Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old August 18th, 2019, 09:02 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville, KY Events: GenCon Main Event Practice 7/27

I was also thinking maybe about re-pooling every round, except you get to keep 1 card in your army each round (keep 1 card after round 1, 2 cards after round 2, etc).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 18th, 2019, 10:49 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

That makes it so Obsidian Guards and Dzu-Teh and other terrain dependent figured can get redrafted on the map where they shine. That’s fine in my book, just might add time between rounds. Plus make sure to rearrange drafting order between rounds so same people don’t get first pick and others get last. Maybe reverse order every other round or even make reverse of win order so last place gets first draft pick, like NBA/NFL (lottery optional)
Old August 18th, 2019, 08:48 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Yeah if we did a giant pool, it would definitely be lowest rank picks first. But I think all that drafting might take too long. I like this, actually:

510 points, 24 figures. VC yes, Marvel no (although once you read the format it would be pretty foolish to bring Marvel anyway).

Each player brings exactly 5 cards. Duplicate Commons are allowed (3x Knights counts as 3x cards) as long as there are at least two different cards among the 5. Each round, opponents pool cards and roll off. High roll chooses who drafts first, in a snake format (1-2-2-2-2-1). After the round, each player chooses one card to keep in their army for the rest of the day. 4 rounds.

So the day will look like this:

Round 1: 10 card pools, 1-2-2-2-2-1 draft. After match keep 1.
Round 2: 1 card in each army, 8 card pools, 1-2-2-2-1 draft. After match keep another 1.
Round 3: 2 cards in each army, 6 card pools, 1-2-2-1 draft. After match keep another 1.
Round 4: 3 cards in each army, 4 card pools, 1-2-1 draft.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 19th, 2019, 12:49 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville, KY Events: Draft Format 8/24

Sounds good except I would up it to 6 cards and enforce you bring AT least 510 points in those 6 cards, as otherwise your cards must average 100 points each and most people are not going to bring low cost heroes/squads so many games at least one person would end up short on points. If you brought 3 * 70 point squads, that would leave you 300 points and I think 3 cards is better than 2, but maybe your intent is to force people to bring heavy hitters.

Personally I would make it 7 cards and and minimum of 600 points in your pool just give more leeway, but up to you.
Old August 19th, 2019, 06:42 PM

With more cards I would want to go more rounds, but we don't have the attendance for that. So I think we can just set min/max point totals for the cards everyone brings, but you can still end up with above/below that number in your army depending on how the drafts go (and with that in mind I'd think balancing your cards reasonably well against each other would be a good idea).

Also: @Viideosayg , @Deroche , I need my Guilty/Darrak back, please.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 21st, 2019, 05:20 PM

Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker

this sounds pretty cool, looking forward to it!
Old August 24th, 2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
@Viideosayg is borrowing Darrak and Guilty (who will also be used by @Deroche).
Don't forget I still need these back, please!

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 27th, 2019, 10:55 PM

Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker

Drafting was a refreshing change of pace, I look forward to that format again.
Old September 11th, 2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Same!

Speaking of formats, any suggestions for 9/28? We could try a draft format again, but I'll be going to the Lou City soccer game that night and might have to duck out earlier than usual. Also there are rumors of a @MegaSilver appearance that day...

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 11th, 2019, 09:23 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Same!

Speaking of formats, any suggestions for 9/28? We could try a draft format again, but I'll be going to the Lou City soccer game that night and might have to duck out earlier than usual. Also there are rumors of a @MegaSilver appearance that day...
"The reports of my return are greatly exaggerated."
Old September 11th, 2019, 09:28 PM

Re: Louisville, KY Events: Suggest-a-Format 9/28

I was thinking maybe just keep it simple every other month and pick an unused point total?
Old September 15th, 2019, 08:12 AM

Re: Louisville, KY Events: Suggest-a-Format 9/28

Quote:
I was thinking maybe just keep it simple every other month and pick an unused point total?
That has always worked for me. Any particular point total? I'm going to throw out 465 as a random number.

In other news, @Viideosayg has talked to TTD about having us on the 28th. We'll meet there this month and see how it goes, then we can decide if we want to stick to BGM or move to TTD.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events