:25 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Playing against lefton right now. Took out Agga in round 2, lefton conceded and we're playing a second game for more playtesting data.
Old July 13th, 2020, 08:50 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

scaperedude and I play at 9:30 EST. I've got the Natives and he's got the Insects/Cyprien.
Old July 13th, 2020, 10:30 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Wild game with DomPredator tonight. I had his Goblin horde (Slashers x5, Koggo, Bashers x2, Rygarn) and he had his Engagement Strikers (Cathar x1, Nakitas, Motley Max, Greater Ice Elemental, Siiv). Quite an interesting army pair. Engagement Strike is brutal for the Slashers since they just have have to keep taking it over and over again.

DomPredator opened with Motley Max who had quite a performance. I sent in a Basher to try him down, and blocked the first Max 3 skull max attack 3/4 shields. But Max struck back the next turn by Chain Grabbing two goblins into his Engagement Strike death and then 4/5 skull to 0/4 shield one-shotting the first Basher. I flexed on OM to Rygarn to get some damage on to Max since Max was on low ground, and eventually between Koggo and the Goblins I brought him down. He had one more turn where he pulled two Goblins into engagement strike death, but then he was gone and it was just the other strikers. The Nakitas were brutal for me to deal with. I tried to Koggo ping them down so I didn't have to take Engagement Strikes, but they just kept hitting Smoke Powder and then the whole turn was a waste. My Goblin 2v3s (that didn't die to engagement strike) did nothing. Koggo had Cower, but he took sufficient damage from the one Nakita hit and the Goblins died after he Cowered. Koggo went down and I sent out the last Basher. Eventually I took down one Nakita and Dom brought out the Cathar. The Cathar put 3 wounds on the Bugbear, but couldn't finish him off, and I finally got a good turn. All the engagement strikes and spears failed, and I had all height attacks: I killed 3 Cathar and 1 Nakita in one single OM, substantially more than I had killed in the last three rounds. Dom lost OMs and I took Wannok. Siiv took the wound. The last Nakita killed the Wannok Goblin and engagement struck another so it was just Rygarn 1 Goblin and the 1 life Bugbear vs. Siiv and Ice Elemental. The Ice Elemental smashed through the remaining Goblins, but started taking shots from Rygarn and sprinted on the road to try to catch him. But the bumpy startzone spaces made it very difficult for Rygarn to be caught. Rygarn put some damage on Mr. Icy, and Mr. Icy tried to run back across the road to water, but Rygarn sniped him before he could get there and then took Wannok to kill Siiv for the win.

Crazy game. Lots of fun. I don't really have a lot of thoughts on the playtest figures since the game was so wild.

Goblin Slashers- really, really bad against figures with Engagement Strike. Basically any other army can roll this Engagement Strike army, but the Slashers have to painfully take Engagement Strikes over and over.

Bugbear Basher- Not their finest game. The first one got one-shot and the second one didn't do much either, although he had some crucial board control. It was hard for me to set up the attack aura and maybe I should have worked harder to do Expendable Rabble, especially against Max, but I was tunneled on Wannok control and I kept losing my Wannok goblins to his Chain Grab.

Koggo- 1 base attack. But wait, it doubles to 2 if you are shooting an unengaged figure! Luckily he is usually shooting unengaged figures but it's almost funny that his base attack is 1 and not in a good way. I'd rather just see him at base 2 and cut the Clear Shot power because it pretty much is always active with Slashers anyways. Koggo without Slashers is just a poor man's MBS so I don't think there's a worry about him being OP with other armies.

Motley Max- was a beast this game going 4/4 on Chain Grabs and 4/4 on Engagement Strikes after the Grab. I think he maybe needs Evasive or something to help him from get blown up range? But with that I'd probably tone down the roll on the Grab, 6 is very low. He's fun, but if he's ever competitive he'd be frustrating since having your figures pulled into engagement strike (especially like a Minion of Utgar or something) can really hurt. Would just like to see him a little more consistent against range so he's not purely a niche pick.

Cathar Spearmen- DomPredator only had one squad, but they seem really good? 75 points for four 4 defense figures is pretty good. Horned Skull Brutes pay 75 points for three 4 defense figures, and these guys have 2 range and basically Engagement Strike. I guess Brutes have one more attack die but anyway, these guys seem quite good and probably need a cost increase.
Old July 13th, 2020, 10:39 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Cathar Spearmen- DomPredator only had one squad, but they seem really good? 75 points for four 4 defense figures is pretty good. Horned Skull Brutes pay 75 points for three 4 defense figures, and these guys have 2 range and basically Engagement Strike. I guess Brutes have one more attack die but anyway, these guys seem quite good and probably need a cost increase.
#vegieforpresident2020

Last edited by OEAO; July 13th, 2020 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Also, boost Koggo’s base attack to 2, and you have a legitimately interesting foil to Arkmer
Old July 14th, 2020, 03:09 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Map: Belly of the Beast (Dag/Wan)

SirH: AZ, Children X5, MW’s
Bodacious: Cathar X3, Motley, MW’s, Count

Survived: 3 MW’s, AZ (1-life), 2 Children

Marro Warriors OP. This was a swingy game where I started off with AZ and Children and got absolutely melted. It didn't help I misread AZ's card and that he couldn't use approaching doom to engage, because the plan was to have him tank for engagements so I could bring in Children. Well, I got my first attack off and kill when I'd lost almost 2 squads of them and AZ had taken a couple wounds. It was abysmal. When I still had 5 Children left and AZ at 2-life I decided to switch over to MW's the rest of the game. They proceeded to dismantle Bodacious' entire army. They killed 6 Cathar, Full life Max, full life Raymond, and 2 MW's. It was pretty spectacular to see it all come together with such a huge swing. That said, some key blocks by my children kept Cathar at bay, some key misses by Motley and then a huge initiative win for me all helped the MW's do it...but it was something else to witness. It was a great game, and once again the MW's flex their muscles. Oh yeah and AZ was cool.

All in all, I like AZ. He's a big tank and has a really neat ability that can mess with your opponent and make your children turns quite effective. Unfortunately I removed the X each time But yeah, he tanked a lot of shots for me and that was big throughout the game.

Spreading:
X2 (moved X, moved X)

Approaching: X6

Kills:
1 Cathar
1 MW

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 14th, 2020, 01:29 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We are playing at 3:00 eastern today.

The Toogwick_Tuk (0-1) v. coachmuskie (0-1) pool of armies is:
* : Cathar Spearmen x3, Count Raymond, Motley Max, Arkmer
* : Ranjit Singh, Krav Maga, Theracus, Raelin (RotV), Himmelskralle, Guilty McCreech, Isamu
* Amber Bugs!: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Sujoah
* Goblins Galore!: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Urk
coachmuskie chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Toogwick_Tuk chooses who places first.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old July 14th, 2020, 04:14 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just finished my game against Toogwick_Tuk

Point Total: 500 points
Map:Valledonn Belly of the Beast
Glyphs: Wannok and Dagmar

Muskie - Army: Cathar Spearmen x3, Count Raymond, Motley Max, Akmer
Toogwick_Tuk - Army: Amber Bugs!: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Sujoah

Which units survived? Motley (no wounds), Raymond (one wound), Akmer (one wound), 7 Spearmen.

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)

Round 1: Bees had inititive.
Turn one: both moved to position. The road is helping the spearmen and the lava will hurt the bees getting any height.
Turn two: bees try an attack, but one dies on the spears and the others miss with one attack die. I take two more out with cathar attacks. I now have decent position.
Turn three: bees fail on their hits and three spearmen take out the queen.

Round 2:
Turn one: I use Dagmar to get initiative and put two wounds on Sujoah and kill a couple of bees. The rest of the round is him trying to position sujoah to take out advancing Cathar and tie the rest up with bees, but he loses too many to spears.

Round 3:
Spearmen finish Sujoah and I move out Max in Turn three (set up just in case Sujoah broke free).

Round 4:
Finished off the last bee in turn 1.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

I had Max, but the army build was such that it would have been foolish to use him early. The match up was one sided, so I never used Max' powers. He moved one time at the end of the game.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?

Just a terrible match up. Game was lost before it started. I hope there are no more Cathar in the testing armies. They destroy both the goblins and bees. my first two games, Max has done nothing because he is matched up with the Cathar Spearmen. It would be fun to see him in a heroes only game.

Edit: Bodacious did use Motley in the first game I played at the end, and he did kill some goblins and a Basher. It just felt like the Spearmen were everywhere and not going down.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Last edited by Muskie; July 14th, 2020 at 04:34 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting