Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old May 7th, 2008, 07:03 PM

'Scaper Zeta Woo who?
Re: Custom Common Hero Contest!

Well, I just found this Contest and decided to try my luck so without further ado here's my tentative card.

Old May 7th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
Berzerker charge is a little confusing to me. Can you move any unit again, or just the one that already moved?
Well, I intended it to be just the viking that already moved. That is not how the Venoc and Aubriens work, but when you frenzy, you are taking another turn. Also, the word again indicates to me that the Skald that has already moved is the only one that this power applies to. I think that's reasonable, but rules experts might say I'm making too many assumptions.
The wording is clear enough. The unit works, IMO.

Old May 7th, 2008, 11:49 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper Zeta View Post
Well, I just found this Contest and decided to try my luck so without further ado here's my tentative card.

Awesome. I made a squad with almost those exact abilities, but I like this one, too!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:32 AM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:

I'm mixed on this one. I really like the Protect the Pack Leader ability. It's like a cross between Shield Wall and Adjacent Tough.

Now for the rest. Darklord Bonding is nice; it's certainly a wish-list power. However, how is he a "mauler?" With an Attack of only 2 (boosted to 3 with Relentless Assault), he isn't a really powerful individual. I know he is only 25 points; I guess you are saying that it's worth 100 points to use Bonding to keep these guys adjacent, and to have Khosumet be a 3/4 figure, treating him as having a double base and double Attack (Relentless Assault would raise the common to Attack 3).

I can't find fault in that. However, it seems that the name Mauler should really go with a meaner figure. I suggest either changing the name (though I like it, per se), or perhaps giving this figure Unleashed Fury. This would allow you to show that he is a true Mauler, while also showing how vulnerable he is without the Darklord to keep his fury in check (no chance of rolling a 1). If you don't have Khosumet and you do roll a 1, then you could remove any one Anubian Mauler you control.

Old May 8th, 2008, 12:35 AM

General Statement:

These entries are really showing what I've felt all along - that the game designers dropped the ball when they discontinued making common heroes. There is so much untapped potential in this concept; more so, I think, than in the Unique Squad market.

Old May 8th, 2008, 05:58 PM

'Scaper Zeta Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I'm mixed on this one. I really like the Protect the Pack Leader ability. It's like a cross between Shield Wall and Adjacent Tough.

Now for the rest. Darklord Bonding is nice; it's certainly a wish-list power. However, how is he a "mauler?" With an Attack of only 2 (boosted to 3 with Relentless Assault), he isn't a really powerful individual. I know he is only 25 points; I guess you are saying that it's worth 100 points to use Bonding to keep these guys adjacent, and to have Khosumet be a 3/4 figure, treating him as having a double base and double Attack (Relentless Assault would raise the common to Attack 3).

I can't find fault in that. However, it seems that the name Mauler should really go with a meaner figure. I suggest either changing the name (though I like it, per se), or perhaps giving this figure Unleashed Fury. This would allow you to show that he is a true Mauler, while also showing how vulnerable he is without the Darklord to keep his fury in check (no chance of rolling a 1). If you don't have Khosumet and you do roll a 1, then you could remove any one Anubian Mauler you control.

I totally agree with you on the point that he probaly should have something to make him seem more nasty with a name like "Mauler". It was just a name that struck me as nice an wolf-ie so in light of that fact I revised the card to include Unleashed Fury as you suggested and dropped his attack to one to maybe try and balance him out more as I'd really like to keep it at 25 points.

Old May 8th, 2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
I totally agree with you on the point that he probaly should have something to make him seem more nasty with a name like "Mauler". It was just a name that struck me as nice an wolf-ie so in light of that fact I revised the card to include Unleashed Fury as you suggested and dropped his attack to one to maybe try and balance him out more as I'd really like to keep it at 25 points.

This is interesting. He is the same cost as one Anubian Wolf.
What he has over them:
Darklord Bonding
Protect the Pack Leader

What they have over him:
+2 Defense
3 activations

Do these cancel out? Quite possibly. The 3 activations, with a potentially VERY high attack, is huge. Darklord Bonding is probably close, though, since it can give a reliable extra Attack Die due to Relentless Assault. However, you would then risk Khosumet on the front lines. This would nerf his "glyph" power. Protect the Pack Leader helps to alleviate this. The extra 2 Defense of the Anubians, however, really give them a chance to survive for a while.

I wonder if you can't give him an extra Defense Die, and still keep him at 25 points. This is a tough one to judge!

Old May 8th, 2008, 08:53 PM

RennixTheThf has disabled reputation
Lightbulb Re: Custom Common Hero Contest!

ok i guess i wasn't so clear about my card ... the point of my thief is to steal from your oppent AND your own figures. And as for the markers they include Viking spirts, exp markers on sams, gernades on airborn, and (the main reason) negation markers, i hate those.. after getting the bonus he can use them like the char he stole them from..if stolen negation from morisbane (who is tricky) he can now use it like morsbane, however if your stealing a negation marker of a unit who is negated then the thief is negatied but your hero is not (which is good) also if you steal a gernade you can use it like the airborn and they now can not (2 birds in one stone or errr marker) but yes as for the sams you steal there markers you now can get exp markers on your own. But yes my figure is majorly situational but lets face it if you can distribute negation marks how you want ...isn't he worth adding... i hate those negations

As for the low attack if you use him with micros and the krav and other tricky units he has an attack of two. But i will let you know i am looking to add bonding to him and/or stealth dodge
Old May 8th, 2008, 09:07 PM

'Scaper Zeta Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:

What he has over them:
Darklord Bonding
Protect the Pack Leader

What they have over him:
+2 Defense
3 activations

Do these cancel out? Quite possibly. The 3 activations, with a potentially VERY high attack, is huge. Darklord Bonding is probably close, though, since it can give a reliable extra Attack Die due to Relentless Assault. However, you would then risk Khosumet on the front lines. This would nerf his "glyph" power. Protect the Pack Leader helps to alleviate this. The extra 2 Defense of the Anubians, however, really give them a chance to survive for a while.

I wonder if you can't give him an extra Defense Die, and still keep him at 25 points. This is a tough one to judge!
I know I was actually thinking about that myself, and how another defense would be nice, but it may unbalance him from being able to be at 25 points which is where I'd like to keep him at.

If anyone else has views or opinions on this matter I'd love to hear them.
Old May 8th, 2008, 09:27 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What he has over them:
Darklord Bonding
Protect the Pack Leader

What they have over him:
+2 Defense
3 activations

I know I was actually thinking about that myself, and how another defense would be nice, but it may unbalance him from being able to be at 25 points which is where I'd like to keep him at.

I think he's done pretty well, but you might want to change unleashed fury a little to add the defense. Maybe make it "if you get a 20, you must thank whatever gods you believe in and add 6 attack to you mauler."<grin>
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:30 PM

'Scaper Zeta Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What he has over them:
Darklord Bonding
Protect the Pack Leader

What they have over him:
+2 Defense
3 activations

I think he's done pretty well, but you might want to change unleashed fury a little to add the defense. Maybe make it "if you get a 20, you must thank whatever gods you believe in and add 6 attack to you mauler."<grin>
Wow, honestly I hadn't thought of lowering and/or changing around the numbers for Unleashed Fury! So thanks for that, I lowered the final attack boost to +6 and added one to his defense, I'm thinking this I pretty good. But as always I'm open to suggestions.

Old May 8th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!

Huh, I just noticed this. Well, I'm putting together a card, but until I get it together, I will post my idea for comment and to make sure it is in on time:

Figure:

Mage Knight Brass Commander

Details:
Decoy Drone
Soulborg/Common Hero/Tricky/Medium 5
1 Life
5 Move
1 Range
0 Attack
2 Defense
10 Points

Follow the Leader- After taking a turn with any Unique Hero you control, you may move one Decoy Drone you control 5 spaces.

Protect the Leader- If a Unique Hero you control that is adjacent to a Decoy Drone you control becomes the target of an attack, you may switch the positions of the Unique Hero and the Decoy Drone (do not roll for disengagement strikes or any terrain effects) and have the Decoy Drone take the attack instead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games