Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old April 17th, 2018, 06:43 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Pathfinder RPG Play By Post with Heroscapers

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 17th, 2018, 11:51 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

So this sounds interesting. I have a hard copy of the core rules so will I still need to purchase anything? Also I'll be off grid for 2 weeks at the end of June, first of July. Would that be a problem?
Old April 18th, 2018, 01:12 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgarath View Post
So this sounds interesting. I have a hard copy of the core rules so will I still need to purchase anything? Also I'll be off grid for 2 weeks at the end of June, first of July. Would that be a problem?
No, any copy of the core rules meets the minimum requirements. You'll be restricted to content in that book but there's nothing wrong with that!

As long as you're fine with me botting your character while you're gone, that won't be a problem.

PM me with your Google hangouts info if you're still interested and I'll reach out to you there. For character creation you'll want to start with Appendix 1 in the Pathfinder Society Guild Guide, which is a free download from Paizo.com. it also introduces you to the campaign setting and your character's role in it.

--
--
--

--
Old July 19th, 2020, 02:02 PM

With the Pathfinder Second Edition humble bundle going strong and a great opportunity to get into the game, I thought I would take this opportunity to share that I'm planning to try this again. The last time I overcommitted and bombed out. I expect to be more consistent (and start with smaller bites of content) this time.

--
--
--

--
Old August 7th, 2020, 11:15 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Huh.

I suppose I've already built a character, but you'd be wanting to play Second Edition.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 26th, 2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Huh.

I suppose I've already built a character, but you'd be wanting to play Second Edition.
Correct on both counts. I'm also leaning pretty strongly towards playing on Discord. I did that for my face-to-face group over the last month or so and it went really well. I intend to continue running 1-2 games on play-by-post on discord once my face-to-face group goes back to real-time scheduled games instead of play-by-post.

--
--
--

--
Old August 26th, 2020, 04:02 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ah. Well, I do not currently have the bandwidth to play another "live" game right now, so I'm out.

= =
Old August 26th, 2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Ah. Well, I do not currently have the bandwidth to play another "live" game right now, so I'm out.
I think I mistyped, or you misunderstood.

When my live game resumes being a live game, that is when I will start GMing another play-by-post game. Which any of you would be invited to play in. It would take place on discord, the text chat app*, instead of a discussion board. The pace is slightly faster that way but the general idea is the same.

@Dad_Scaper I looked at your first edition character just now. She would be straightforward to convert to second edition, and fun to play there. Ranged Reprisal would allow her to shoot people as a reaction when they hurt her friends.

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; August 26th, 2020 at 04:27 PM. Reason: *it has voice and video features but they are not relevant for play by post
Old August 26th, 2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
@Dad_Scaper I looked at your first edition character just now. She would be straightforward to convert to second edition, and fun to play there. Ranged Reprisal would allow her to shoot people as a reaction when they hurt her friends.
For kicks and grins I looked at your first edition character and made an interpretation of a second edition version of her (attached to this post)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Esmeralda,1,statblock.pdf (37.8 KB, 5 views)

--
--
--

--
Old August 26th, 2020, 07:18 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I’d be happy to run her in a play by post game. I liked her! But what kind of investment would be required here? I mean money, not time.

= =
Old August 27th, 2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
I’d be happy to run her in a play by post game. I liked her! But what kind of investment would be required here? I mean money, not time.
You do not need to own anything to play Organized Play. Content from the Core Rulebook, the Lost Omens World Guide, and Bestiary 1 (for summoning purposes) are free to use. If you want to use something from a splat book, like the Advanced Player's Guide or the Lost Omens Character Guide or Bestiary 2, they expect you to own those. That is how they make money off of organized play (along with scenario purchases). I think it was a similar rule for the last edition as well, which I had wrong until I asked about it today.

That may be a moot point if we ultimately decide to do something more long form than quests and scenarios in the long run, though we will be starting off with quests amd scenarios at the beginning.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online