Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old February 4th, 2017, 04:48 AM

jesus20456 is surprisingly tart
Heroscape Duel

So I've gotten really into the new pokemon Duel phone game, and I've decided to try to modify Heroscape, since thematically, the mechanics of Pokemon Duel actually work great for Heroscape. The changes would be as follows:

1. The objectives would change. Each player has a summoning pool at their edge of the map. They can summon from this pool, and the goal of the game is to protect your summoning pool and take the enemy's.

2. At the start of the game, when you first use an order marker on a card, you can summon the figures from that card onto a space around the summoning pool and take your first turn with them as normal.

3. When all the figures on a card are destroyed, this card is not removed from the game, instead move the card to the top of an "unsummonable cards" pile. Once three cards enter this pile, remove the bottom card. This card can be used to summon the figures on it as described in the second change. This is to represent the immortality and summoning abilities on valhalla.

I'd love to hear some thoughts on how this type of game could be played/improved.

jesus20456 is Gorillinator...
in the
Calderan Island...
Old February 4th, 2017, 11:27 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape Duel

Interesting concepts. First question: How do you take your enemies pool? Second: If figures can keep coming back into the game, how many points do you get to make your army with? This could make it impossible to take your opponent's pool. Third: How does this work with common figures? The Unsummonable cards pile sound like a graveyard pile of sorts that can eventually be summoned again. I appreciate alternate ways of playing this game because I have played it quite a long time. I actually made a small additional rule set added to Heroscape called Heroscape Skirmish Assault. There's a link to the pdf in my signature. It took me a year and a half to play test it and get it where it was balanced and really fun. If you are serious about making an alternate way of playing sometimes it takes a bit of work. You have to think out all the details and see how exactly you blend it with Heroscape. Good luck with your project. Some of these variants help the game live on even after it has become a little dull from overplaying it. (I would know for sure.)

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 4th, 2017, 03:17 PM

Thanks for your feedback.

1. The way to take your opponent's pool is simply to get one of your units to the edge of your opponent's field. This kind of buffs faster unit.

2. It'd require smaller armies, since otherwise you could just cram all your figures next to your base and just kind of stall out a game. I'll have to playtest some more, but I find as long as no one gets like x3 deathreavers, 400 points works out just fine.

3. The way the common squads work is the same as others, if enough die to consist of one card, they go to the graveyard and can eventually be summoned back into the game that way. You don't have to wait for

This is definitely in the starting stages, but I do intend to keep working on it, I would appreciate some help with the playtesting though if anyone is interested.

in the
Calderan Island...
Old February 4th, 2017, 09:18 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

When you have all the rules lined out, and all the differences or special rules stated and listed in an easy to understand way, then you can go about testing. Finding people to test your game, or scenario is something I'm not to sure about. Getting people to spend their time to invest in something requires them to either get something from it, or be completely in love with your project and want it to succeed. The customs groups on here such as C3V, C3G, HOSS, all have play testing threads dedicated to compatible customs and still lack public play testers. The truth is: People don't want to do the work, they just like to get new stuff. The exception is the people that really want to see something succeed. Good luck with your project. With my project, I invested time and was able to locally get people to invest time with me to test my project thoroughly(Over a year and a half) to get it where it was easy to understand, accomplished what I wanted(use all your units every round) and number one, keep it fun. After all the work and efforts, I have had a decent response and I'm sure there are plenty of people that have tried my PDF rule set and had a good time with it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 5th, 2017, 06:51 PM

Thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can flesh out the idea a bit and start with the testing phase.

in the
Calderan Island...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions