Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Old October 11th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Just in case anyone is still unclear on Thanos' Rejected by Death power, he has been added to the official FAQ.

http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-game...vanced-FAQ.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape.com FAQ
Thanos
"Marvel: The Conflict Begins"
If I have a turn order marker on an Army Card, but every figure on the Army Card has been destroyed, can I still roll for Rejected By Death?
No. If the every figure on the Army Card is destroyed, you cannot take that turn, and Rejected By Death would never activate.

If I have a turn order marker on a destroyed Thanos, but he is brought back onto the board by Rejected By Death before I would have used that Turn Order Marker, can I take that turn with him when the time comes?
Yes. The turn order markers are not removed from the cards once a figure is destroyed. If Thanos is on the board when his turn would come up (even if he was destroyed the turn before), he can take that turn.
Old October 20th, 2007, 10:51 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I just played a full Marvel game against myself on Embattled Fen with all the figures, good vs. evil, since I was bored, starting zones the 7-hex sand tiles surrounded by the battlements. Thanos was king in the game. He pratically manhandled the Hulk and Silver Surfer (Former with help from Dr. Doom, who caught the Hulk in a major whiff and dealt three wounds), helped demolish Iron Man by putting 2 wounds on him, allowing Abomination to finish him off, and when Captain America finally killed Thanos, within two turns of pounding Captain America to a pulp with Abomination, who pretty much stood near the glyph the entire time (he wasn't on it, but I didn't have an opening to move him on the glyph), Thanos rolled a 20 on his 2nd try!
Venom got the last laugh by killing Spider Man, though.
As for the Hulk? He killed a Red Skull who had 3 wounds on him, and when he retaliated against Dr. Doom after charging at Red Skull and Venom (Venom Miraculously survived a 7-8 skull attack with Spider Sense), he killed him in one hit using all 11 dice! Abomination ended the battle with 1 life left, by the way. Stupid whiffing defense against blue men in tights who wear funny round things on their arms.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:01 PM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart
You know what sucks. When you roll for Rejected by death before taking a turn with a figure and then roll a 19.

I know what your all thinking. Whats so bad about that?

Well, then you realize there is no figures on a level space that is adjacent with another empty space. For instance while playing with my little brother last night I had Thanos, Spiderman, Dr. Doom, Venom, Abomination and he had the other 5. I had Spiderman and Abomination left, and Spiderman was on top of a 10 high single hex tower while Abomination was atop a 2 hex tower in an engagement with Hulk. Thanos had died on the previous turn and I got it on the first try.

What are the chances of this happening? 10 percent? lol

End result, Hulk get mad, destroy my last two figs. Little brother point finger and laugh in my face.

Old April 18th, 2008, 05:48 PM

fshmatt has disabled reputation
Re: The Book of Thanos

I have a love hate relationship with Thanos. I like to use him of course, but when my wife uses him, it sucks. One time, she forgot to bring him back, so trying to be nice, I reminded her to roll and she got the stinkin' 20. I killed him again but yet again, he came back. She has beat me with him several times due to his rejected ability. Definitely powerful. I still like the hulk though, just because I like him outside the game.

SMASHY SMASHY!!!!

Each prayer a drop, eventually the bucket will tip.
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:59 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I'm finding that Thanos is losing some of his luster. He's still intimidating, but ignoring him until the end really does seem to work, especially if you have a swarm army. If he can't use "Rejected by Death", he and his smaller support army will seem more vulnerable. Just be sure you manage to save enough of your ranged units until the end...
Old June 17th, 2008, 01:59 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Does anyone have a link to the prototype picture of Thanos with the energy coming out of his hand? Thanks.
Old June 17th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Does anyone have a link to the prototype picture of Thanos with the energy coming out of his hand? Thanks.

or

Old June 17th, 2008, 02:14 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Freakin' awesome. Thanks Cav.
Old June 17th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Glad to help.
Old June 17th, 2008, 02:47 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Now that we can't ever have two of the same unique in our armies at the same time, it would really suck to be playing Doom and Thanos, while your opponent has Thanos and your Thanos is dead, Mind Exchanging your opponent's Thanos and then rolling that 19 or 20 before the turn.

Just a thought.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 17th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Now that we can't ever have two of the same unique in our armies at the same time, it would really suck to be playing Doom and Thanos, while your opponent has Thanos and your Thanos is dead, Mind Exchanging your opponent's Thanos and then rolling that 19 or 20 before the turn.

Just a thought.
GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Old June 17th, 2008, 08:46 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

Just a thought.
You can't do that though because a dead Thanos is still considered a part of your army.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's