Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old October 7th, 2016, 06:43 PM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart
Re: D&D ToEE Full Box Customs - Need Help! - Updated 10/4

NAME = Earth Mauler Warrior
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON Hero
CLASS = Earth Cultist
PERSONALITY = Devote
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 4

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 70

Earth Slam Special Attack
Range: Special
When Earth Cultist Warrior attacks with the Earth Slam Special Attack, target one adjacent figure. Earth Slam Special Attack will affect all figures adjacent to the target, that are within 2 height layers of the target, and that do not have the Earth's Blessing Special Rule.

Earth's Blessing
When Earth Mauler attacks a figure on a Rock space subtract 1 from that figures defense.

Edit Log
-actually updated name and type to include warrior and uncommon hero
-increase life by 2 to help better represent the empowered version.
-reduced movement by 1 to 5 to show they are bit heavier/ slower then the other cultist.

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 16th, 2016 at 10:11 PM. Reason: updated to actual tile, rock
Old October 7th, 2016, 06:57 PM

I'm thinking about adding the special attack to all the cultist and then have the warriors differentiate with some sort of bonding ability with cultist of its kind. Does anyone think that sounds good, or is that adding too many special powers to these guys?
Old October 7th, 2016, 11:24 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf_Scape View Post
I'm thinking about adding the special attack to all the cultist and then have the warriors differentiate with some sort of bonding ability with cultist of its kind. Does anyone think that sounds good, or is that adding too many special powers to these guys?
As a general rule, people generally advise against using more than 3 powers on a single card. But in the end it's up to you - they're your customs so you can make them however you want. That's the great thing about custom making, so don't let anything hold you back from making the units that you want! Personally, I think you'd be fine making powers like that; it would work well for a dungeon crawl enemy. And it's an easy way to make all of your units usable. Some people aren't fans of throwing bonding around too much, but again, if it creates the kind of unit you want then go for it.

Question: for your Earth Cultists you have mentioned mountain spaces - what do you count as those? Because there are no "official" mountain spaces.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old October 8th, 2016, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post

Question: for your Earth Cultists you have mentioned mountain spaces - what do you count as those? Because there are no "official" mountain spaces.
Ah good catch! What I actually meant was 'rock' space as referenced in the rule books. I'll edit those.

With regards to the abilities I understand what your saying with my choice, I guess I should really wait on deciding power levels until I see the rest of the units that are stashed in my basement at home (currently at college).

I was thinking I wanted these guys to be balanced relatively to all 'official' and C3G units so this could be a resource for others wanting to do the same, but for now I should start with my own creations and maybe gear them towards the rest later. See the path before the destination and what not.

Trying to follow their power rating from the stat cards,
def& life wise from lowest to highest it goes, Air<Water~Fire<Earth

Atk& Accuracey wise from lowest to highest, Air<Water~Fire<Earth

I would rather prefer them to be equal. So I am thinking that Air's base range mitigates their unequal status, thinking the earth guys should have a slower movement then the other three, yeah they are strong cause of the rock and all but it weighs more, right?
planning ahead, fire warrior will have 2 life, 4 def, water warrior will have 3 life but 3 def. Atk will be the same of 4. Range&move will be equal as well.

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 8th, 2016 at 01:19 AM.
Old October 8th, 2016, 03:51 PM

NAME = Air Ranger
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Air Cultist
PERSONALITY = Devote
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 4

LIFE = 2
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 70

Air Bolts
When an Air Ranger attacks a figure that has already been damaged by an air cultist figure, add 1 to the attack dice of the Air Ranger for each wound inflicted this turn by figures that are air cultist.

Air's Blessing
Figures that have the Flying special power subtract 1 from their defense dice when attacked by an Air Ranger.

Edit Log

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 16th, 2016 at 10:10 PM.
Old October 8th, 2016, 03:53 PM

NAME = Air Crossbowers
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = COMMON Squad
CLASS = Air Cultist
PERSONALITY = Devote
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 4

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 65

Air's Blessing
Figures that have the Flying special power subtract 1 from their defense dice when attacked by an Air Crossbower

Edit Log

Old October 8th, 2016, 04:00 PM

NAME = Water Swords
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = COMMON Squad
CLASS = Water Cultist
PERSONALITY = Devote
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 4

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 65

Water's Blessing
Water Swords that are on a water or swamp space add 4 to their range. A Water Sword does not have to stop its movement when entering a water space.

Old October 10th, 2016, 01:34 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

A few of my customs work great for some of those figures, especially the Troglodytes and Halfling Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Troglodyte Brutes - Custom Lizarfolk Squad from D&D Underdark 40 Troglodyte Captain, Underdark 59 Troglodyte Barbarian, War Drums 59 Troglodyte Thug, War of the Dragon Queen 43 Cleric of Laogzed

Kinda like Knights or Roman Soldiers except increased attack in groups, but they bond with a lot worse figures thank knights or soldiers. I noticed a lot of crappy units were Ferocious, especially uncommon heroes, so I tried to make a squad that is good by itself but bonds with some of the crappiest figures to try to help them. Common/Uncommon units they bond with now don't have to think about order management. I made them a unit of four and will have to play with costing as 70 might be more realistic.
Ferocious heroes (non-huge) that follow Aquilla or Utgar: Feral Troll, Ice Troll Berserker, Rhogar Dragonspine, Sahuagin Raider, Wyvern. They also get a bonus from huge ferocious heroes and other ferocious squads (including in opponent's army): Brunak, Fen Hydra, Grimnak, Mimring, Nilfheim, White Wyrmling, Mezzodemon Warmongers, Obsidian Guards, Quasatch Hunters, and if Marvel then Abomination & Venom.

Troglodyte Bonecrusher - Custom Lizardfolk Hero from D&D Dungeons of Dread 27 Troglodyte Bonecrusher

Bonds with both Troglodyte Brutes above. I like that he adds one automatic skull/shield to both attack and defense. Really hard to kill, but still one attack a turn (unless bonding). May be too cheap, though.

Hobbit Assassin - Ninja General/Flagbearer from D&D UnderDark 19 Halfling Sneak

Brings Ninjas close to tourney level. Does not have bonding perse but you do not need to use an order marker on her if under attack.

Blood Reaper - Undead General from D&D Desert of Desolation 27 Blood of vol fanatic

Brings Undead Squads close to tourney level. Also helps drow and undead so good to counterdraft. Like Marro Warriors in that it helps resurrect figures more easily the more are still alive. Bonds with Death Knights too (but requires separate order marker to resurrect).

Shieldwall Soldier - Archer Support Common Hero from D&D War Drums 10 Shieldwall Soldier

Improves Roman Archers (and all other archers) and Sacred Band. I removed Berserker Charge and added disengage.

Vorgyn - Drow General from D&D Desert of Desolation 46 Drow Blademaster

Makes the all Drow easier on order management and makes the common drow awesome. Also, has a decent attack modeled after Chardris.
Old October 11th, 2016, 05:28 PM

@lefton4ya I do enjoy your hobbit! I think it is a perfect fit for the haffling miniature. You now have me torn with the trogolodytes! :'{ I like the idea of just using them as proxies for the green scales, but I feel like your customs meets them a bit better.

I think I have a better proxie for the green scale in mind, but I still don't have those.

I think because ToEE only contains 3 trogoldytes I'll stick with GreenScale Warriors as the suggested .

Thanks for pointing out your customs and stopping by. I would love to here what you think of my Cultist customs!
Old October 13th, 2016, 11:25 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the thanks. You can always use the same figures to both proxy official figures and for a custom, as long as you are not playing both in the same game. I do it all the time.

Nice cultists. Couple of questions:
Flaming Lance Special Attack - is this supposed to be like a fire line attack or Zelrig's majestic fires attack? It is not clear how you chose more than one person to attack - you can model it after Mimring, Zelrig, Brimstone, Quahon, or another dragon.
Air Bolts - generally you should not be keeping track of who wounded a figure other than that turn, so you can model it after Blood Frenzy or just word it for wounds inflicted this turn.

You can add an attack or move bonding power to all the cultist squads, such as modeling after the Varkaanan Wolf Pack:
CULTIST PACT
After revealing an Order Marker on the XXX card, before taking that turn with the XXX, you may choose one other Cultist Army Card you control and take a turn with it. You may not attack with more figures from the chosen Army Card than the number of destroyed XXX on this card.
Old October 14th, 2016, 12:06 AM

The THE FIRE LANCE SPECIAL ATTACK I intended it to be similar to mimrings, I admit I did not actually compare the wording when writing. Ill have to rewrite those this weekend.

The AIR BOLTS were meant to be exactly like the protectors of ullar s special, but instead of a specific figure it a specific class of figure, ie air cultist.

I was thinking of adding a bonding power very similar to the wolf packs effects, discovered them with making the gnoll hunters, to the empowered cultist. And adding the special attacks to all the regular ones. But I was getting stumped with the xxx part. I was tossing around the idea of moving minimum two, up to a cap, but have it be limited. Move with non engaged figure or attack with engaged figures. Seems to happen the air cultist in making them do damage, but at the same time help them kite more. Its getting late for me, I feel like I'm making no sense and talking in circles. Ill come back tomorrow sometime and try to make better sense of my thoughts.
Old October 16th, 2016, 01:43 PM

NAME = Water Sword Warrior
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Water Cultist
PERSONALITY = Devote
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 4

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 70

Water Pulse Special Attack
Attack: 2
The defending figure is moved up to the current range of Water Sword Warrior away from Water Sword Warrior in a straight line. If water sword warrior inflicted at least one wound to the defending figure, Water Sword Warrior may move up to its current range after it uses Water Pulse Special Attack.

Water's Blessing
Water Swords that are on a water or swamp space add 4 to their range. A Water Sword does not have to stop its movement when entering a water space.

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 16th, 2016 at 10:09 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs