Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old May 22nd, 2019, 12:21 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

The fact that the figures are modded and painted really kills their SoV potential, but I love the design.

I'm interpreting Scy's post as a withdrawal (as the unit creator), but otherwise consider this a .
Old May 22nd, 2019, 06:58 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

If you delve into the old Scytaleverse event, you will see that I found the Catalan Mercs to be one of the more cheese-able designs Scytale has. that said, that was pretty dependent on the hero (Rutgar Van Blum) who makes running 5 squads of the mercs a lot less risky. Without the hero the risk probably keeps you from spamming too many.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 04:49 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Soontir Van has passed United Fanscape Review and moves forward in the process.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 05:51 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Damn...well, it is what it is. Didn't realize the figure disqualification, I've been glossing over the figures Scytale uses and had in my head that these were just 4 D&D Miniatures figs, my bad.

This is still one of my favorite designs ever and will gladly nominate it if it was acceptable. If down the road this squad is changed to use different figures so that they're SoV approvable (up to Scytale obviously) - that has my vote. But if not that's cool too.

I might still nominate something else but I'd have to think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
If you delve into the old Scytaleverse event, you will see that I found the Catalan Mercs to be one of the more cheese-able designs Scytale has. that said, that was pretty dependent on the hero (Rutgar Van Blum) who makes running 5 squads of the mercs a lot less risky. Without the hero the risk probably keeps you from spamming too many.
Yeah I was worried Rutgar makes them too good, so I didn't want to nominate him. Catalanx5+Rutgar with ~180 to spare is a bit overboard, you can do a lot with 180. Or Catalan x4 and ~220.

But with only the Catalan I think they're much more balanced, and more interesting. You can spam a lot of them but there's a perpetual risk.

Last edited by Cleon; May 24th, 2019 at 03:24 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 08:40 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yeah, too bad availability kills it. Cut and Run is a great mercenary power.
Old May 24th, 2019, 07:07 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

If you could find suitable minis there may be a chance, but as Leaf said, that’s unlikely.
Old May 25th, 2019, 01:32 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

If you try to find replacement minis, just go for 3 figures, and cut the cost to 30. It will make it much more manageable.
Old May 27th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

It's really up to Scytale, it's his custom. And I'm cool with whatever he chooses to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
If you try to find replacement minis, just go for 3 figures, and cut the cost to 30. It will make it much more manageable.
I prefer the 4-squad but a 3-squad at 30 still works, it's basically the same points at least. You can still do 21 figs at 210 points, which is nearly the same as 20 figs at 200 points (and 18 at 180pt. compared to 16 at 160pt., etc.). The 4-squad is better of course. But if a 3-squad is easier for an SoV custom, so be it.
Old May 28th, 2019, 12:17 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Spoiler Alert!

All of these figure are Common or Uncommon from the latest two releases of Pathfinder and D&D minis. Given that these guys are Mercs, I wouldn't expect them to look that similar.

Bottom half figures are 20+ available from Miniature market, probably more on other sites too if you have a look around.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Last edited by superfrog; May 29th, 2019 at 12:24 PM. Reason: put all those images in a spoiler so as to not clutter the thread
Old May 28th, 2019, 02:42 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Thanks for sharing, Kinseth! Let's move this discussion to a more appropriate thread; perhaps Scytale's custom thread?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 29th, 2019, 12:21 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Love seeing another Scytale design get nominated. His thread is a treasure trove of amazing designs. I'd love to see more of them get through SoV as I already own many of them. The problem though is exactly the problem encountered here - figure availability. I bet many designs could benefit from finding alternate miniatures though. Keep at it!
Old May 30th, 2019, 05:34 PM
This is merely a joke.

If you're planning to submit an application to be a judge, that is due tomorrow as a PM to Scytale.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs