Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 19th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Ronin Samurai. My first custom.

So I thought I'd take a shot at some customs. This one is in text format only. I'm not quite sure how to get the card blanks and do photo's and all that. Technology excapes me. If I can get a photo uploaded than perhaps one of you fine folks could do a card for me. These are just repaints of the Izumi Samurai.

Ronin Samurai
Ullar

Human
Unique Squad
Samurai
Tricky
Medium 5

Life 1
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defence 5
Cost 60

Counter strike-
When rolling def. dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, all excess sheilds count as unblockable hits hits on the attacker. This does not work against other samurai.

Bought off-
Before taking a turn with the Ronin Samurai, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 1 or 2, Ronin Samurai may not move or attack this turn.

I had these guys fight for Ullar to represent the fact that the Ronin were mercenarys. I feel that the Bought Off special also represents this well. I'd love some feedback on these guys. Thanks.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Last edited by clancampbell; February 19th, 2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old February 19th, 2009, 02:20 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker
Re: Ronin Samurai. My first custom.

sounds cool. theyd still work with Kato too, which is nice.
Old February 19th, 2009, 02:30 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Since a ronin is a samurai with no master I think the bought off ability (or weakness) is very thematic.

There are others more capable than I, but I am willing to help with the card if you need me to.
Old February 19th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not bad, CC. Since they're pretty much just Izumi Samurai with an added weakness, though, I'd reduce their cost to 55 or 50...

Also, I made an attempt at a ronin warrior on my customs thread (see link in sig). I actually classed him as "ronin" and then gave him an ability called black counterstrike (basically it works against samurai, but since my fig is a ronin, theirs also works against him). But I like that you've classed them as samurai. That works well, too.

As far as allegiance, if they're not gonna be Einar, I'd give them to Utgar or Vydar. Utgar, seems to have all the back-stabbing units so they'd fit thematically with him...

Oh, and presentation is everything. An actual custom card (or pics of the figs would go a long way towards getting anyone to give a crap about this thread...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old February 19th, 2009, 03:19 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

It's certainly not bad, but how could they be? They're just "tricky" Izumi with 1 more attack and a slim chance to fail on a 1-2 d20 roll. Not sure what else to say.

I think the point value should actually be a bit higher, perhaps 70 (for the switch to 'tricky' and extra attack).

Not meant to discourage, there's just not much to them.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old February 19th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Since a ronin is a samurai with no master I think the bought off ability (or weakness) is very thematic.

There are others more capable than I, but I am willing to help with the card if you need me to.
Thanks for the kind words and the offer, I'll try to get a pic up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Not bad, CC. Since they're pretty much just Izumi Samurai with an added weakness, though, I'd reduce their cost to 55 or 50...

Also, I made an attempt at a ronin warrior on my customs thread (see link in sig). I actually classed him as "ronin" and then gave him an ability called black counterstrike (basically it works against samurai, but since my fig is a ronin, theirs also works against him). But I like that you've classed them as samurai. That works well, too.

As far as allegiance, if they're not gonna be Einar, I'd give them to Utgar or Vydar. Utgar, seems to have all the back-stabbing units so they'd fit thematically with him...

Oh, and presentation is everything. An actual custom card (or pics of the figs would go a long way towards getting anyone to give a crap about this thread...

Brandon
I thought about the points, and how they are basically the izumi samurai. However I gave these guys a 3 attack, where the izumis have 2. So that coupled with the drawback, I feel put these guys even with the izumis.
I put them in Ullar just to throw him a bone, Ullar is so under-represented. IMHO.
I really do wish I could make those nice custom cards, but, like I said in my first post, I'm not that tech savy.

Old February 19th, 2009, 03:58 PM

Q9 Kid Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
True, but they do have one more attack

Old February 19th, 2009, 05:45 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How much move do these guys have?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old February 19th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwing17 View Post
It's certainly not bad, but how could they be? They're just "tricky" Izumi with 1 more attack and a slim chance to fail on a 1-2 d20 roll. Not sure what else to say.

I think the point value should actually be a bit higher, perhaps 70 (for the switch to 'tricky' and extra attack).

Not meant to discourage, there's just not much to them.
No discouragement taken. I purposely played it safe with these guys. Do you feel the chance of failure should be higher on the special?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
How much move do these guys have?
Fixed.

Old February 19th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh, yeah, I guess I missed that extra attack die...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old February 19th, 2009, 09:32 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

I think it should be the same value as the stingers. 1-4. its still a small chance, but still risky.
Old February 20th, 2009, 11:13 PM

Jorundr Shieldcrusher is surprisingly tart

very creative idea

Ninjas beat pirates but Vikings beat all.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards