Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old January 5th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
MSNBC's Idea of 'Skilled'

Now, I don't mean to bag on fast food workers, but honestly, can we call them 'Skilled Workers'??
Old January 5th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Well, if I had to head to the back of Taco Bell and prepare my own Grilled-Stuffed Burrito, I certainly wouldn't be skilled enough to achieve the 'Run-For-The-Border' goodness I'm used to!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old January 5th, 2007, 02:59 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
they cook your food,its taste the same always,deal with jerks all day.if they made $17.75 an hour and still did the same job it would be considered an art form.i dont work at a fast food chain and would not want to but i would never knock there job because they don't make crazy money they work like everyone else and you have to respect that.

ˇdn sʇɐɥʍ
Old January 5th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
they cook your food,its taste the same always,deal with jerks all day.if they made $17.75 an hour and still did the same job it would be considered an art form.i dont work at a fast food chain and would not want to but i would never knock there job because they don't make crazy money they work like everyone else and you have to respect that.
As I said,
I am not disrespecting them. I just don't consider it skilled work, no matter the pay scale.

Plasterers, finish painters, mechanics, chefs (not short order cooks), etc.: these I consider skilled. It takes skill to accomplish the task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextrip
Well, if I had to head to the back of Taco Bell and prepare my own Grilled-Stuffed Burrito, I certainly wouldn't be skilled enough to achieve the 'Run-For-The-Border' goodness I'm used to!
Oh, I think you could follow the flow chart as well as they do, the 16 year old goth kid they hired today does it, so can you.
Old January 5th, 2007, 03:28 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
They are not Fast Food workers, they are Deep Fryer Engineers.
Old January 5th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Cavalier's right. While I honor the hard work and lousy pay, there's a reason McDonalds used to hire retarded people.
Old January 5th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro
Cavalier's right. While I honor the hard work and lousy pay, there's a reason McDonalds used to hire retarded people.
Their upper management has to start somewhere....

Newb.
Old January 5th, 2007, 03:44 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
They are not Fast Food workers, they are Deep Fryer Engineers.
Yeah, and Subway hires "Sandwich Artists".

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General