Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

View Poll Results: Which sport is the least entertaining?
golf 66 53.66%
tennis 5 4.07%
football 6 4.88%
soccer 10 8.13%
basketball 10 8.13%
aquatics (swimming/diving) 8 6.50%
figure skating 18 14.63%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 24th, 2007, 07:55 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman
Which sport is the least entertaing? While I have not had the opportunity to do any Curling, I think a number of you are giving it a bad rap. Curling would probably not be high on my list but it would be far from the bottom also. I know some people who actually are on a curling league and I think it may be fun to try. Enough about curling.

My vote for least entertaining sport would be: FISHING

Beat that for boring (least entertaining)! ... makes curling sound exciting.
Hunting could actually beat that. I don't do either, but at least you can fish when it's warm outside.

My vote was for soccer. I just can't see any thrill of seeing a ball get kicked back and forth. There is no physical play. If someone gets touched, they whine to the officials. At least with baseball, there could be beamings and bench clearing brawls. With soccer, the fans tend to get more violent than the players at least over in Europe.
Old April 24th, 2007, 09:33 PM

Garet Jaxx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I find that offensive because there is a lot more than kicking a ball. The skill used is incredible. There is a lot of physical contact. Sure not like football, but more than tennis, golf, swimming, and most other sports.

Garet Jaxx's Home, the official Heroscape Storage Site.
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:25 PM

geddy lifeson has disabled reputation
Why all the hatred for curling? When I was out of work for a month following surgery during the Winter Olympics, I found myself waiting for the next match...granted I was on a good amount of pain pills but I actually enjoyed it. I have since thought of becoming a professional curler and am looking for the remainder of my team. I do have numerous types of brooms and access to rocks of all kinds as well as a decent amount of alcohol. If I were somewhere other than Texas it might just work.

You can surrender without a prayer, but never really pray without surrender
You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win without a fight
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!
Now there's Fishing and then there's fishin'

If you're fishing you actually expect to catch something, so there's the spirit of the hunt about you...

If you're fishin' then you're in a boat with a line cast, while the portable radio has the baseball game on.....

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys
Now there's Fishing and then there's fishin'

If you're fishing you actually expect to catch something, so there's the spirit of the hunt about you...

If you're fishin' then you're in a boat with a line cast, while the portable radio has the baseball game on.....
Some old coworkers fishin' trip involved sneaking a few frozen fish from a previous fishing trip into the cooler, heading to Nevada, and returning with fish in hand. "Hey, look at what we caught!"
Old April 25th, 2007, 05:03 PM

Garet Jaxx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
For me, fishing and hunting are just the sort of thing you should do instead of watch.

Garet Jaxx's Home, the official Heroscape Storage Site.
Old April 25th, 2007, 05:58 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
one word for you...CURLING....nuff said
Too true. I was about to write in for that when I saw your post. Most boring sport ever....to play or to watch.
Old April 25th, 2007, 08:30 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Poker, NASCAR(Curtasy of markwars, Baseball, and....... Bowling!!!
Bowling is very fun to play, but watching it is sooooooo boring. Yeah, it's cool to see guys always hit strikes, but once they get 10 strikes in a row you feel like you're gonna fall asleep. Now I'm *yawn* sleepy just talking about it.
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:05 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Bowling… good choice for honorable mention … but come on I already posted FISHING. At least the ball rolling down lane offers a little suspense before it hits a pin and watching the pins fly and spin has to be better than…. WATCHING SOME GUY STANDING UP IN A BOAT HOLDING A STICK WAITING FOR A FISH TO BITE.
As far as I can tell the highlight of the show is reeling in a fish…. How exciting can that be or am I missing something?

My vote with out a doubt is still FISHING.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:15 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
You want to talk about boring? How about waiting for a pitcher to throw the ball for like ten minutes only see him throw a ball. Most of the time when I watch baseball I always find myself screaming, "throw the dang ball already!"

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:28 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Professional pool is pretty boring as well.
Old April 25th, 2007, 11:11 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
Where's the choice that says "All of Them", because that's what I would have said. :P

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media