Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 13th, 2010, 11:37 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Database of available figures - a work in progress.

Folks,

This is the very beginning of what I hope will eventually become an enormous database of what figures are available for purchase that can potentially be used for Heroscape customs.

Here is the link to the spreadsheet.

If you find a figure, and you think that figure would be a good choice for customs, add it to this database.

A few simple rules for editing:
  1. Follow the standards of the previous entries. Because this is a spreadsheet, it will be sortable, but the sorting is only as good as the data entry. If it's a D&D miniature, say "DDM" like the existing DDM entry, so that all DDM minis can be sorted together.
  2. Fill out all the fields. Again, the goal is to make it easy to search and sort. If people don't fill out all the fields then we could end up with duplicate entries. The "cat1" through "cat4" entries at the end are optional - if you think of something worth putting in there, go ahead, but it's optional.
  3. Don't delete or vandalize. This is obvious but I'll say it anyway. I'll be saving the entire spreadsheet off periodically, but we don't want to lose work. If you accidentally delete something, then Control Z will undo your change.
I'm sure more rules will follow, but that will do for now. Happy data-entry!

In addition, I'll be updating a simple list of possible product lines below. If you see another good potential line, then just post in this thread, following the format below.

D&D Miniatures
Spoiler Alert!

Star Wars Miniatures
Spoiler Alert!

World of Warcraft Miniatures
Spoiler Alert!

MageKnight
Prepainted, fully assembled plastic miniatures
Fantasy Genre

Dreamblade
Mutant/Horror/Dreamscape genre

Horrorclix
Various possible genres

AT-43
Sci-fi genre

Confrontation
Fantasy genre
Spoiler Alert!

Mechwarrior
Sci-fi genre
Spoiler Alert!

LotR collectible miniatures
Fantasy genre (some historical possibilities)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by dok; April 29th, 2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old November 14th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Database of available figures - a work in progress.

I think navigating that spreedsheet is going to ultimately end up being as daunting of a task as it will be for people to fill that spreedsheet out.

I don't think this is the right idea, because as that thing fills out, it will become more and more difficult to navigate through it and find figures.

I was thinking the best thing for the group would be to have two lists:

1) a list of different figure models and games that could be used by use. EXAMPLE
World of Warcraft
Last Night on Earth
Hammer of the Gods
Heroclix
Mage Knight

2) a list of links to different online stores that sells the different miniatures. EXAMPLE:
toadandtroll.com
miniaturemarket.com
games-workshop.com
Old November 14th, 2010, 12:42 AM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

You may be right, Griff, and I'm certainly willing to tinker with the approach. That said, you're aware that the lists are sortable, right? So, if I want to look at all the Heroclix figures, I just sort by the first column and then scroll down to the Heroclix section (click on the pulldown menu arrow to the right of the "A" and select "sort sheet"). Does this change your opinion of this approach?

EDIT: the one think I definitely need to change is figuring out some way to handle large sets of figures. I'm going to add a "number of figures" column for that.

Last edited by dok; November 14th, 2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old November 14th, 2010, 01:02 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Even with that, my instinct is that the data base would be a lot of work for nothing, because if I wanted to search for all Heroclix, I could just go to a store that sells them all - and that is as simple as you linking it.

I just don't want you and maybe a few more people spinning wheels when it isn't necessary, especially when that effort could go into brainstorming for new cards and/or playtesting.

I greatly appreciate you setting this up btw. What ever you end up doing here, I am sure it will serve C3V and the community. Thanks.
Old November 14th, 2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Even with that, my instinct is that the data base would be a lot of work for nothing, because if I wanted to search for all Heroclix, I could just go to a store that sells them all - and that is as simple as you linking it.
I think the greater value is in being able to pivot on something other than the product line, though. For example, there's a lot of interest in skeletons, as far as I can tell. Being able to line up all the skeletons that people have found from various manufacturers and compare them will make it a lot easier to figure out the most cost-effective and thematically consistent skeleton squad we can come up with.

Still, I'm not planning on putting a ton of effort into, say, entering the entire DDM line into this. I'll just add figures that I think are promising as I come across them. If other people do the same, the database could get really large really quickly.
Old November 14th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Should we put scale on the spreadsheet? Or a comment column where people can verify that the scale is good for Heroscape?

The skeletons look cool, but the website says that the Legendary Encounters figures are 25mm. Does anyone know if the skeletons are the right size or a little small?
Old November 14th, 2010, 11:19 AM

I think I have seen those Skeletals before and I think the scale is close enough (especially now )
Old November 14th, 2010, 12:06 PM

I could add an "estimated figure height" column, if we want that. Ideally, we want miniatures in the 28-35 mm range, I think, but 25 is acceptable IMO. (20 mm would be too small, assuming we're using them for something that should be regular human-sized.)
Old November 14th, 2010, 12:21 PM

If you are going with the spreed sheet still, good luck, but would you mind also posting the two lists that I wanted? Once those lists are up, they wouldn't require any/much updating.
Old November 14th, 2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
If you are going with the spreed sheet still, good luck, but would you mind also posting the two lists that I wanted? Once those lists are up, they wouldn't require any/much updating.
Sure, I can post lists like that. I'm quite sure I don't know all of the possible retailers and product lines, though. My approach, again, would be to "crowd-source" the problem, and just start a thread (or two) where people chime in with possible sources. Does this sound like a good idea to you?
Old November 14th, 2010, 12:43 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A good thing to do would make short forms for different brands

Example:

Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures = DDM

This will help save space.

Old November 14th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
The skeletons look cool, but the website says that the Legendary Encounters figures are 25mm. Does anyone know if the skeletons are the right size or a little small?
I have some of the LE skeletal spearmen, swordsmen, and archers. They're a bit small, admittedly, but not unduly so. I just packed up most of my figures for our upcoming move, or I would post some pics. But, if you note the pics from the link, they're standing on little patches of dirt, and, especially if you were to just glue that on top of the HS base to give it a little extra height, I think they'd be just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs