Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old February 7th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Cheyenne, WY tourny Saturday Jan 22nd

Date: Saturday March 19th
Time: noon till 7:00 pm.
Place: Cyborgs Puzzles and Games, Cheyenne, WY www.cyborgs.com for map
Entry fee: Prize donation puchased from Cyborgs gaming. Sticker price on the item must be at least $9.00 however there will be a 20% discount for all items purchased as prize donations. Grand prize will be an amount of store credit equal to $1 per player plus $10. Store discounts will not be applied to items purchased using grand prize money, however any amount not covered by the prize may be discounted as normal. Prizes also are non-refundable.

Format: This will be a rolling rumble draft format with points scored for figures killed for losing player only as a tie breaker. Winning order is decided by number of wins minus number of losses. At 6 pm no new games will be started. Highest roller picks either draft order or an available map he has not yet played on. Each turn the player may pick two unique or uncommon cards or as many copies of a common card as they want, if not all copies of a common are picked then remainders are undraftable. Only one copy of a unique is draftable. Special rule for Raelin and Drake, if both versions are present then both are draftable, however both versions may not be in the same army.

Points are still to be decided. I am considering rolling for each point value. We will vote on this at the start of the event. Each player will bring 15 cards. Combined with the opponent that makes for 30 cards to be drafted from. Figures must be placed on the map as soon as they are drafted. On head of battle maps, each charactor picked on a draft turn must be placed adjacent to the others picked on that turn. They may not be placed adjacent to any enemy figures. If no spot is available that follow these rules then the remaining figures may be placed anywhere on the map. For maps with start zones, figures may simply be placed anywhere in the start zone, but may not be moved once the other player starts placing his pick of figures.

Last edited by Cyborgs Gaming; March 17th, 2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old February 18th, 2011, 10:30 AM

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 2nd Cheyenne Tourny Saturday March 19th

well, lets talk about this people. I've gotten almost no input other than people talking to me at the store. Is anyone outside of the Cheyenne group even considering coming? Is randomized points each game a good idea or should it be set to 520? This got kicked clear back to page 3
Old March 1st, 2011, 07:56 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

What composes the draft pool?

I don't want to say anything yet about coming or not, but I've got my eye on this. I've always wanted to play in a tourney but I've never had the chance and with moving to Germany, I don't see the chances being very good of being able to do it in the near future.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 1st, 2011, 01:14 PM

the draft pool is each player bringing 15 cards, so 30 cards total to be drafted bettween each player.

I've talked things over with the store regulars and we have agreed that it would be good to make it Heat of Battle as well. all members of a squad must be placed adjacent to other members of the squad. Also figures may not be placed adjacent to an enemy figure
Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:00 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Is it the same 15 cards for the whole tournament that a person contributes to the draft pool, or can they be swapped out between games?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:32 PM

same 15 cards, your armies change though depending on what you draft each game
Old March 17th, 2011, 07:16 PM

Well, 6 maps are currently assembled. There are tables set up for up to 11 maps with another table set aside for snacks and one more for prizes. One person has purchased his prize support so far. I expect at least 8 people to attend. 11 attended the last event. As many as 14 are expected and I have room for up to 20. I think this will be an exciting event. Everyone will get prizes and also there are T-shirts available for purchase for only $8.00 (they cost me $9.06 each). Plus sizes are slightly higher though.

Saturday: Now all 11 maps have been built, though one may be removed as it is really just filling in space. 8 people have purchased prize support. I'd expect at least 4 more to add prizes in tomorrow. One new person who had some older Heroscape stuff has come out of hiding with a lava set and some other older stuff, so we now have a map with lava on it. Most of the maps have SOTM and castle terrain as that is what people have access to. I'm closing up shop and we will get started at noon tomorrow.

Last edited by Cyborgs Gaming; March 18th, 2011 at 11:44 PM. Reason: update
Old March 20th, 2011, 12:55 PM

11 people showed up. Not all at the same time though. Two had to leave early and one didn't start till near the end. Most players got in 5 games, some got 6, one got 7. I'm especially happy about the first place winner as he is new to scape. This was only his first time playing competitively, though he does have some very hard to find stuff.
Top six:
Brett 5-0: Wins over Andy, Marshall, Nick, Rodney, and Will
lafleurhero 4-1: Wins over Henry, Kayla, Andy, and Nick. Loss to Brett
Will 3-1: Wins over Rodney, Eric, and Kayla. Loss to Brett
Mike 1-0: Win against Kayla
Matt 1-1: Win over Andy. Lost to Rodney
Andy 3-4: Wins over Henry, Rodney, and Eric. Losses to Brett, Nick, lafleurhero, and Matt
Old March 20th, 2011, 05:54 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Sounds like your tourney went great! Looks like a great turn out! Awesome!

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:19 PM

It was pretty good. The prize support was much better since I put guidelines on it. The $21 first place prize I think was a pretty nice way to go. Having all the prizes bought here helped to cover for that. There were a few people that would have liked to have played but had to work. We will do another probably in June just after school is out for the summer, hopefully another day of the week. One problem is that I still had a store to run and I'd have to stop in the middle of games to help customers, but that is good. Hopefully by the next one there will be another person working here to do those things for me. Some of the others help out quite a bit but can't really do things like ring up sales and such for me.
Old March 21st, 2011, 11:01 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Looks like you're building a good size Heroscape community up there! Keep up the good work!
Old May 27th, 2011, 12:40 PM

I copied this from a different thread that I started. I reposted here because some other posts are linked to this one. Plus I said that I would update this one with any future events. My mistake was making the other thread.

The next Heroscape tournament is now set for Saturday June 11th. Event starts at noon and last game will be called at 5:30 pm. At 6 pm if any games are still being played then they must complete that and one more round, then determine the winner based on points (scoring only one win). Format is Rolling Rumble with a small change, now full wins will count double, a win based on points because of a stale mate or time will count as 1 win, and a loss is just a loss. Points will still be used as a tie breaker. Marvel will be banned from this event as will Deathreavers. Armies may consist only of Valkryl and Utgar or any two other factions. 590 point armies, no more than 3 of a particular common squad may be used. Custom units may not be used, that includes Samuel Brown and other "official" customs that were never actually printed. Models may be repainted though as long as they keep the correct shape.

There is an entry fee of $5. 100% of this will be returned as store credit to the top 3 finishers split at approximately 50/30/20%. All other participants will receive a prize picked in order of how they finish. Note that I as store owner am providing the additional prizes in place of my $5 entry fee, each of these prizes will be something small in the $2-$9 range while the minimum a store credit winner will receive is $10.

I will be setting up five of the maps on Friday the 10th. We will need at least 5, but no more than 7 additional maps, and possibly an extra table or two, as well as a few chairs. We will once again have a mix of Standard symmetrical maps and non-symmetrical heat-of-battle maps. I prefer that any maps brought in by other people be brought in on Friday, but if this is an inconvenience then Please bring them by 11 am on Saturday so that they can be modified if needed.

The scheduled Pokemon TCG event will still take place. It will be held next door.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events