Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 1st, 2007, 01:02 AM

Minnion has disabled reputation
What would you put in a terrain exspantion?

Me I would make a desert set with 24 hex sand tiles as well as a large scull LOS blocker and possibly some bleached rib sections. Some repainted glacial mountains (Made with different color plastic would also work for this purpose)
For figures to go with it I would give it some desert orcs maybe a common squad of them on rhinos or something... Actualy throw in some heroes and more terrain and you have yourself the next expansion, perhaps something like Orcish Wasteland... The desert orcs could even belong to the new general and have the yellowish color-scheam.

A savanna tree pack to complement the desert just like the jungle tree pack compliments SOTM

A shipwreck set with some water and some pirates would also be nice, could even have the sparky water... If not pirates a group of some amphibious creatures like frogs or crabs would be interesting or even some fish people...

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old August 1st, 2007, 01:29 AM

I V has disabled reputation
I have made my own terrain expansion, kind of.
I got two of the TT sets, Painted the Glaciers as rock outcrops, and the snow grey. I use the grey tiles as Loose rock, same rules as heavy snow. We even have house adaptation for mountain Yeti. They have Mountain Movement, and Ignore loose rock.
I did this up because I have 4 TT sets and too much snow (from the waves). They look good on the battlefield, and give me a new choice when not playing winterscapes.

I would like to see new Ruins in future stuff though.
Old August 1st, 2007, 03:52 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Candyland would be an excellent expansion.
Old August 1st, 2007, 04:00 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Urban, no question. About half asphalt and half concrete/road tiles. Some catwalk pieces that clip down onto the edge of a hex like the battlements, but support a protruding horizontal platform the same size and shape as the painted area of one hex. Metal-looking ladders. A couple big things like machinery or stacks of cargo containers, plus some small things like basketball hoops, streetlights, and fireplugs.
Old August 1st, 2007, 05:07 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
What would I put in a terrain exspantion???

I would put in one less T and change the S around
Old August 1st, 2007, 09:55 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
What would I put in a terrain exspantion???

I would put in one less T and change the S around
Aw, I'm too late. I was going to say "a dictionary."
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:01 AM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
I would most definitely put terrain tiles in a terrain expansion.

Long live Heroscape.
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:32 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I would put some TARRAIN in an EXSPANSTION.

Old August 1st, 2007, 10:35 AM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
RUN noobs !!! It's the Grammar Gestapo!!
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:58 AM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
AHHHH ohh noooo....
Oh wait, I spell correctly.

On topic though, I was thinking about this, and trying hard to think of what I think I need the most, or run out of first. However, if you get about 1 of everything other than a few Master Sets, it's fairly balanced, I never thought about it before,

It's like they planned it or something
So I'd make no terrain expansion (it almost looks wrong now that its been spelt so many ways), unless it was full of NEW stuff

*EDIT*
I just thought of this. It's not entirely new, but I'd make a terrain expansion with more desert pieces (maybe some dessert too, mmmm), AND here's the new thing; I would add optional official rules for the desert tiles and possibly even the rock. They could make some actual rock pieces to go with it too, that are just new LoS blockers. I think a wonderful rule that would fit with the adventurous and sometimes random nature of Heroscape is quick sand... never quite sure, but you might suddenly start sinking!

::Nathan Hoel::
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:09 AM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I don't know. Perhaps wooden spaces/walls/bridges. Maybe even a waterfall that it actually appears as if the water is falling off of it instead of putting water hexes vertically down it.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:09 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I would include a spellchecker in each expansion.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion