Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 6th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wednsday night Arkham Horror

We have discussion going about Arkham Horror on 3 different threads and also in private message, going in all different directions. I made this thread so we can get all of the talk about it on one single thread. It is pretty well set that we will play Wednsday night, after the Heroscape setups. Location isn't decided yet. The hotel I'm staying at is a possibility. Probably we want a better location though and just use my hotel as a backup. If I am right, Arkham Horror is normally is maxed out at 8 players but with the expansions it can go to 16? Is this correct?

For the player list we have:
1. Drumline3469 (bringing the game)
2. Drumlines friend
3. lafluerhero
4. Hendel

I know some others have expressed an intrest in playing as well, but not guaranteed. Having a few people on standby to play is probably a good idea too. I also am sorry if you are for sure but I didn't put you. Feel free to add yourself and if it's for sure or not
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker
Re: Wednsday night Arkham Horror

From what I've read on the Gencon boards, there should be open table space at the Hyatt.
Old August 6th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

I will be there, but it looks like my buddy is meeting up with some of his old college friends for some VS System TCG Wednesday night so I'm on my own, which means I am free for whatever. I'm bringing Arkham Horror (do we wants Innsmouth or Kingsport, or should we start with the basic. I'm for the latter). My buddy is still under the idea that we should leave Wichita at 5 which puts us in Indy by 4. We need to get our tickets and such, but then I will be good. I don't know how longs the Will-Call line will be, but I will keep you all posted on my arrival time.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 6th, 2009, 06:04 PM

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would like to use one of the expansions too, but your probably right that basic is better. I guess it depends on how many experienced players join.
Old August 6th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

As long as it's after setup, Kathy and I will almost certainly be there. She has played the game before, and I will double-check with her tonight and confirm. I have the expansions, and while only 8 are "supposed" to play, we can easily have more.

Do we use heralds and/or guardians?
Do we use epic rules for fighting the ancient one when/if it awakens?
Which ancient ones to use (from which sets)?
Which big boards or small exapansions do we use, if any?

My personal preference:
1) Use one herald and one guardian
2) Have all characters and ancient ones available
3) Use all character cards (spells, skills, allies, injury, madness, items of both types) from all the big sets
4) Use all the monsters (mask also for Nyarlathotep) from all the sets
5) For flavor, make sure the herald matches the Ancient One, such as Hydra/Dagon for Cthulhu, King in Yellow for Hastur, Dark Pharaoh for Nyarlathotep, and Dunwich Horror for Azatoth
6) If Azatoth is pulled as the Ancient one; use the Dunwich board; if Cthulhu, and the King in Yellow expansion (basic board only) if Nyarathotep is used.

Just my thoughts.

Old August 6th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

I have not played with the expansions yet, but I have read all the rules. I'm down for playing however you guys want to play.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 7th, 2009, 02:00 AM

Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker

We'll be down Wednesday night, if it's a newb friendly game Kyrie and I would probably be interested in joining. I've played similar sounding games but Kyrie would be pretty new at all of this.

Traders: Hoser, Sphere, Taeblewalker, DiscoStu, Hogg, Onacara, Skeletor, Cavalier, PonchoMan, Just_a_Bill, KRUG!, Wytefang, i2hot4u, Jim, Lakai, NEWT, nerdcorerocks, JediNate, Mutt Lo.
Old August 7th, 2009, 02:19 AM

well, it is a complicated game, but we are all on the same team. It doesn't really matter if some people have never played before, you don't even really need to learn the rules right away. As long as one or two people know how to play that is all that matters. If anyone has played Touch of Evil, well that game is basicly a watered down version of Arkham Horror, and I have played it.
Old August 7th, 2009, 02:53 AM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sign me up.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old August 7th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not landing in Indianapolis until about 7pm. (Thanks for changing my flight Continental!) I don't know if there will be room at the table to play, but I'd definitely be interesting in being social if nothing else. If I'm there, Menchi will probably be there as well.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old August 7th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worseley View Post
We'll be down Wednesday night, if it's a newb friendly game Kyrie and I would probably be interested in joining. I've played similar sounding games but Kyrie would be pretty new at all of this.
The addition of new characters and skills, etc. is of no real additional complexity. Playing the basic board with perhaps more encounter cards from the other expansions is, again, of no real additional complexity.
I suggest then leaving out heralds, guardians, and additional boards if it would be a problem for a first time player, and just keeping the various monsters, skills, items, and spells with characters and allies and such.
The bonus Arkham encounter cards are fine, too, plus injury and madness (just pretend they were always the way to deal with being knocked out or driven mad).

Also, since Cthulhu lowers everyone's stats at the beginning, it's not the best way for a first time player to learn the game. I suggest some other great old one; one that doesn't directly mess with character's stats or movement (like the one makes ice storms slowing movement the whole game). Let's choose one that simply makes cultists stronger or add gives additional toughness to specific monsters. That way, first time players can learn the "pure" game, without already having to start with a 7/3 character who becomes 6/2 before the game even starts.

Old August 7th, 2009, 01:43 PM

Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker

Well another good question would be what time do you think you guys may be playing?

We learned allot coming last year, so we're going to be making it down earlier on Wednesday. I also signed us up for Stink 6 so we can meet some people and do what we didn't get to do last year :P

I think Stink is from 7-9pm? So we may just be making it to hard for you guys to accommodate us. I'd love to meet you guys though. Taeblewalker recently did a HUGE favor for me and I'd like to shake his hand and Kyrie (yes her real name is Kyrie!) doesn't believe me that Lafleurhero was talking about wearing a WarBonnet to the Con

Traders: Hoser, Sphere, Taeblewalker, DiscoStu, Hogg, Onacara, Skeletor, Cavalier, PonchoMan, Just_a_Bill, KRUG!, Wytefang, i2hot4u, Jim, Lakai, NEWT, nerdcorerocks, JediNate, Mutt Lo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con