Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: Who deserves the big double u? (choose up to 3)
Sir Lancelot 7 46.67%
James MacDirk 2 13.33%
Thorik the Barbarian 6 40.00%
Practical Incarnation 3 20.00%
Morwyn Rhoderyk 2 13.33%
Xavier Lawson 4 26.67%
Alaric the Conqueror 3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 16th, 2017, 01:54 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
July Custom Competition Poll - ZETSUBO & FLAMESLAYER93 ROCK!

Another contest has come and gone, and we have... wait for it... A tie in who won!!! Thanks to a certain somebody voting for the wrong person. Don't fear though, there are plenty of prizes to go around.

Here are the winners:
@flameslayer93 's Sir Lancelot

@Zetsubo 's Thorik the Barbarian

Here are the lo- rest of the entries:

@obfuscatedhippo 's Xavier Lawson

@Apotheox 's Sir Adair

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

@Ninja Status 's Alaric the Conqueror

@TheAverageFan 's James MacDirk

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

@Sam 's Practical Incarnation

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

@Lazy Orang 's Morwyn Rhoderyk

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Bonding Options:
Spoiler Alert!

Vote Talley for Sir Adair:
Spoiler Alert!

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; August 1st, 2017 at 07:11 PM.
Old July 16th, 2017, 10:16 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: July Custom Competition Poll - Vote before July 30

Well, we got a late entry, and I'm a pushover so I always it. Any votes for Sir Adair should be PM'd to me. If you already used up your three goes and really think Adair is great, you can vote a fourth time for him. If you haven't used up your votes already, you do not get to do that.

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 17th, 2017, 12:45 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

A lot of Human Champions in this one. Good luck to everyone!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 17th, 2017, 04:16 AM

Sam knows what's in an order marker Sam knows what's in an order marker

If I'm reading this right, the bonding options for each are:

Sir Lancelot (Human Champion) bonds with Knights of Weston + MacDirk Warriors

James MacDirk (Human Champion) bonds with Knights of Weston + MacDirk Warriors

Thorik the Barbarian (Human Champion, Human Wild, Large Wild) bonds with Knights of Weston + Dreadgul Raiders + MacDirk Warriors + Death Chasers of Thesk

Practical Incarnation (Relentless, Utgar) bonds with Death Knights of Valkrill + can receive Ornak's Red Flag of Fury activations

Morwyn Rhoderyk (Human Champion, Dragon) bonds with Knights of Weston + Greenscale Warriors + MacDirk Warriors

Xavier Lawson (Human Champion) bonds with Knights of Weston + MacDirk Warriors

Alaric the Conquerer (Human Champion, Human Wild, Utgar) bonds with Dreadgul Raiders + Knights of Weston + MacDirk Warriors + can receive Ornak's Red Flag of Fury activations

Sir Adair (Human Champion) bonds with Knights of Weston + MacDirk Warriors

That aside, interesting to see that 7 of 8 are Human Champions, and none are Warlords!

Last edited by Sam; July 17th, 2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old July 17th, 2017, 01:01 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Looks like a cool set - I recall @infectedsloth making some interesting and insightful comments before, it would be interesting to see him do so again.

~ Lazy Orang, who doesn't want to do so herself as it wouldn't be fair to comment on her own, and not commenting on it would give it away.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 21st, 2017, 02:41 PM
On vacation...

I also really like when folks do a quick summary of each unit, but it looks like nobody has quite yet. So... In spite of it being a bit unorthodox, I think I'll do a little batch of summaries.

Sir Lancelot looks like a beautiful pick for a Knights/4'th Mass build. He could also work decently well with the MacDirks, but with 5 life he's only average as for Human Champions. Galloping Assault is really where this unit gets interesting, getting a potential move of 10 is immense (I believe the highest of any figure in the game, but it's not flying so that is more reasonable). As it reads, he always has attack 5, but I'm sure that's supposed to be if he started unengaged (or maybe when attacking a figure that was at least 4 clear sight spaces away at the start of this turn, from the Templars' card). Twin Spears means he'll wreck through squaddies, but not be too great against heroes (but even one attack of 6 is pretty decent there. I say 6 since it should be fairly easy to get height with 10 move).

James MacDirk is supposed to go into a Knight build, or a MacDirk build ...anyways, this guy looks like he'll make the MacDirks pretty great, against a melee army. Against range they will still struggle greatly. Surround Takedown requiring 2 opponent figures to be engaged with him after he attacks the first time makes it worlds more interesting, slashing at a hero and then smashing a squaddie seems to be the way to go with this cousin of Alastair. With 5 life he still isn't as great offensively for the MacDirks, but with his defense buff for them he certainly makes up for that (we all know how much it hurts for the Scotts to drop after one round of attacks from the Gruts).

Thorik the Barbarian takes all of the advantages he can with bonding options, but I would wager he was designed with the MacDirks in mind (again). His base stats are scary, Ferocious Battle Cry makes any squad with him scary, and adding Tiger Pounce into the mix means your opponents had better have some brown pants ready if you bring this barbarian to the table. Let's look at one situation in particular: you are engaged with a horde of Gruts, led by some Orc Champion. What do you do? Disengage, pounce on the champion, and place him in as strategic a place as possible. Then charge in with your MacDirks, who now have up to 3 (maybe more with multiple disengages) more attack than they started this turn with. Wowza. Why is this guy wild? He is definitely terrifying.

Practical Incarnation is a refreshing dose of non-champion goodness (evilness?). So Many Scars + 9 lives mean this guy's gonna stick around (chomp). Plus, if he gets blasted by some crazy attack, he can just wipe out a Death Knight instead. Neat. On top of that, you can relax a little bit with your Order Marker Management, since if your Death Knights get destroyed before taking that #3 turn, you can just moved that to Mr. Incarnation (at the cost of not healing at the end of the round). I must say, and I'm trying not to be biased here, that I really enjoy this guy. The inverted attack and defense from the Death Knights is also cute. Bring this guy with 5 sets of Death Knights and Isamu to a 500 point tournament and, well... You'll have a lot of Death Knights.

Morwyn Rhoderyk IT'S A DRAGON RIDER!!!!!!!!! Okay... I'm good. Nothing to see here. Just an excited Goomonkey. Now to discuss the actual unit. As for the stats, 6 life means she's another great pick for the MacDirks, but as a DRAGON RIDER she opens up the possibility for the Greenscales. Heroic Intervention means that you probably want to charge in with some other units before moving either of those squads in, that way she can get into the farce around the same time the squaddies do (or before, for the MacDirks, meaning their first round of attacks may already be buffed. Neat). Flame of Heroes means that the higher defense you're up against, the more likely you are to deal a wound. Probability Link. It also means, however, that Dymmir isn't gonna slash anybody that turn, but still definitely a great power against, say, Soulborgs.

Xavier Lawson looks like another great champion for the MacDirks. Sword of Flames will send unholy wretches running, and is also fairly effective on everyone else too, which is nice to see (Ana). His base stats are definitely cute, but I will hope that I have 30 points leftover for Eldgrim to run out and get himself killed. Shield of Holy Light is a great little power too, add Raelin into the mix and those baddies aren't gonna stand a chance.

Alaric the Conqueror looks very interesting to use. Since the second power specifies figures you control, I assume the first power specifically does not. That basically gives him Otonashi's Attack the Wild, but much much better. The move buff looks tricky to use though, since if he's bonding he's gonna move first... But, say you're running with Jotun and the Dreadgul's, that's gonna be loads of fun.

Sir Adair is another mounted masterpiece. Knight Leadership is a desperately needed power, and it has finally arrived. Sky Strike is super neat, but looks pretty tough to use. If you're running with the MacDirks though, it gets a little easier, since you won't feel so bad if you have to leave an engagement to get it to work. Move of 7 definitely makes this a reasonably usable power, but there are still a lot of maps that will be tricky to get to work. This guy looks like he'd be fun to use, but probably a bit tough to get his points worth.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 21st, 2017, 03:46 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I favor the following (in reverse order):

Sir Lancelot

James MacDirk

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Thorik the Barbarian

I'd play all of these with Kow over MacDirks. Thorik the Barbarian is by far the coolest. Human Warrior Defense Training is stupid good. Sir Adair's Knight Leadership (coupled with Sir Gilbert's Jandar's Dispatch) make the KoW move as though without armor, but this design isn't quite as elegant as Sir Lancelot, or as dangerous on its own. The other designs were a bit busy for me.

Old July 24th, 2017, 10:22 PM

Apotheox is surprisingly tart

Some quick thoughts/impressions on some of the entries.

Sir Lancelot
Galloping Assault states that he'll get +2 attack dice if he ends his move adjacent to an opponent's figure. Since he has a range of 1 and can choose to move 0 spaces, this means that he will always have the bonus when attacking and his base attack value might as well just be 5. If "moving 0 spaces" does not activate the bonus, then he would just have to move 1 space to get the bonus from Galloping Assault. Am I reading this correctly?

James MacDirk
I like the sculpt as a MacDirk warrior and the defense bonus will help them stand up to other melees, but he lacks the ability to wound himself and get instant value out of Highland Fury like Alastair does.

Alaric the Conqueror
It seems that with a base move of 5 and Berserker Charge, the Dreadguls will either outpace him or not be able to take advantage of their mobility so that they can keep boosting him. Since you move with Alaric first, any Dreadguls that were adjacent to him won't receive his movement bonus.
Old July 29th, 2017, 02:36 PM
On vacation...

Whoa, only one day left to vote! In fact, almost exactly one day left to vote, take half an hour. Let's see who gets to float around in Dr.G's signature until he remembers to update it a week into the next contest!

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 31st, 2017, 10:54 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

FYI:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya
I pushed vote for
Sir Lancelot
Xavier Lawson
Alaric the Conqueror

but meant to vote for James MacDirk instead of Sir Lancelot (still want to keep other two).

Only an admin can remove my vote, but use this tally in final voting if you can.
Old August 1st, 2017, 07:16 PM
On vacation...

Re: July Custom Competition Poll - ZETSUBO & FLAMESLAYER93 R

Wow, what a great contest. So much variety and yet so much similarity. I don't know how you guys managed to choose just one winner... Wait... You didn't. You chose two! Let's give them a couple rounds of applause.

@flameslayer93 's Sir Lancelot

@Zetsubo 's Thorik the Barbarian

Now if we could just get some clarification on when exactly Sir Lancelot is supposed to get 5 attack dice.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old August 1st, 2017, 08:07 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: July Custom Competition Poll - ZETSUBO & FLAMESLAYER93 R

That question has been eating away at me all month! It was heck trying not to answer. It's supposed to trigger when Lancelot isn't engaged at the start of his turn, kinda like how the Kozukes are. Sure, I think the Kozukes can take Engagement attacks, but that's usually not a solid play.

Great contest everyone! And congrats to Zetsubo! Thorik looks awesome!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; August 1st, 2017 at 08:10 PM. Reason: I certainly could have used better wording...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards