Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old August 16th, 2009, 09:27 AM

Troubleman23 has disabled reputation
Re: Unbelievable Wins and Losses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Simple.
Undead army against Samurai and the little ninja that could.

I was up against the entire vampire clan and a bunch of zombies, With the various Samurai figures. After two rounds I was down to 2 Tag samurai, and Isamu, and had only killed the retchs. It looked bleak. My Samurai however mowed down the zombies, Marcu and Irska. Then Cyp took them both out. It looked Bleak one ninja agaist a couple of Happily married full health Vampires.

Cyp thought he could finish it fast. He thought wrong. Vanishing at every attack Isamu made his way to the attack +1 glyph. That ninja kept dogding until it was all over. Sonya's heart broken she welcomed the Ninja's blade.
Well when I read this it remided me of a battle I had using basicaly the same army.

I had:
all Esenweins
Rechets
2x zombies.

He had:
Minutemen x2
KoW x2
Gilbert
Denrick
and some filler I don't remeber

We played on a relatively small map to. And that was when I realized I had no range. They were speedy but not speedy enough to get past the destruction of "wait and fire" It came down to 3 zombies and marcu against nearly his entire army. The zombies didn't revive anyone, and Marcu started to hate me and did my opponents bidding for a turn courteous of an 18 on the d20. So Marcu moved close to the minutemen and got wait then fired. Then the zombies died. It wasn't a close match at all. I killed maybe 4 or 5 figures? less? But it was truely an amazing victory.

If you are interested in winning free stuff, please PM me, no joke, you know you want to!
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:44 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In a mini tournament on my birthday I was playing my brother. the armies were...

Vydar is the man

Major Q9
Krav Maga Agents
Laglor
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RotV)
Marro Warriors

Awesome Sujoah

Braxas
Brunak
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RotV)
2x Marro Stingers

We were playing on a small field much like Swamp thing. He wins inititive and moves out Braxas. She gasses all 3 of my Krav on the first turn. I lose Om's 1 and 2. His #2 was on Brunak who carried out Raelin. His #3 was on Braxas again and she gassed a lone Marro. Then I move out Q9 and put 2 wounds on his Raelin.

Next round he wins inititive again and Braxas gasses 2 more marro. My Q9 then Kills his Raelin. Now I'm thinking "I have 3 heroes left, he can't gass them all". Man was I wrong! He moves Braxas and engages Laglor, Raelin, and the last MW. He gasses. For the MW he rolls a 16. For Laglor, a 20. And for Raelin... 20!!! "WTF" He, being 8 years old is squealing in delight and I'm staring in disbelif. Fortunately I only lose my X marker. I shoot at Braxas with my Q9 inflicting 5 wounds. Braxas flies over and attacks, but I defend. Q9 Quiglexes Braxas for 3 wounds, Silencing the black dragon.

I win Inititive finnally and with Q9 I inflict 2 wounds on Brunak. He retaliates and I take a wound. Brunak falls to a point blank Quiglex shot and I skip my 3rd turn because his stingers were out of range.

The fourth round was a bloodbath. He wins inititive and moves in the stingers. I Quiglex them killing 2. He moves up more and with the one in range he inflicts 1 wound with the help of stinger drain. I kill 3 more with Q9 and the last one fails a stinger drain.

I won thanks to Q9 but Braxas was the MVP for the game.

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old August 17th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I start off the game with:

Nilfheim
KMA
Venoc Warlord
Q9
Tarns

My friend has:

Marro Hive
2x Stingers
1x Drudge
Su-Bak-Na
Brunak
Syvaris

I can't remember what else I had in my army, maybe that was all I had, but only one figure did a damn thing all game so it hardly matters what it was.

The game starts out with Brunak carrying Syvaris to height and somehow he kills all 3 of my Krav in 2 OMs with Syvaris. I couldn't roll 1 defense die. Pathetic.

His drudge and a stinger or two die by the hand of Q9, meanwhile Su-Bak-Na is creeping around the side of the map and the tarns are moving to hold su-bak-na down, hopefully allowing Nilfheim and Q9 to safely gun him down. Unfortunately, my friend places his OMs on the stingers and slaughters Q9 in one OM, again due to my pathetic dice rolling. The tarns also get slaughtered at the hand of both SBN and the Stingers.

At this point it is Nilfheim and Venoc, both at full health, against The Hive, SBN (full health, my tarns just kinda bounced off him), 3 stingers, and Brunak and Syvaris, full health.

Nilfheim sits on a hill while my friend's bad OM placement allows me to take two shots with Ice Shard at SBN, the second killing him. The only decent dice rolling I did all day.

With SBN taken care of, Nilfheim moves to the middle of the map. A stinger dies, only to have one rebirthed, which then dies due to a bad stinger drain roll. I fly up and Ice Shard Syvaris and 2 stingers. syvaris takes a hit or two and a stinger dies. My friend rebirths another stinger. I take a hit or two. Syvaris then dies, along with another stinger. Stingers (forget how many there are at this point, he may have gotten a rebirth) do some damage to Nilfheim, who then one-shots Brunak with a mighty attack of 7. Nilfheim has 4-5 hits on him by the time he gets to the hive. My friend has one stinger left.

The stinger and the hive get Ice Sharded, Hive takes a hit or two and the stinger dies. We are left with Nilfy with 4-5 hits vs the Hive with 5 life left. Hive takes 3 hits. But rebirths a stinger. I could engage the stinger or move around and use Ice Shard, but I chose to attack the hive in hopes of ending it here. I do kill the hive, but the stinger finishes Nilfheim off. Nilfheim fought bravely (read - went on a berserk killing rampage) and killed easily twice his points worth. Now all that is left is a stinger and Venoc Warlord, who through all that is now one move away from the Stinger. The stinger puts a wound on Venoc, but Venoc closes the gap with his massive move and delivers a final blow.

I may have started the game off pathetically, but the gloves came off and Nilfheim went crazy for me. My friend could not believe what had happened. Neither could I
Old August 17th, 2009, 08:46 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't know if this really belongs here, or is worth mentioning, but I had Eldgrim in my army the other day. He had 1/3 wounds on him. I made a suicide run with him right into molten lava. I rolled a 20. CRAP!!!! And then I used his overextend ability, right into another molten lava space. He burned like he should've the fist time. It was really funny though.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 18th, 2009, 10:14 AM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

End of a game I had ROTV Raelin with a wound or two and two figures of the 10th Foot. My opponant had Q9 with one wound. He is also standing on the wound glyph. I move towards him with the 10th but can only get one of them in range, though he does get the height advantage. I roll three skulls. The Q9 player rolls seven skulls!!!

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old August 18th, 2009, 10:48 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Upshaw View Post
End of a game I had ROTV Raelin with a wound or two and two figures of the 10th Foot. My opponant had Q9 with one wound. He is also standing on the wound glyph. I move towards him with the 10th but can only get one of them in range, though he does get the height advantage. I roll three skulls. The Q9 player rolls seven skulls!!!
Nice! I bet you were happy that day.

Old August 18th, 2009, 11:33 AM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Well to tell you the truth, I was much more shocked than happy. 10 dice all rolling skulls was just a little to much for me to process. We both just kinda looked at the dice for a moment and then said good game. We both knew that barring a result like that he had me in an activation or two.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well to tell you the truth, I was much more shocked than happy. 10 dice all rolling skulls was just a little to much for me to process. We both just kinda looked at the dice for a moment and then said good game. We both knew that barring a result like that he had me in an activation or two.
Staring blankly at the results of dice roll happens to me and tuba a lot.

Old August 18th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Staring blankly at the results of dice roll happens to me and tuba a lot.
Same at my house. Blankly staring at the dice, sometimes asking "Is this a joke?" Or just a "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...." followed by "not (unit's name)!!!!!"
Old August 21st, 2009, 03:05 PM

Knight of Feylund is surprisingly tart

I don't remember the exact armies but here's how it went. I had 2 squads of zombies and my brother had a dumetef guard and mimring left. My zombies met his army and used zombie onslaught to kill mim. Then I had 1 squad of zombies left. Dumetef guard attacked and it was blocked. ZOMBIE ONSLAUGHT!!!!! I rolled a perfect 6 so dumetef died.
Old August 21st, 2009, 03:55 PM

Panopticon knows what's in an order marker Panopticon knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Feylund View Post
I don't remember the exact armies but here's how it went. I had 2 squads of zombies and my brother had a dumetef guard and mimring left. My zombies met his army and used zombie onslaught to kill mim. Then I had 1 squad of zombies left. Dumetef guard attacked and it was blocked. ZOMBIE ONSLAUGHT!!!!! I rolled a perfect 6 so dumetef died.
Nevermind, I read '2 squads of zombies' as '2 zombies'... I need glasses.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 02:38 PM

F4thor is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

On one occasion my friend managed to soul devour Nilfheim with his last shade, which was also he last figure. He didn't win, but it was surely annoying.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles