Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old May 11th, 2020, 05:00 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Units used in this pod:

Sorin of the Eternal Thirst
Nahiri, Fury in Stone
Kiora, the Rising Tide
Rhox Veterans

Designers:

@Zetsubo @Alexandros @Skinderella @NecroBlade @Astroking112

Pod Leaders:

@flameslayer93
Me @Captain Stupendous

Last edited by Captain Stupendous; December 23rd, 2021 at 12:32 PM.
Old May 11th, 2020, 08:08 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Pod 2 Main Thread

Finally!! Super stoked to bounce idea's around!!

So how ya wanna do this fellas? I took the liberty of designing several cards, should I just go ahead and post some in their respective threads?

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 11th, 2020, 10:22 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So these won't be conversions but whole new figures with only the sculpts remaining the same?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old May 11th, 2020, 10:24 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
So these won't be conversions but whole new figures with only the sculpts remaining the same?
Actually, I'm fairly certain we can make the figures anything we want 'em to be, so long as there is a general consensus...? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I had a cool idea for Nahiri that lets her place 2 rock/sand tiles on the map, kinda like Mika Connour, which happens to coincide with her character bio in Magic.

Just a thought!

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 11th, 2020, 10:37 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Yes, the goal of the project is to create another classic-style Master Set, not to convert the existing Magic the Gathering units into HeroScape designs.

Like Owlman said, you're technically able to make them into Magic the Gathering characters anyway if you want, but that'd need some good justification for why this Jace Beleren is Jace Beleren and this other Jace Beleren is a cyberpunk neuromancer, for example.

Of course, you can always take inspiration from the AotP mechanics if it fits the design vision, regardless of whether you're basing the theme off of Magic the Gathering or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
I had a cool idea for Nahiri that lets her place 2 rock/sand tiles on the map, kinda like Mika Connour, which happens to coincide with her character bio in Magic.

Just a thought!
Placing terrain has been discussed for a couple of units. It's a really neat idea, but we are trying to keep the entire set playable with just our rulebook, some printed cards, and the three Arena of the Planeswalker boxes.

Unfortunately, that means that pretty much anything that places classic HeroScape terrain is going to be a very tough sell, since none of it is included in the set.
Old May 11th, 2020, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Yes, the goal of the project is to create another classic-style Master Set, not to convert the existing Magic the Gathering units into HeroScape designs.

Like Owlman said, you're technically able to make them into Magic the Gathering characters anyway if you want, but that'd need some good justification for why this Jace Beleren is Jace Beleren and this other Jace Beleren is a cyberpunk neuromancer, for example.

Of course, you can always take inspiration from the AotP mechanics if it fits the design vision, regardless of whether you're basing the theme off of Magic the Gathering or not.

Quote:

Just a thought!
Placing terrain has been discussed for a couple of units. It's a really neat idea, but we are trying to keep the entire set playable with just our rulebook, some printed cards, and the three Arena of the Planeswalker boxes.

Unfortunately, that means that pretty much anything that places classic HeroScape terrain is going to be a very tough sell, since none of it is included in the set.
Gotcha, so what if we limited it to those beige sand tiles then, since they come with the box anyways? I mean, it looks like sand tiles anyways...?

Old May 12th, 2020, 12:30 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nahiri sculpt has a cool red sword. We should run with that.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old May 12th, 2020, 12:35 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Trust me, we need every ounce of plastic to make scenarios that at least seem fun.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 12th, 2020, 01:08 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Gotcha, so what if we limited it to those beige sand tiles then, since they come with the box anyways? I mean, it looks like sand tiles anyways...?
flameslayer hit the nail on the head there. Letting Nahiri place up to 2 tiles of sandstone (or whatever we call the AotP hexes) means that we'd have to hold back 2 tiles when building each scenario, so that she can be used in any of them.

That's not a non-starter (especially if it leads to a particularly fun design that doesn't work without it), but it is something that's very important to keep in mind when designing anything that places terrain.
Old May 12th, 2020, 08:00 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Kiora and Rhox Veterans have been posted.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 12th, 2020, 07:52 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 30th, 2020, 05:10 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I added links to Kiora and the Sentinels.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs