Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old February 11th, 2018, 11:22 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline literally until "the whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
One more question: if the tale is backstory for a figure without one (say, one of the DnD HS figures), and it turns out that in the backstory the figure used to be on the other side, will that work if they team up with the side you would currently expect them on? (So for example if I revealed how Brandis Skyhunter used to work for the Drow, but the story had him team up with Sharwin?)

... Or am I really stretching things too far here?

~TGRF.
That could fit the bill, but again it'd be at a disadvantage against a more obvious entry. So it would work, but you'd have to really make it work.

~TAF
Yeah, and you better bring your pointiest sticks TG. My entry is KILLER. I'm already done writing it, just 5000 words or so, but it will blow you away. I sincerely believe this is my best work yet, and I'm even thinking of turning it into a book...hmmm if that's the case maybe I should dumb it down a bit so you can't steal it! :P

Anyway I worked reeeaallllly hard on this piece, and you guys are gonna LUV it!

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old February 12th, 2018, 12:49 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord;
Yeah, and you better bring your pointiest sticks TG. My entry is KILLER. I'm already done writing it, just 5000 words or so, but it will blow you away. I sincerely believe this is my best work yet, and I'm even thinking of turning it into a book...hmmm if that's the case maybe I should dumb it down a bit so you can't steal it! :P

Well then, sounds like all it needs is some good competition then. Right guys?

Nothing worse than a killer entry with no competitors. Keep me posted, everyone.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 12th, 2018, 01:46 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Quote:
Quote:
One more question: if the tale is backstory for a figure without one (say, one of the DnD HS figures), and it turns out that in the backstory the figure used to be on the other side, will that work if they team up with the side you would currently expect them on? (So for example if I revealed how Brandis Skyhunter used to work for the Drow, but the story had him team up with Sharwin?)

~TGRF.
That could fit the bill, but again it'd be at a disadvantage against a more obvious entry. So it would work, but you'd have to really make it work.

~TAF

No worries. I am literally incapable of stealing another person's book. The book, that is. I can totally steal a setting or a scene.

I currently have nothing in the works, but a few ideas are floating around. We'll see if anything pops.

~TGRF.
Old February 12th, 2018, 10:21 AM

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Quote:
Quote:

~TGRF.

~TAF

No worries. I am literally incapable of stealing another person's book. The book, that is. I can totally steal a setting or a scene.

I currently have nothing in the works, but a few ideas are floating around. We'll see if anything pops.

~TGRF.
I know you are. Just prodding you to produce your best work to make this a challenge for TAF

EDIT: Oof, I just CAN'T decide what prompt to give you guys

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.

Last edited by Elven Lord; February 12th, 2018 at 02:45 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 01:16 AM

Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline March 5th, word limit 15000

Ok peeps, I just thought TGRF might want to know what he's up against Let's make this an awesome competition! Here's my entry. 5,500 words of pure gold!

Prepare for a rollercoaster! I am going to drop you a hundred feet with a sudden rush of emotions, then jostle you along a rickety wooden track, and finally bring you in for a nice easy landing. Ready? Set! Go!

Manzoku

Spoiler Alert!

Old February 22nd, 2018, 01:23 AM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I try to avoid reading the competition, so as to avoid accidentally stealing anything, but I opened the spoiler for a moment just to read the first line.

Quote:
As I think back on the first time I died, [...]
Congratulations, EL. Welcome to the club of killer first lines.

~TGRF.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 02:24 AM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

EL I'm beginning to think all your buildup is just you trolling me and the story's intentionally crap. But I'll give it a look-see and determine its quality for myself.

~TAF, will edit in his thoughts post-reading

Old February 22nd, 2018, 02:46 AM

I have the seed of an idea. It could tank. It could also blow up in EL's face. We shall see what comes of it.

~TGRF.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
I have the seed of an idea. It could tank. It could also blow up in EL's face. We shall see what comes of it.

~TGRF.
Bring it on

Quote:
EL I'm beginning to think all your buildup is just you trolling me and the story's intentionally crap. But I'll give it a look-see and determine its quality for myself.

~TAF, will edit in his thoughts post-reading
No, but I should totally do that to another judge down the road.

Old February 23rd, 2018, 06:25 PM

At this point I feel that I have to say I have nothing. No idea really struck me for this prompt. I had a few stories which would fit, but I wasn't feeling any of them. I am also too interested in my novels at the moment, and my other writing time is taken up with HiS at the moment.

Unless, as has been known to happen, I get a sudden rush of inspiration and turn something out in a matter of days, it looks like EL will win this one.

Unless anyone else cares to challenge him?

~TGRF.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 11:51 PM

There are still X more days for inspiration to strike or others to join. Surely someone can give EL's entry some good competition???

~TAF, who thought the prompt might draw more interest than it has

Old February 24th, 2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
There are still X more days for inspiration to strike or others to join. Surely someone can give EL's entry some good competition???

~TAF, who thought the prompt might draw more interest than it has
I thought it was a really good one.

TG! I got a line for you, a starting line, maybe it will spark something.

How much money would it take to convince you to become evil?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction