Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 2nd, 2010, 06:40 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: IslandScape 2010 - Long Island NY

Ona: Thanks for putting shadow on one board, although I don't think that's enough to seriously encourage the Drow to participate.

JackofHearts: to see what the NYC group is up to, check out General Section/The Importance of Drafting.

510 Points? Who's the wise guy? (Its probably a Gencon Thing).
Old June 17th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: IslandScape 2010 - Long Island NY

Sorry I haven't posted anything about IslandScape in a while everyone. We actually had to address a couple of conflicts that had threatened to cancel the event. As it stands now we are definitely still on for July 10th, however we need to change the format slightly from what we had hoped to run.

Instead of the originally announced, 5 round swiss style tournament, we are instead doing a single elimination bracket. You'll be randomly paired with an opponent at the start of the day. If you win you advance, if you loose, well, then you'll just hang out and play some more great games for the fun of it.

So that means, for the losers, this will turn into more of an open game day instead of a structured tournament. However, as far as I'm concerned, the main point of having a Heroscape game day in the first place is to play for the fun of it, hang out, grab some lunch together, meet new people, have a lot of laughs, etc. If we accomplish all of that then I will consider it a success and a great day!

There is still no cost to participate. However we do need everyone's help with the maps. To participate in the tournament you will need to bring with you on game day any one of the 10 approved maps. (Note that if you are coming with a friend then we really only need one map between the two of you. If you are coming with 3 or 4 people then we'd need two maps from you.)

If you could pre-build your map(s) it would be great. I know some of you are arriving by train so this will be difficult to do. Just bring the pieces and we'll slap it together that morning. Or let me know in advance and I'll try to help you out on my end.

The first post has some additional information that you might want to read through.

Looking forward to July 10th!
Old June 18th, 2010, 11:36 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: New Information added! IslandScape 2010 - Long Island NY

We will still be there
Old June 19th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: New Information added! IslandScape 2010 - Long Island NY

Cool.

With the addition of Mogrebla we're now up to 16 players!
Old June 20th, 2010, 10:22 PM
has been BANNED

Re: New Info added! IslandScape July 10, 2010 - Long Island

Just a quick question...did we change the format only because Warbanner will not be there to run things?

If that is the case then I will be more than happy to track the Swiss format.
Old June 21st, 2010, 09:38 AM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Just a quick question...did we change the format only because Warbanner will not be there to run things?

If that is the case then I will be more than happy to track the Swiss format.
PM sent.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 03:35 PM

Tim Sweeney is surprisingly tart

I am hoping my oldest 3 sons and I can make it, we were there last year.
Tim Sweeney
Andrew Sweeney
Joseph Sweeney
Patrick Sweeney

I'll know for sure by the end of next week
Old June 25th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Sweeney View Post
I am hoping my oldest 3 sons and I can make it, we were there last year.
Tim Sweeney
Andrew Sweeney
Joseph Sweeney
Patrick Sweeney

I'll know for sure by the end of next week
That's great! Let us know!
Old June 28th, 2010, 07:00 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Grish:

There has been some discussion among the NYC gang about who is attending, which is still going on. I will not be there this year myself.

While I don't want to speak for others finally, it looks right now that Sherman Davies will be there, but not Kolakoski, history_dude, or Jackofhearts. Taeblewalker and his two guests intend to go as of yesterday; I'm sure he'll let you know if he changes this.

Have a fun day out there!

Chas
Old June 28th, 2010, 10:00 AM

Tim Sweeney is surprisingly tart

Called and talked to my Aunt & Uncle who we stay with when visiting my grandmother who lives in Hicksville, they are free for a visit, so my oldest 3 sons and I will take time out on Saturday to be there and have some fun playing heroscape. Thanks for hosting the tournament guys, very nice of you.
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:12 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Are we still adding reinforcements mid day?

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:13 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysto2002 View Post
Are we still adding reinforcements mid day?
It's Grish's call.

I offered to run the tournament in its original 5 round format for him. Under the single elimination format I dont think it would be used.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events