Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 16th, 2020, 11:00 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G Promotions Dept. | FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS - Freaky Frida

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I couldn't do it. I don't know what is released and unreleased I would spoil so much!
Darn!
I bet there's a really crazy Shuma Gorath design hiding among you all.

And @Arch-vile, thanks for the response, I'll get on that!
Old November 16th, 2020, 11:02 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Had no clue who that was and now I kinda wanna design it.

Would also love to see you do some playtesting to earn some points for designing. I think you’d be good at it.
Old November 16th, 2020, 11:08 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you!! I should! And will if anyone wants to play via Tabletop Simulator.
Old November 17th, 2020, 12:49 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I had a Shuma-Gorath write-up back in the day, but I'd tackle him pretty differently now.

Really cool to see all this Lantern stuff we've been building finally roll out. Henshaw is a long time coming! (Check the date on the OP of his thread, if you're not in the know)
Old November 17th, 2020, 06:17 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd love to listen to that podcast! I think it'd be best for a fan to run such a thing, though, because a public view on the project is necessary for it not to feel too "in a bubble," I think. That said, if such a podcast was done, I'm sure plenty of "insiders" would be happy to come on and answer questions!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 17th, 2020, 06:36 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

@Arkham did a one shot podcast.
Would love to have him do more.
Old November 17th, 2020, 09:37 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
Unless it spoils the fun, I want to hear from the designers what abilities they are most proud of. And maybe some not-so-obvious ways they can be implemented. Of course, that might all be in the books.
Not Lantern-specific, but I think the greatest strength in C3G is how discussion and cooperation often leads to a way better end product. A lot of my favorite powers on my different LDs are things that I either stole from someone else or was brainstormed in discussion. Mon-El is the first one I usually think of, his marquee power was a Spidey idea and it's a ton of fun.

I'm super proud of Gargan Venom as well, which was originally a Ronin draft. You can do a ton of tricky things with his Collateral Damage special power, like tossing him around with Colossus. You have to watch out though, cause he's very shark-y (a lot of offensive power, but needs a lot of activations quickly to earn his worth), and Collateral Damage can just as easily be used against you if the enemy has a way to toss Gargan back at you.
Old November 17th, 2020, 09:57 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I totally hear that! I'm going to end up doing a Killer Frost 2.0 just because a power that (Ronin, I believe?) came up with that didn't end up fitting the 1.0 version is something I was and remain super excited about.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 17th, 2020, 09:57 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah I'd love to see more podcasts/interviews/whatever. I enjoy being a part of those.
Old November 17th, 2020, 10:04 AM

As for some specific thoughts, I've got three LDs in this last set, so probably what I'm happiest with is:

1. How Parallax combines yellow and green battery markers to different effect. This steals a lot from a certain Blue Lantern design I won't speak more of yet.
2. How Superboy-Prime turned out. This one was a team effort for sure, as Heroic Envy was a power wholesale taken from someone else, for instance. Retcon Punch has mechanics I've been eager to try out for years, so I was happy to see that come off as well.

What am I most unsure about from my LDs? Probably how Parallax Entity will feel to folks. He was a challenging one for sure and I'm not sure if we nailed it or if we came out with something bloated and overly complex.

Old November 17th, 2020, 11:14 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Totally agreed that the collaborative process helps a ton. My recent Superwoman design has a power stolen from one of Ronin’s drafts that made her a lot of fun. Lucius Fox was based on drafts from a couple other people. Green Arrow (II) changed a lot from my initial design, and I think that’s the design that’s gotten the best reception so far of all my LDs. There’s so much creativity that you get when you bring so many minds together, and that’s a real strength of the process.
Old November 17th, 2020, 06:43 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Agreed on the collaborative aspect of designing being a big plus.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy