Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old July 28th, 2019, 05:16 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
@TrueMurray - I'll take being called a scrub considering the joy I felt watching my Havech Eradicators blast through your Havech Eradicators. That and Spiderman dodging all your best attacks. Lol. I felt so loved watching that video.
It's too bad you missed the Monthly yesterday so True could have told you how sorry he was. He said he'll do his best to not be "on one" when we record in the future.

Quote:
I had thought about bringing up Heirloom after the first round, but with the amount of figures superfrog was able to move each turn, I figure by the time I was able to get Heirloom into position to take shots at Skeletons, he would've been able to disperse them pretty easily so that I was able to only hit 1 (maybe 2 if I was lucky) with Heirloom's Force Orb attack. Even if I'd rolled him up earlier, I don't think superfrog would have had his figures clumped as much as he did. Thus, I deferred to the greater chance of multiple attacks (and the chance of rolling more attack dice) by being more aggressive with the Warforged.
That's actually why I love playing Heirloom with the Warforged -- if you're using your OMs and placement to fake out your opponent, they have to worry about an explosion attack and are more prone to spread out, which is what the Warforged love. When they're going against a spread out opponent they get more options with their switches and are less likely to get overwhelmed (which is important due to their relatively high points-per-figure).

Quote:
As far as bringing Guilty up, again, I wanted to utilize the greater number of attacks with more dice.
So the theory I was getting at here was that you'd get free attacks with Guilty. 7 Range vs 4 Move means you don't have to worry about him getting engaged, so you get free pot shots while your opponent is developing. So that would be more attacks with more dice over the long run. If they want to get Guilty, they have to spread themselves pretty thin (already a big commitment vs a 30 point figure), which again plays into the strength of the Warforged, who like to take 1v1 fights. And, like I said, if they slow roll a bit more and take the strong positions on the board, the Warforged can fight that well too with their switching. That's why those long range attackers are a great counterpart for Warforged especially (and melee in general), in my opinion.

Overall it was a really fun game to watch, which is why I watched it twice! Crazy endgames are always fun!
Lol, I'm sad I missed yesterday too.

I get what you're saying now. I must have misunderstood what you intended during the video because I was thinking you were talking about putting order markers into them after having advanced the Warforged so much (at which point it was too late because I had committed myself too much to that front of Warforged). But I understand you now, and yes, I think you're right. Given the set up of the game with Warforged verses a melee army, I didn't have to worry as much as I apparently was about trying to develop my units into the board as in other circumstances. So utilizing Heirloom and Guilty would have been advantageous. That's good feedback, thanks!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old July 31st, 2019, 12:27 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

New game! This one is from Round 1 of OHS Season 33 that's currently running, between @Sir Heroscape and @Chris Perkins . We've got a good amount of games from this first round, so we'll be uploading twice a week for the next little bit, and hopefully longer if we can keep getting videos coming in (we would have started last weekend but we had a local tournament going on so didn't have the time). This kind of online tournament play has been some of my favorite to watch in the past, and I'm super excited to share it with the community, so stay tuned for more!

And as always, feedback on how to improve is welcome! You'll notice @TrueMurray is incredibly mellow compared to the last video.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 31st, 2019, 08:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
This is a cool idea. I really enjoyed the 1st video.
Hey thanks! I'm glad you're liking it! We've got some really good games coming up (as soon as True and I get time to commentate them -- it's been a busy week).
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Looks like fun. Loving True and Biggas commentary. Ill definitely watch these. Ill have to finish the first one later. Great job guys.
Thanks TREX! Glad to have you stopping by! I don't know if you or any of the other HoSS guys play online very much, but I was thinking it would be cool to hopefully get a game with those figures at some point!
I dont really play online. I havent really done it. Partially because when I do have time I like to get the physical plastic out, and partially because I dont really have time anyway. I would like to see HoSS get some love. For all the work that has went into it, its kind of a shame for it not to get love. But Im sure more people have used the cards than there are posters in the forums because most just like to enjoy the fruits of the labor without doing any of the testing, etc. True needn"t tone down the commentary too much because thats part of the fun.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 1st, 2019, 01:03 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Mistakes indeed. Granted I think you guys were correct that CP had the upper hand with this matchup, but I agree I played Sonlen too late. I realized too late that I probably should have used him earlier to try and pick off units and throw CP off a little bit. But, it wasn't ideal either way since Sonlen would have had a hard time matching the output of the Raelin backed MW's.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 3rd, 2019, 01:51 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Mistakes indeed. Granted I think you guys were correct that CP had the upper hand with this matchup, but I agree I played Sonlen too late. I realized too late that I probably should have used him earlier to try and pick off units and throw CP off a little bit. But, it wasn't ideal either way since Sonlen would have had a hard time matching the output of the Raelin backed MW's.
Yeah, it was a tough matchup no matter how you slice it -- Sonlen was really your only chance against such high defense (barring nuts-o divide rolls), but he was hard to bring in with the Marro Warriors running around. Plus Chris Perkins was playing an excellent game and gave you no openings -- really impressive OM management on his part.

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 3rd, 2019, 02:19 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Yeah, it was a tough matchup no matter how you slice it -- Sonlen was really your only chance against such high defense (barring nuts-o divide rolls), but he was hard to bring in with the Marro Warriors running around. Plus Chris Perkins was playing an excellent game and gave you no openings -- really impressive OM management on his part.
Agreed. He played it perfectly.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 3rd, 2019, 11:05 AM

Second video for the week: @All Your Pie v @kevindola ! Still coming from Round 1 of OHS Season 33 (which ended last week, so you may know the outcome already). It's a really cool matchup where AYP decides to play not 10, but 105 points under!

I will apologize for the audio -- it's mostly good but in a couple places gets a little scratchy. This was because we had to change our recording method and weren't aware of the perks of the new one. We'll be keeping a closer eye on it in the future.

10 Points Under Videos

Old August 4th, 2019, 04:09 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Thanks very much for putting the time into creating these. I have watched and enjoyed every one of them!

Put me on the list if you ever wanted/needed a guest commentator
Old August 5th, 2019, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Thanks very much for putting the time into creating these. I have watched and enjoyed every one of them!

Put me on the list if you ever wanted/needed a guest commentator
That's super happy to hear coming from you! Thanks so much! I'd love to have you guest commentate as well! (I'll try not to fanboy too much.) True and I have a few more games we're doing with the two of us to make sure we've got our groove on, but we're hoping to be able to start getting guests in soon!

10 Points Under Videos

Old August 5th, 2019, 03:19 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'm down to lay down some guest commentary as well.
Old August 6th, 2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I'm down to lay down some guest commentary as well.
That's awesome and happy, thanks so much! We'll definitely keep you posted! It's really great to have so many big names interested!

10 Points Under Videos

Old August 7th, 2019, 12:44 PM

Our coverage of Online Heroscape Season 33 continues with footage from the Round 1 game of @Coolio vs @vegietarian18 . Sources say we can expect some wild dragon vs dragon, lizard vs lizard, and undead vs undead action as things heat up down on the front lines. Our experts(?) Bigga and True are there on the scene, reporting (and laughing at) each new development. Join them now to witness first second third-ish hand of this breathtaking event.

We do again apologize for the sometimes-scratchy audio, and hope that this will be the last video with that tendency. Stay tuned for even more Reverse-the-Whip action coming your way at 8. I mean, Saturday.

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; August 7th, 2019 at 10:41 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports