Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old September 25th, 2016, 06:42 AM

Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker
Fabletop

What is Fabletop?

Fabletop is a tabletop role-playing game that is played in your web browser. The game utilizes a simple rule set that is designed to work in any setting and emphasise role-play over strategic game play or anything like that. It's all about fun and story telling and is specifically made to incorporate people who have never played a TRPG before.

I've been playing Fabletop for three years now (mostly as a Game Master or GM - someone who narrates the stories, determines the out come from the dice rolls and plays the NPCs in the story)

Since joining Heroscapers I've been thinking about running a game of Fabletop set within the universe of Heroscape. As the rules work for any setting, they should also work for every setting at once, right?

I've decided to start this thread to see if anyone would be interested in playing a game or two, so I can get to know some people here a bit better!

How Do I Sign Up

1) read both of these links (they're not too long) to understand the basic rules of the game and Fabletop's site rules:
http://fabletop.com/help/code-of-conduct
http://fabletop.com/help/introduction

2) Head to www.Fabletop.com/table/oman1666

3) Create a character! (see character creation rules below)

4) Post a reply on this thread stating your Fabletop user-name and the name of the character you've created.

Character Creation

Fabletop uses a very simple character creation interface with a few basic stats and two custom skills (called traits) that can more or less be anything you want.

For the purpose of the game, I'm going to ask that everyone invents an original character that would fit within the lore of Heroscape. (existing characters from the game may appear as NPCs.). For story purposes, make your character someone who would align with Jandar, Ullar, Einar, Vydar or Aquilla. The forces of Utgar and Vakrill will be NPC enemies.

The site comes with a large list of built in traits, which are separated by genre when you first make your character. As Heroscape is the battle of all time, any of these would be acceptable.

If you're feeling brave, you can also make custom traits yourself by editing your character sheet after you've made it. The format for this is as follows: Trait name: 1 - description of the trait. By using these custom traits, you can create literally any character you can imagine.

Things to Bear in Mind

-This will NOT be a game of Heroscape. Characters from the Heroscape game will act differently in battle to the board game we all know and love due to a difference in rules across the two formats. (For example, in Fabletop no one gets to throw defence dice)

-The maximum number of players the game can incorporate at once is 6 players and 1 GM (though any number of people may spectate)

-I am in based in the UK and will probably host these games around 7PM my time.

That's all for now. I'll be hanging out on my own part of the Fabletop website all day today - I hope to see some of you come by

The only Heroscaper in England.*
Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)
Old September 25th, 2016, 10:49 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Fabletop

This sounds really fun. I wouldn't be able to join because of the time difference but I am still curious. I assume that this is done in multiple sessions? If so, how long are each session? Also is there a session log that non-players can go read through to see how the session played out?
-
-
-

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old September 25th, 2016, 11:10 AM

Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Fabletop

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
This sounds really fun. I wouldn't be able to join because of the time difference but I am still curious. I assume that this is done in multiple sessions? If so, how long are each session? Also is there a session log that non-players can go read through to see how the session played out?
-
-
-
Good Questions Keglo, let me answer them for you;
-Fabletop can either be done in a one and done format, or several sessions making up a greater story (commonly called a 'campaign')
-Sessions are normally about 3 hours long, thought their length can vary greatly.
-Fabletop automatically records chat logs, so people can read through later and see what happened

Also, time difference wouldn't be as big an issue as you might think. most of the people I commonly play with on Fabletop are American, which is why I host in the evening my end to accommodate them

The only Heroscaper in England.*
Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games