Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:26 PM

armiller2015 is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Arkmer

Great elf wizard for just 50 point! Ranged, high attack, and if you put him in the front of your army, with Kyntella and some WoA next to him, he can be very durable and beat down the opposition before they can attack. In games I've played, he provides great flexibility when you don't use both Johrdawn and Chardris. If I'm playing 500 points, I usually run:

Ulginesh - 150
Arkmer - 200
Emiroon - 280
Kyntella Gwyn - 300
Chardris/Johrdawn - 390/400
Warriors of Ashra x2 - 500
Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:31 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

I use a similar army except for a small change.
Ulginesh 150
Arkmer 200
Emiroon 280
KG 300
Chardris 390
Acolarh 500

Place Emiroon adjacent to Acolarh and give him a dash to start, then summon the other elves up. Usually works well... to start at least. But the elves inevitable collapse.

Wright State Raider since 2014.
Trade List 8/15/14
Sculpt Polls!
Old May 15th, 2013, 05:30 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Arkmer is an essential part of any elves army. He is cheap, he is strong, he has range and he has protection both with his engagement strike and his defense bonus when adjacent to elves. His only flaw is his low life point.
All that is great, really, but it is not all. A typical elfves strategy would be to take high ground and let the other player come through a rain of flamme (Chardris, Jorhdawn, Arkmer). But what if the opposing team have better range than you ? Thanks to Arkmer, it is very unlikely, by using the hidden power on arkmer card : Arkmer Yoyo.

Arkmer Yoyo is a technics every elves player should know. It allow Arkmer to outrange any figure in the game (but deadeye dan, you get the same range than him), basically forcing the opponent to attacks you where you are. You need Arkmer, Ulginesh and Emiroon to make it (but any elves heroes army will have them). Put an order marker on Ulginesh (as you should nearly always do), and begins by activating Arkmer. Rush forward with him (5 move) and strike (range 5, giving a total range of 10, even to deadeye dan !). Arkmer is the only elve striker with range AND an attack that don't depends of having friendly elfes adjacent. Then activate Emiroon with Ulginesh, and bring back Arkmer to security.

This technic has a flaw, if you fail the summoning back by Emiroon, Armer is all alone and will most likely falls. But it can save you from situation where high range opponent figure would force you to move your elves out of their high location, and it can also forces your opponent to attack you sooner than he would want (instead of slow rolling all his force just outside of your threat range, etc). The flaw can be reduced by the additional use of Haduc (C3V figure) who boost Emiroon D20.

This technics, combined with very good stats and powers for a cheap price tag make Arkmer invaluable in an elf heroes army.

The army I like to use at 500 :

Ulginesh : 150
Emiroon : 230
KG : 250
Arkmer : 300
That is the ultimate base of any elf heroes army. you cannot skip Ulginesh and Emiroon. KG and Arkmer are too good for their price to skip also.
Then, depending of the opponent, you can add any 2 from Chardris (hero killer), Jorhdawn (mass killer), Morsbane (if really annoying powers on opponent side, like Werewof lord ! fear them !) or Acolarh (if needed to rush Emiroon to the right place at turn 1). Syvaris is also an option, but harder to manage, order marker wise. Another option is 2x Ashra Warrior or 1x Ashra Warrior + Theracus (once again, to move Emiroon quickly, and then use him as a shield). C3V also provide Haduc as a viable option. Elf Heroes army is a toolbox army. choose your tools wisely
I usually go with Chardris + Jorhdawn to max fire power and elf magicians synergies.
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:48 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Arkmer
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 4th, 2018, 09:42 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Played yet another game with a 700 point elf army today, against a friend who put together a fairly respectable utgar army. I ended up winning with a lot still on the board, but it strikes me that Arkmer ALWAYS shines. He did at least twice his points in damage before he got his head bit off by Grimnak. And every other time I have fielded him competitively he has been an absolute mvp.

For 50 points, he is one of my favorite all-around elf wizards.

He is a solid line of defense, AND one of the elves' best stand-alone can openers. With a range attack of 4, he is capable of dealing good damage to a tough opponent even if he gets separated from the pod somehow, which is something neither chardris or Jhordawn can do.

He usually is the first to go, not because he is weak, but because he is always on the frontline and always a unit that opponents get quickly irritated at.

Even if you are not playing a wizard army, for 70 points you can make a decent beatstick with him and kyntela. She essentially boosts his defense by 2. a 4/4 unit with 5 range and 3 life is a steal for 50 points, imo.
Old November 11th, 2023, 01:18 AM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was musing about the name of Arkmer's staff, Lerkintin today while being really indecisive over what army to bring to tomorrow's tournament. To me it seemed to have an anagrammatic ring to it.

Now this may seem like a stretch, but considering how the staff works and Ulginesh's "Mind Link" power, I can't help but assume the Staff of Lerkintin has been a sneaky Staff of 'Interlink' all along...
Old November 11th, 2023, 09:15 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
I was musing about the name of Arkmer's staff, Lerkintin today while being really indecisive over what army to bring to tomorrow's tournament. To me it seemed to have an anagrammatic ring to it.

Now this may seem like a stretch, but considering how the staff works and Ulginesh's "Mind Link" power, I can't help but assume the Staff of Lerkintin has been a sneaky Staff of 'Interlink' all along...

Well... you're not wrong. I bet somebody had one of these lying around as inspiration for his name, power, and color:

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units