Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old January 30th, 2010, 11:11 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Tandros Kreel

Why diminish previous and possibly future powers by making it auto destroy?

As other have pointed out, there are certain card powers that can kick in that will allow a squaddie to attempt to save itself. That is the reason for it, nothing more.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old February 14th, 2010, 01:08 PM

Acinonyx has disabled reputation

Ok, I need help. Last night we were playing the DnD heroes vs. an undead horde. Three of my zombies end their move adjacent to the cleric, who is adjacent to Tandros. One of the zombies is adjacent to Tandros. All the zombies are on the same level, and eligible for the special attack.

Does the zombie special attack Tandros even though he is only adjacent to one of the zombies? Is the zombie special attack disallowed somehow because the one next to Tandros can't participate? Or do they get to roll six attacks in revenge on the mean cleric?
Old February 14th, 2010, 01:48 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acinonyx View Post
Three of my zombies end their move adjacent to the cleric, who is adjacent to Tandros. One of the zombies is adjacent to Tandros. All the zombies are on the same level, and eligible for the special attack.

Does the zombie special attack Tandros even though he is only adjacent to one of the zombies? Is the zombie special attack disallowed somehow because the one next to Tandros can't participate? Or do they get to roll six attacks in revenge on the mean cleric?
The Zombie who is engaged with Tandros can only attack Tandros so he cannot participate in a Special Attack on Ana. Further, the Zombie Onslaught Special Attack cannot be leveled at Tandros unless he is engaged with at least 3, same level, Zombies.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; February 14th, 2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old February 26th, 2010, 08:37 PM

TheOtherGuy has disabled reputation

I tired a few searches and read through the whole book, and I didn't see this addressed. Does Combat Challenge also affect leaving engagement attacks? If my Krav breaks away from an orc who happens to be engaged with Tandros, does the orc get to swipe me or is he restricted to attacking Tandros? If this worked, it is an interesting way to give someone a limited form of Disengage. Has this been covered / ruled on anywhere? Thanks.
Old February 26th, 2010, 08:39 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherGuy View Post
I tired a few searches and read through the whole book, and I didn't see this addressed. Does Combat Challenge also affect leaving engagement attacks? If my Krav breaks away from an orc who happens to be engaged with Tandros, does the orc get to swipe me or is he restricted to attacking Tandros? If this worked, it is an interesting way to give someone a limited form of Disengage. Has this been covered / ruled on anywhere? Thanks.
Technically, "leaving engagement attacks" are really "passing swipes" or something similar, so are not an attack.

Edit: Nevermind, the glossary of the new D&D rule book does term it a "leaving engagement attack," so you might have something there. I could see it going either way, but it is still not technically a "normal or special" attack, so I'd still say no.

Edit2: and Necroblade gave a better explanation right below as I was thinking this through.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Last edited by Fencerjared; February 26th, 2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: better explanations than mine.
Old February 26th, 2010, 08:44 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

"Leaving engagement attacks," as Fencer notes, are best thought of as "passing swipes" - they are similarly unaffected by powers like the Omnicron Snipers' Deadly Shot (When attacking with Omnicron Snipers, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit). If a power works with passing swipes, it will be spelled out, like the Deepwyrm Drow's Poison Weapons (Each time a Deepwyrm Drow attacks a small, medium, or large Hero with a normal attack or a leaving engagement attack and inflicts at least 1 wound, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-11, nothing happens. If you roll a 12 or higher, add 1 additional wound to the defending figure).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 26th, 2010, 10:05 PM

TheOtherGuy has disabled reputation

Ah, thanks. I has assumed that passing swipes were still allowed against others, but as was pointed out the rulebook does call them "attacks". But I agree - the comparisons with the Omnicrons/Minions and the Drow make a lot of sense. Thanks. Turns out I was playing it right.
Old February 27th, 2010, 05:55 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart

This guy with Ana Karithon and Raelin is pretty much invincible. Not to mention my army wasn't really equipped for a super buffed hero.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old March 4th, 2010, 07:26 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Finally picked up this set, and was extremely disappointed in my Tandros...

His shoulder is sticking a good amount off of the rest of his body, and one of his foot pegs wasn't inserted into the hole before it was glued, so it looks like he's stepping on a rock.

Does anyone else have these problems? Anyone know how to fix it? Normally if I'm unhappy with a figure, I take a paintbrush to it, but I can't use paint to fix the actual figure.
Old March 4th, 2010, 08:05 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Dip it in hot water, set it into the wanted position, and let it cool.
Old March 4th, 2010, 08:14 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temprit View Post
This guy with Ana Karithon and Raelin is pretty much invincible. Not to mention my army wasn't really equipped for a super buffed hero.
I've found his attack lacking. 4 is good but not enough for the pirmary offensive figure in an army. But put Darrak in the mix and you've really got something. Although the thief shouldn't be used in that role in DnD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post

His shoulder is sticking a good amount off of the rest of his body, and one of his foot pegs wasn't inserted into the hole before it was glued, so it looks like he's stepping on a rock.

Does anyone else have these problems? Anyone know how to fix it? Normally if I'm unhappy with a figure, I take a paintbrush to it, but I can't use paint to fix the actual figure.
Theres a lot of people with your problems. I don't know if there's a good solution but the DDM version of Tandros is only a buck or two, or you could buy another HS version from Auggie's but its probably luck of the draw there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
Dip it in hot water, set it into the wanted position, and let it cool.
Not going to work for these problems. They are issues of how the pieces are glued together, not just bent plastic.
Old March 4th, 2010, 10:39 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post

Theres a lot of people with your problems. I don't know if there's a good solution but the DDM version of Tandros is only a buck or two, or you could buy another HS version from Auggie's but its probably luck of the draw there too.
Okay, wasn't sure about that. Most of my other figures are fine (One drow has a little of his peg out, but I can ignore that one), just Tandros is really bugging me... I'm too cheap to actually buy another single figure, and it'll probably be quite a while before I get another Master Set to replace him.

I could always replace him with Spartacus.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units