Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old April 9th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: How to Host Your First Heroscape Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
How does everyone feel about running a tourney at a church...?
Several people here have ran tourneys at churches.
Old April 9th, 2014, 11:15 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I've hosted several tourneys at a local church.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 9th, 2014, 11:18 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Rule #1 is, conduct the tournament in a manner in which people will attend.

Most questions - this one included - can be answered by consulting Rule #1.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 10th, 2014, 10:13 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I would do that!

I've also been thinking, I saw a kid running a DnD session at a library a few weeks ago... Has anyone tried playing scape at a library? I'd guess that if there are more than 10-15 people planning on playing, it wouldn't really work out.... but I guess you never really know....

The library here has some sort of "Memorial" room with tables and such, I think it's more for meetings, but it's definitely perfect for board gaming, too. That DnD session almost made me jealous enough to ask the librarians if I could do a scape day!
Old April 10th, 2014, 10:21 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Quote:
I would do that!

I've also been thinking, I saw a kid running a DnD session at a library a few weeks ago... Has anyone tried playing scape at a library? I'd guess that if there are more than 10-15 people planning on playing, it wouldn't really work out.... but I guess you never really know....

The library here has some sort of "Memorial" room with tables and such, I think it's more for meetings, but it's definitely perfect for board gaming, too. That DnD session almost made me jealous enough to ask the librarians if I could do a scape day!
Some libraries have community rooms and such that would be great for 'Scape. A few people could probably also play 'Scape in the little study rooms that some libraries have, but most of those aren't big enough for a tournament.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 10th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I've been to a tournament at a library. It was fun!

The chief reasons to use a game shop are (1) a dedicated space and (2) an easy solution for prize support. The chief reason *not* to use a game shop is (1) there isn't a suitable one at a suitable location.

If for any reason you are not using a game shop, use whatever space works best for the people you want to attend.

= =
Old April 10th, 2014, 10:51 AM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I've ran a couple of tourneys at a library. They didn't have much room though, so we moved it from my local place and took it up to where everyone else was in Shepardsville, KY.
Old April 10th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

That's another thing I forgot to mention. If possible, have your tournaments with MegaSilver, El Diablo, NecroBlade, and their crew in Kentucky. If you can. They're good peeps.

= =
Old April 10th, 2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
That's another thing I forgot to mention. If possible, have your tournaments with MegaSilver, El Diabolo, NecroBlade, and their crew in Kentucky. If you can. They're good peeps.
Thanks.
Old April 10th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Oh, for heaven's sake. As often as that guy posts, you can tell him it's a miracle I remember his user name at all.

= =
Old April 10th, 2014, 08:41 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

I've played six player game days at the local library. I wish they'd give us their meeting room! It would be absolutely perfect!

On another note, I attempted to secure the church once and I discovered that every single Saturday was booked. Indefinitely. I could use another room but the one I had in mind would've been perfect.

I'm going to host it two weeks from tomorrow. Short notice? Mildly. It's the only chance I'm going to have though, and it just presented itself. I hope it goes over well... I'm nervous, honestly.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old April 10th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

It's ok to be nervous! Make a tournament thread and post it in the Events subforum. Don't reinvent the wheel, base it closely on one that's already there. Be encouraging and positive and be certain that everyone who attends will have fun, because everyone who's there will have fun, no matter how many people it is.

Read through the OP of this thread again (if you haven't recently) for more practical advice and upbeat encouragement.

Good for you, and have fun! Being nervous is perfectly normal, by the way. I'm still nervous before my events. As Chris Rock said to Conan O'Brien once before Chris went out on stage, "Of course I'm nervous! Anything you can [bad word] up should make you nervous." So, don't worry about being nervous. Just remember to be confident, too, and to have fun.

And to breathe. Remember to breathe.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events