Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old September 30th, 2009, 11:19 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!
Proto's Official Battle Reports--NEW 11/17!!

ProtoFury's Battle Reports

This is my official Battle Reports thread, which will in in large part cover playtests of some of my BoV-regulations custom maps--which can all be downloaded here.

Battle Report #1: Vadmont's Tomb
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report #2: Ecdinox Pass (BoV Edition)
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report #3: Monwhitt Ruins
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report #4: Dilapp Thicket
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report #5: Dilapp Thicket
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report #6: Dormos Springs (Early Version)
Spoiler Alert!

Other Battle Reports
These are reports from others of their battls on my custom maps.

That's what I've got for battle reports so far! If you like the custom maps, check them out in my Custom Maps thread!

Until next time,

~Proto~

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!

Last edited by ProtoFury; November 17th, 2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old October 1st, 2009, 11:44 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Proto's Official Battle Reports--NEW 9/30!!

Cool Beans

That was fun to read thanks

BTW Nice Avatar, FUNNY movie.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old October 1st, 2009, 12:42 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Heh thanks!

And yes, that was probably one of the funniest movies to come out in a LONG time. The Hangover was hilarious!

Old October 1st, 2009, 01:14 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, That 'Taser gun' Scene had me crying I was laughing so hard.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old October 1st, 2009, 03:21 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Whoa! Major

Anyway, I've found that I do a very similar thing with map playtesting, that I turn them into battle reports. For some more comments, state the map, the armies, and anything else like glyphs, etc. before hand, and have us "Predict the Victor."

And also, I realize I'm semi-hijacking your thread now, but I would suggest for playtesting purposes, to refrain from using pit trap on maps, because 1. It is not very popular in tournaments and 2. You should be rewarded for going low to claim a glyph. It's pretty bad being on the second lowest level of the board, but to be unable to move, is horrible.

I've found that a good glyph pool is Defense +1, Move +2, and Initiative +8.

Keep up the good maps and battle reports ProtoFury!
Old October 1st, 2009, 04:46 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Nice report!

Maybe Dennis had his 460 point army all planned out, but he forgot that Sonya wasn't included in Cyprien's cost?

Very poor play with Cyprien by Dennis. He didn't even take height advantage on the hounds when he had the chance (Don't forget to move!).

The stinger drain roll was bad luck, but also unnecessary. Just go with 3A, especially when you're just hoping for a whiff from the agents anyway. One skull is as good as four in that spot.
Old October 1st, 2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Anyway, I've found that I do a very similar thing with map playtesting, that I turn them into battle reports. For some more comments, state the map, the armies, and anything else like glyphs, etc. before hand, and have us "Predict the Victor."
I'll see to that next time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
And also, I realize I'm semi-hijacking your thread now, but I would suggest for playtesting purposes, to refrain from using pit trap on maps, because 1. It is not very popular in tournaments and 2. You should be rewarded for going low to claim a glyph. It's pretty bad being on the second lowest level of the board, but to be unable to move, is horrible.

I've found that a good glyph pool is Defense +1, Move +2, and Initiative +8.
Pit Trap was most definitely not a welcome glyph on this map. We randomly drew two Glyphs, somehow Pit Trap got into our pile. I didn't know it was there till my Hound stepped on it in round 1--luckily I had another Hound right there to help him out next turn. The other Glyph ended up being Initiative +8, but it didn't see much use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Nice report!

Maybe Dennis had his 460 point army all planned out, but he forgot that Sonya wasn't included in Cyprien's cost?
My thoughts exactly.
Quote:
Very poor play with Cyprien by Dennis. He didn't even take height advantage on the hounds when he had the chance (Don't forget to move!).
In Dennis' defense, he is still rather new to the game (like within a month or so). He's learned quickly (and gotten really into it as well), but I didn't think that was a wise choice on his part either. But knowing of Cyprien's potential deadliness (especially with Ne-Gok-Sa to worry about keeping alive), I wasn't about to inform him of this... Towards the end of the game though, he kept saying "I should've waited with Cyprien!" so at least he learned his lesson.

And about him not grabbing Height, it wasn't the best choice, but he was expecting to take out the Pit-Trapped Hound, and when it got off the Glyph I swarmed him. He didn't really have time at that point.
Quote:
The stinger drain roll was bad luck, but also unnecessary. Just go with 3A, especially when you're just hoping for a whiff from the agents anyway. One skull is as good as four in that spot.
I didn't even think about not using Stinger Drain--when I couldn't pull off a kill the turn before, two of my roll had been 0 skulls, so I was worried about having more skulls that time. But, I see your point.

Thanks for the comments guys, I should have some more to post this weekend!

Old October 1st, 2009, 05:20 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
about him not grabbing Height, it wasn't the best choice, but he was expecting to take out the Pit-Trapped Hound, and when it got off the Glyph I swarmed him. He didn't really have time at that point.
Cyprien has stealth flying. Just before the line "Cyprien strikes back with Chilling Touch, but his attack on the remaining Hounds fails", Cyprien could have leapfrogged the hounds, and moved to the high point on the other side of the two elevated hounds.
Old October 1st, 2009, 05:37 PM

You're right, I didn't think about that. Luckily, neither did Dennis! ;D

Old October 1st, 2009, 08:47 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Nice battle. I like the nice and neat setup of the report. +rep!
Old October 1st, 2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
Nice battle. I like the nice and neat setup of the report. +rep!
Thanks! A lot work went into making it, but I think it was worth it, it turned out great.

And I like your avatar--would that be Tenerence Love that I'm seeing?

Old October 2nd, 2009, 06:33 AM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Yes it his, at his famous pose of "remainder 3"

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports