Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 17th, 2009, 01:50 AM

Yaish knows what's in an order marker Yaish knows what's in an order marker
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2009

I haven't heard back yet, so I have to conclude either KotM isn't coming, or found another ride.

See you all there!
Old October 17th, 2009, 02:26 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know I'm looking forward to getting up there and playing against you all (especially Hextr1p, I need to avenge last year's loss ), I'm sure I speak for Wukie and my brother, the SD carpool is pumped.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old October 17th, 2009, 02:40 AM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

Yay! @ last minute army building and the realization that I have yet another distinction that doesn't seem to be listed or I missed it somewhere. Are we doing ALS or RLS?

From the point page:
1. "Relative Losing Score"

The tournament rules above utilize "Absolute Losing Score," (ALS) meaning that a defeated player's Losing Score is tabulated only using the points earned for destroying enemy units. ALS = Enemy Units Destroyed. If time expires and the defeated player has units left on the board, these survivors are irrelevant to ALS. It is thought that this will encourage faster and more aggressive play in a close game.

"Relative Losing Score" (RLS) is an alternative method of tabulating Losing Score, to be used instead of ALS throughout the tournament, if the Director desires. RLS = Enemy Units Destroyed + Your Remaining Units. RLS will therefore yield a different total than ALS if time expires on an unfinished game. RLS is thought to be scrupulously fair to all playstyles and playspeeds, but at the cost of ALS's supposed motivation to play fast and aggressive.

See you guys tomorrow =)

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old October 17th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
Wow... so I'm just coming to the realization of the vast spectrum of maps we're going to have set up tomorrow!
Yep, it'll be wacky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJIM View Post
We gents in a few hours we shell partake in the brotherhood of HEROSCAPING and I wish all good luck ! But my alter ego speaks...."BIG JIM SMASH ! ME CRUSH PUNY HUMANS ! ME JUST PAWN IN GAME OF LIFE!"
Heheh. Looking forward to seeing you too, big man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaish View Post
I haven't heard back yet, so I have to conclude either KotM isn't coming, or found another ride.
Bummer ... I really hope he worked something out. Thanx for trying, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaish View Post
See you all there!
Yep ... just 10 or so hours at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
I know I'm looking forward to getting up there and playing against you all (especially Hextr1p, I need to avenge last year's loss ), I'm sure I speak for Wukie and my brother, the SD carpool is pumped.
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalman View Post
Yay! @ last minute army building and the realization that I have yet another distinction that doesn't seem to be listed or I missed it somewhere. Are we doing ALS or RLS? ...
Hmmm ... if memory serves, we did ALS last year. So I think we should do that again to keep it consistent. Unless anyone thought it sucked last year or something ... but my recollection is that it was fine. So let's keep it the same, I say.

Final decision up to wnfb, I suppose.

Final practice game is done, and my primary took down SSX's primary. He was coming from behind there at the end, but it wasn't enough. He's a bit bummed about it, but I pointed out that he'd picked up some valuable lessons on how to play the units. And he's swapped out his backup at the last minute, so I dunno how that's going to play out. But we'll see.

(Updated list. People can mostly ignore this, unless you see anything I'm missing.)

Stuff I'll be Bringing: (even yet more still further really updated again)
  • Myself and SSX
  • directions [plotted but not yet printed]
  • My armies and accoutrements; ditto for SSX [packed and ready to go]
  • Flash Fire (map) [packed and ready to go]
  • bushes for a TJ (for Yaish's Ticalla Sunrise build) [packed and ready to go]
  • trees for an RttFF (for Yaish's Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh build) [packed and ready to go]
  • build instructions for all the BoV maps we will be using [printed out, paginated, marked, and ready to go]
  • printed out nametags (thanx h3x!) [printed out and ready to go]
  • partial scoring sheets [printed out and ready to go]
  • official wording sheets
  • prize table contribution [picked out and ready to go]
  • whiteboard (plus markers and eraser) [packed and ready to go]
  • folding table (looks like about 2ft by 3ft) [packed and ready to go]
  • camp chairs (2) [packed and ready to go]
  • snacks [bought, packed, and ready to go]
  • drinks [bought, packed, and ready to go]

I'll probably be on here once more tonight, and I will check in tomorrow morning before hitting the road, so any last minute requests I should see. See you guys tomorrow!
Old October 17th, 2009, 03:57 AM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

ALS.
Sleep now.
Old October 17th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
ALS.
Sleep now.
Yeah, tell me about it. Gotta head up myself.

(Updated list. I'm really only doing this at this point so that I can have the pleasure of seeing everything grayed out. )

Stuff I'll be Bringing: (even yet more still further really updated again for the last time)
  • Myself and SSX
  • directions [plotted, printed, and ready to go]
  • My armies and accoutrements; ditto for SSX [packed and ready to go]
  • Flash Fire (map) [packed and ready to go]
  • bushes for a TJ (for Yaish's Ticalla Sunrise build) [packed and ready to go]
  • trees for an RttFF (for Yaish's Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh build) [packed and ready to go]
  • build instructions for all the BoV maps we will be using [printed out, paginated, marked, and ready to go]
  • printed out nametags (thanx h3x!) [printed out and ready to go]
  • partial scoring sheets [printed out and ready to go]
  • official wording sheets [printed out and ready to go]
  • prize table contribution [picked out and ready to go]
  • whiteboard (plus markers and eraser) [packed and ready to go]
  • folding table (looks like about 2ft by 3ft) [packed and ready to go]
  • camp chairs (2) [packed and ready to go]
  • snacks [bought, packed, and ready to go]
  • drinks [bought, packed, and ready to go]
Old October 17th, 2009, 04:19 AM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!

Ok so I got together with the members of our local game earlier and we finalized our armies and have everything all packed up!

Our +1 kicked the flu's butt and will be going with us

It will be a fun carpool from the I.E.

See you guys in.... 9 hours! Ahhh I better sleep
Old October 17th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

hunh ... whazza ... no no I'm awake.

JuicerGM is definitely out ... bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharosInCharge View Post
Ok so I got together with the members of our local game earlier and we finalized our armies and have everything all packed up!

Our +1 kicked the flu's butt and will be going with us
Hey, that's cool. Updated (just for the heck of it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharosInCharge View Post
It will be a fun carpool from the I.E.

See you guys in.... 9 hours! Ahhh I better sleep
Sleep? Whazzat?

K, off to shower now ... I'll check in one final final time before taking off.
Old October 17th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good luck people!
Old October 17th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation

Have a blast, guys...and roll them skulls!
Old October 17th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Man, I'm so excited I'm practically shaking!

Walking out the door now ... I'm pretty sure I have everything. Wait, where's the kid???

Oh, there he is. No worries

See everybody soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls View Post
Have a blast, guys...and roll them skulls!
Thanx man. We miss you!

But we shall represent: ALL SKULLS BABY!
Old October 17th, 2009, 12:09 PM

Yaish knows what's in an order marker Yaish knows what's in an order marker

Oops. Misread the info. Been here since 7 am. If you see a dude in a Jeep outside, that's me!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day