Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old April 10th, 2019, 06:24 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

I will be building the Map on the day before, Friday, May 3, and posting pics that evening. Although you cannot see it 'til then, it will have the following features: There will be individual, double Castle Pillar towers for each of Acolarh (on a Shadow space and the Glyph of Rannweig) and the 9 Warriors of Ashra, accessible only by Ladder. Acolah's Tower and the 5 Treasure Glyphs will be in the center, surrounded by WoA Towers. There will be no other Pillars in the build. There will be some downhill flowing Water.

Old April 15th, 2019, 10:33 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Note: This is a 5-player free for all. Field Raelin, Q9, et al., at your peril!

Just saying . . .

Old April 17th, 2019, 02:18 PM

Well met!

Revised The Lost City of Ashra as follows:

The Explorers. 4-5 players with pre-made armies of 600 points apiece (no Marvel, but C3V, Kha (SoV candidate), and C3V Public Playtesting units are allowed), each player's army to fill no more than 12 spaces, placed, a card at a time, as in Heat of Battle, outside the City (adjacency to other players' units allowed), on hexes outside the City. No Explorer's army may contain Acolarh or the Warriors of Ashra (the "WoA") (Acolarh and the WoA, together, the "Amazons"). The Explorers may then (after HoB placement) move anywhere on the Map, including into the City, but may not attack any Trees or units (other Explorers' or the Amazons'), nor place any OMs on the Amazons, nor may they move onto any Treasure Glyphs, until the beginning of round 4. Prior to round 4, all Explorer units are considered "friendly" to each other and to the Amazons. After round 3 (at the beginning of Round 4), the armies of Explorers are considered, of course, "enemies" to each other and the Warriors of Ashra.

The Amazons. There will be a Warriors of Ashra card for the Amazons, and a card for Acolarh. Each player may place one, and only one, of his Order Markers upon the WoA each turn, beginning with the third. No OMs may ever be placed upon Acolarh's card. The WoA cannot be moved in such a way that they would risk falling damage, nor may Amazons attack Amazons. WoA may not risk Leaving Engagement Attacks, for which purpose all Explorers are considered "enemies," even those Explorers of the player controlling them (which otherwise would be considered "friendly"). Thus, you may not move WoA out of engagement with any Explorer's units, even your own. Acolarh stands on the Glyph of Rannveig (Wind), and bestows his grace (Leaf of the Home Tree Aura and Ullar's Amulet) upon the WoA. He may not be Enslaved, Moon Frenzied, Mindshackled, etc., but may be moved by Chainfighters, Wyverns, Knockback, Jotun's Throw, etc., and, of course, may be killed.

The Amazons Have Bows. The range for the Warriors of Ashra is increased to 5 for this scenario.

Summary: Armies are limited to 12 spaces. All units, including Amazons, are considered "friendly" to one another, no Treasure Glyphs may be moved onto or picked up, nor may any Trees be attacked, for the first 3 Rounds.

Last edited by kolakoski; April 17th, 2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old April 17th, 2019, 02:39 PM

[Duplicate post]
Old April 25th, 2019, 10:05 PM

Well met!

I'll give you all three guesses as to what scenario these imply:

Old April 26th, 2019, 06:15 PM

Well met!

During this rainy afternoon, I free built a test map for The Lost City of Ashra . . .

This map has all the basic elements of the map I will be building the night before. The towers will be laid out in roughly the pattern shown. Acolarh is on a pedestal, Shadow and Rannweig, and only accessible through the Warriors of Ashra adjacent to him. The other towers contain WoA. However, chas has much more terrain than I do at his Game Palace, so the hills containing the Trees will be higher, there will be enough Ladder pieces for the towers (if not, the outer towers may be shortened or hills may be built up adjacent to them), there will be a larger footprint to accommodate double spaced figures, and it will look a little lusher. There must also be space for 100 figures (5 players x 12 spaces/player) outside the City.

Old April 27th, 2019, 11:45 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Got my army! Its made up from a list of C3V cards I've never played before! Cool. K. will be over here Friday to freebuild a new version of his board for Saturday.

We should have at least five players, with Quizcode putting in his last regular appearance before moving away to the X Dimension (West Coast). Thanks for being our most consistent fifth player, and good luck with the games you are designing!

Meanwhile, I'm having a great time with my newly arrived giant Kickstarter package of Red Alert: Space Fleet Warfare. My other big Kickstarter this year will be Mezo, due in August.
Old April 28th, 2019, 12:46 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

I'll give you all three guesses as to what scenario these imply:

Apparently, there is some confusion. These are for a follow up scenario to The Lost City of Ashra. It will be about invading a Drow City in response.

Old April 30th, 2019, 01:16 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Got my army! Its made up from a list of C3V cards I've never played before! Cool. K. will be over here Friday to free build a new version of his board for Saturday.

We should have at least five players, . . .
Me too! Of course, the others will likely wait until Friday evening to finalize their armies (after they see the Map).

The orignal Lost City of Ashra!

I'm really looking forward to building/playing the new version (The Lost City of Ashra). As it will be staged at chas' Game Palace, the City will be much larger. For example, we built Nadi's Vault of Splendor. . .

Nadi's Vault of Splendor

. . . for a Super Hero scenario called Balance of Power!

Balance of Power

The new Map won't be this big, nor will it have Pillars except for the ones supporting Acolarh and the WoA, but it will have 5-6 levels of height, and cover 2/3 of the table. The other 1/3 will be the 100 spaces outside the City for initial placement of the five players' armies. Unlike the original scenario (4 players, divided into two teams), this will be a five (+) player free for all. Let the trash talk and alliance making begin!

Old May 3rd, 2019, 06:53 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

PreGame Set Up Day!

K. will be over for lunch today and then freebuild his map for tomorrow's game. I'll be finding some proxies for my C3V army, which is made up of about half of their cards I haven't played before.

Wait a minute--I need two armies!

Last edited by chas; May 3rd, 2019 at 02:24 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 06:29 PM

Well met!

For tomorrow's game: 12 spaces, 600 points.

Pretty claustrophobic although 2-spaces figures can land on all Treasure Glyph spaces. Pics:

Old May 5th, 2019, 09:33 AM

KOLAKOSKI SCAPE: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"

My Armies:

Game One "The A Team"

Kon-Tar-Na 150
Asterios 120
Buccaneers of Tortuga 70
Viceron The Blood Knight 130
Tetraites 110
Bol 10
Isamu 10
TOTAL: 600

Game Two "The B Team"

Ashira Goshari 200
Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep x2 160
Arthur of Sherwood 70
Azazel the Kyrie Warrior 140
Guilty McCreech 30
TOTAL: 600

My first game was a disaster; my second almost a triumph! The Warriors of Ashra had such a powerful 3 strength scenario bow shot (4 with height) that we all used them to kill off anyone who dared pick up a glyph. Sherman Davies won this one; I was not even in contention. For the second game, we lowered their attack to a flat 2 with no height, and made it a Special Attack. Sherman won this game also, but I almost took it away from him, so honor was satisfied!

Some of my very cool moves in the second game included shifting Arashira up to a tower, switching places with a Warrior of Ashra high above her, and then attacking both the WOA and Taeblewalker's Venoc Warlord ("Mittens") with Azazels Whirlwind Attack. But best of all was when Kolakoski's wounded Sgt. Drake II killed Acolarh way up in the Central Tower, freeing the game for flying. Whereupon I flew the Kyrie up there in one move, landing on Acolarh's former space. This gave me height and shadow for defense on this highest space on the board, looked dramatic, and prevented any of the other few fliers from coming after me, as I was now covering the Glyph. Now carrying two treasure glyphs, I killed the wounded Drake who dropped his, and then I picked up a third TG. Meanwhile I had frustrating Quizcode's Hydra who had moved towards me, thinking to take my glyphs from me, but now was left far below, with no way to climb up a ladder after me.

Having chopped down a tree and killed an Ashra myself, I was then in contention to threaten Sherman for the lead, being only one point behind him on one turn. Then I died in a final confrontation with him, after chopping down a large pine tree. But it was glorious, as I came of nowhere quickly to soar into contention, but figuratively and literally! My proxy for Azazel was an forboding black winged figure with a sickle and a Greek style helmet--the kind of guy who could cheat death for sure. See Photo #7 below for the final confrontation between my nice Kyrie proxy and my second (Sherman's) Sgt. Drake II foe. (Its very rare, even in a large game for which we build player armies seperately, for us to field duplicate figures).

There were so many exciting moments. One was in the first game where Sherman's Atlaga one shotted Acolarh out of his high tower with Bolt of Witherwood! Two of my dwarves also managed to take down Mimring during a giant monster fight with may large and huge creatures around them on the desert sands of the start zone, where they were literally 'dwarved' (ouch) by the giant creatures contending with one another all around them including Sujoah, Fen Hydra, Brunak, and Mimring.

I had some great proxies picked out for C3V figures I'd never played, including some Heroclix Horror Circus Performers for the Pirates of Tortuga! Thanks to Kolakoski, not only for building a great looking map and running the games, but lending me Arthur of Sherwood, which is the most beautiful mounted figure in Custom Scape! He picked out the best Hercules figure I've ever seen from Quizcode's pool (see Photo #1 below).

We were sad to let Quizcode go off to the West Coast, but he left behind all kinds of hobby stuff for us to split up, including a jar of dice, painting supplies, and a few dozen Heroclix figures that he didn't want to move out to his new digs. Good luck to him, and also with the quite impressive games he is designing! I'd previously consulted with him on one and played and commented on another.

Next Month on Sat. June 1: Chas Scape Theme To Be Announced

Since I'll soon be seeing Avengers Endgame and the finale of Game of Thrones Season Eight, (or as Stephen Colbert likes to call that confluence: "Avengers Endgame of Thrones") maybe one will inspire the theme...

Last edited by chas; May 14th, 2019 at 06:37 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion