Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 22nd, 2018, 08:33 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Also played Dungeon Petz . Cat Scaper and I loved it, LoB, not so much.
I *love* Dungeon Petz. Haven't played in ages because nobody will play with me, but it's one of the treasure I won't part with.
How close is Dungeon Petz to Dungeon Lords? I love Dungeon Lords and have often thought about picking up Petz, but was unsure.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old February 22nd, 2018, 08:56 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Got my zombicide green horde core box today not even a week from getting rising sun. Looks like im going to have to try out all my black plague stuff with green horde. Did a massive zombicide black plague game the other night with all the utah scapers and some Idaho scapers before a tourney the next day.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 22nd, 2018, 09:12 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Also played Dungeon Petz . Cat Scaper and I loved it, LoB, not so much.
I *love* Dungeon Petz. Haven't played in ages because nobody will play with me, but it's one of the treasure I won't part with.
How close is Dungeon Petz to Dungeon Lords? I love Dungeon Lords and have often thought about picking up Petz, but was unsure.
I'd played Petz first, and I was excited to play Lords. I finally got the chance, at GenCon and demo'ed in the Czech Games room, and I didn't like it at all. I've heard a couple of critics talk about how much they prefer Petz to Lords, and I agree with them completely.

They're both thematic euro worker placement games, but Petz delivers both a more fun game experience and a better incorporation of the whimsical theme into the game itself.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 23rd, 2018, 01:11 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Guess I'll be looking into Petz then. And my FLGS happens to have a copy on the shelf...

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old February 24th, 2018, 11:46 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Man, a local game store advertised on their Facebook page that they were selling Rising Sun sets for $100. It comes with all of the kickstarter extras. I was so tempted to do it because this game looks so awesome. I have managed to resist it because it is a 3+ player game and I wouldn't be able to play it very often. I was just surprised that the kickstarter stuff was for sale. I thought that once the kickstart was over you couldn't get these items. Is this common with CMON and their kickstarter games?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old February 24th, 2018, 12:18 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Man, a local game store advertised on their Facebook page that they were selling Rising Sun sets for $100. It comes with all of the kickstarter extras. I was so tempted to do it because this game looks so awesome. I have managed to resist it because it is a 3+ player game and I wouldn't be able to play it very often. I was just surprised that the kickstarter stuff was for sale. I thought that once the kickstart was over you couldn't get these items. Is this common with CMON and their kickstarter games?
Retailers were allowed to pledge in increments of 6 including Kickstarter items. Not all Kickstarters allow this.
Old February 24th, 2018, 06:54 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played my first game of Scythe solo against the Automa. I randomly chose factions with myself being Polania and the Automa taking Crimea. I also used the excellent ScytheKick app to help solve all the Automa movement for me, which was a huge help and well worth the cost of the app upgrade. I could see doing it manually eventually, but it saved me a ton of time.

The game itself was interesting. The Automa can move and spread very quickly once it gets the ability to cross water. I played the easiest setting since it was my first attempt at solo play and was surprised by how overwhelmed I felt by the Automa boxing me in. I couldn't spread out nearly as much as I usually do against human opponents, and the Automa always seemed to have plenty of power to make combat a challenge. I did win two combats, but they were both ties, so I got lucky as the attacker.

Still stayed ahead on stars and pulled out a 72 - 62 win. Closer than I thought it would be, but like I said the Automa spread and held the factory at the end, so it was a tougher opponent than I anticipated on the easiest setting.
Old February 25th, 2018, 07:58 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Played my 7th and 8th games of Rising Sun. This is a just amazing game, and everyone who plays it wants to do it again. I've now tried every clan myself, and all of the additions and expansions except for Kami Unbound, which we'll add in soon.

Best of all, I've met and played with 5 new local gamers here in NYC who feel the same way through Boardgamegeek! I expect to meet 2 more next month. If you live nearby and want to join in, just PM me with your regular email, and I'll send you the March game date schedule in about a week, when I've firmed it up!

1. 4 PL Koi Clan (winner)
2. 4 PL Lotus
3. 4 Pl Bonsai
4. 5 PL Koi
5. 5 PL Lotus
6. 3 PL Lotus
7. 4 PL Turtle
8. 3 PL Dragonfly

Fox, Sun, and Moon, the expansion clans, have been each played twice now, and seem balanced and viable. We've used all of the additions and expansions except for Kami Unbound, (to be added soon), and every player count except 6. Tom Vassel of Dice Tower now has 5 minute videos up on Youtube for the expansions, and endorses them all.

Oh, and maybe someday I'll win a game!
Old February 25th, 2018, 02:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

How would you rank the different clans potential? I've only played the two games but it seemed to me that Fox Clan, Dragonfly Clan, & Turtle Clan were the top tier out of the 6 we had to choose from. I don't have the Sun & Moon clans.
Old February 25th, 2018, 05:57 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
How would you rank the different clans potential? I've only played the two games but it seemed to me that Fox Clan, Dragonfly Clan, & Turtle Clan were the top tier out of the 6 we had to choose from. I don't have the Sun & Moon clans.
Had this for a week now and still not getting to play yet. I hope it does not turn into another blood rage for me sitting on the shelf getting dusty.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 25th, 2018, 06:59 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Just played in our first Legendary League (Marvel deckbuilding game). We play 3 games per session. Losing a scenario is worth 1 league point, "drawing" is 2, and beating it is 3. The winner with the most victory points also gets +1 (for a total of 4 per game). I won all 3 of my games, so I currently lead the league with 12 points! It was just base set characters/villains, so nothing too crazy. In fact, the first game was designed to be easily beaten (Red Skull's a chump) and they didn't get too much more difficult from there. Even somehow managed to win the last game, even though I got stuck as the "Spider-Man guy" (drafted the web-slinger almost exclusively so he didn't clog up the HQ).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 25th, 2018, 07:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Had this for a week now and still not getting to play yet. I hope it does not turn into another blood rage for me sitting on the shelf getting dusty.
Unfortunately that is what has happened to me with Rum and Bones. I still have not played the second addition rules or figures, I think the first addition rules issues just pushed it into the back burner. Well that and the fact that I jsut buy too many games so the list of options now is pretty long. Blood Rage and now Rising Sun have both proved popular with my group and seemed to have earned a regular spot in the rotation. The nice thing about both is the 3 Ages/Seasons and you are done aspect of it. Even though is still takes us several hours to play a game, it is nice knowing when the end is coming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games