Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 13th, 2013, 07:06 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Boot Camp of Valhalla Head Quarter.

Welcome to the Boot Camp of Valhalla !

The BCoV is intended to be a way for the community as a whole to make custom to submit to SoV
Here we take yound but promising figure into consideration, and make them through an hellish process to sculpt them into worthy additions to the Soldier of Valhalla ! Anyone is free, and very welcome, to participate to shape a raw idea into a neat card !

It is now time for a second wave ! The votes are open !

The template to post submission :
Spoiler Alert!

The first figures to go through BCoV are the kobolds, submited by johnny139, and undergoing Sov review !

First session submissions :
Spoiler Alert!

How it works :

Step 1 : Choosing a figure :

Periodically, I will open submissions on this very thread. People would then propose a figure, and a vague, non technical, idea of how they envision the figure. Perhaps add some bio and fluff, to make others scapers love your idea ! You also need to put the availability of the figure. A start of at least 50+ for an unique figure, 100-150+ for common or uncommon.
When some figures have been submited (around 4-5 I believed, but will see how it goes), the submission will be closed, and a vote will be done to select the figure the BCoV will work on. For now, the BCoV will only work on one figure at a time, to begin with. The vote will be given a time of 1 week to be completed.
The person that submited the figure will be the Chief Instructor for that figure. He will have the following duties :
- Open and manage a thread for the community to shape the figure.
- Open and manage a thread, later on, for the community to playtest the figure.
- Once the card is considered ready, submit it to SoV

The Chief Instructor role is not to lead the development of the card, but to facilitate it. If the community is at a dead end (for instance, two different points of view arise), he is to find a way to solve it. The simplest way is to set up a vote, but it is up to the Chief Instructor to choose how he does that. In last resort, the Chief Instructor can make an arbitrary decision to help the custom advance further. Such a decision is to be clearly stated and followed by the community, but it would be best to never have to use this. For instance, I sometime demanded on the french forum that all member put their idea on a given point in a given format to make a summary of all the ideas and focus the discussion.

The person that proposed the selected figure can refuse to become the Chief Instructor and name another to take the role. He would then stay the Honorary Chief Instructor.
The Chief Instructor also have the right to give titles to members that he thinks deserve them for this custom. Those title are just for fun, but I propose they appears (if C3V/SoV aggree) in the book of the figure when/if it is released, as a tribute.

Step 2 : Shaping the figure.

In the figure discussion thread, the community will try to make something out of the figure. The best way, I think, is to first choose vaguely the idea for the custom, and then start to refine. Generally, it works this way : a brainstorming moment when all members give a lot of ideas, then from discussion some start to merge, some seems to attract more people, until there are two or three dominating point of view. More discussion after, and if needed a vote, one idea advance in the process. Then another branstorm moment take place for finer details, and so on.
Sometime, ideas will appear that would requiere to start the figure from scratch again. Such idea can be a stunning idea one people suddently had. It should not be discarded, but considered. If the community feel strongly draw to this idea, it can become the new base for the figure. The only thing that cannot be changed is the figure itself.
Playtest or statistics can sometime be done to push a point, or to choose between two ideas. When the custom commence to take form, cards could be made to keep it fresh !
All in one, it is quite an anarchical process. Any rule here can be overthrown if a vast consensus arise.
Their is only ONE, ABSOLUTE rule : stay polite and nice.

Step 3 : Playtesting.

When the community aggree that the custom is ready enough, it enters the playtests phase.
The first step is to make a list, by theoryscaping and common sense, of situation the custom should be test on.
Any member of the forum could then make games using the custom, and write a little report of the game and how the custom managed (a format will have to be choosed to make all report look alike). He/she will also tell which of the items in the previous list his game covered. The Chief Instructor will be in charge of keeping track of what situation has been tested, and how many time, in the OP.
It would be best if members tried to make playtest on situation that have the fewest number of test being done, but members have the freedom to make playtest in the way they are the most confortable with.
From those tests, the community decide if the custom is ready to be submited, or need a little more twist.

Step 4 : Submiting to SoV

when the community think the custom is ready, The Chief Instructor will write the presentation of the custom to SoV. If the SoV reject the figure, the community will decide if they want to change it and submit it again, or just keep it as it is.

Last edited by Lyrgard; December 8th, 2014 at 05:56 AM.
Old December 13th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Boot Camp of Valhall Head Quarter.

Nice thing Lyrgard to bring what we already do on our forum here.

Let's show C3V how to create cards.

Be carefull that it does not get too messy. If it works well on our forum it's because we are only about 5 or 6 to work on the custom together and even with that it's quite messy sometimes and some people drop out because there is too many messages they can't follow all the things (LoDeNo for example for Asterios).

Last edited by Foudzing; December 13th, 2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old December 13th, 2013, 08:45 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Someone help me out here.

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lyrgard again.
Lets see what you got Scapers.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; December 13th, 2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old December 13th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I gave him a hit. Eager to see what we can make here! I've got some ideas.
Old December 13th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Saw you needed a cool logo.
Old December 13th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Sweet. Really excited to see this thread take off!
Old December 13th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I probably won't have much time to dedicate to this, but it sounds awesome and I'd probably end up using the figures that pass through even if they don't make it through SoV. Like I said, I'll have almost no time to dedicate, and would probably be unable to playtest, but I'd love to do some brainstorming if that's O.K. with you guys.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 13th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Like I said, I'll have almost no time to dedicate, and would probably be unable to playtest, but I'd love to do some brainstorming if that's O.K. with you guys.
Sure ! After all, it's the main interest of this system: totally free for use.

I hope that this will have as much success than at the French forum.
... I'll suggest a logo also.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old December 13th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Good luck, fellas. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens here. Remember attention to detail and restraint.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 13th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Like I said, I'll have almost no time to dedicate, and would probably be unable to playtest, but I'd love to do some brainstorming if that's O.K. with you guys.
Sure ! After all, it's the main interest of this system: totally free for use.

I hope that this will have as much success than at the French forum.
... I'll suggest a logo also.
Cool! In that case, I think it would be cool if the first unit that's started on is something using those weird anthropomorphic shark pirates from the Skulls and Shackles set - they just look too cool not to use. Anyone agree?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 13th, 2013, 04:09 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Someone help me out here.

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lyrgard again.
Lets see what you got Scapers.
Done!

Great idea!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 13th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Double done. Awesome idea.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards